Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2008, 2:35 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I was mistaken, the offer I received, is based on my having an amex platinum card. But assuming that the rates my offer lists is not contingent on my keeping the [plat] card--I will cancel it card and get lounge access via the skyguide club--even though it is a hastle to submit receipts and wait for reimbrusement. [there is NO reason anyone would want to have the plat card and a skyguide membership--since the plat card allows airline club access without the reimbursement deal.]
Old Aug 15, 2008, 5:53 am

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
I suppose this offer may be attractive in some situations. Reading the fine print, it states that the lounge-reimbursement offer can only be used three times a month. They also suggest that lounge receipts be submitted for reimbursement via certified mail. I thus assume they must think there will be few people who truly use this benefit based on the hassle factor of sending in original receipts. In addition, the program is not attractive for truly frequent travelers who take more than one airline trip a month and will thus want more frequent access to clubs than three one-day passes. (Although I suspect some would argue it is useful as an add-on for those who have a lounge membership yet want once in a while to use another network's lounge.) If one decides not to spend the money for certified mail, this reimbursement offer could be costly if one sends in $150 in receipts for reimbursement and the program claims that they were never received.

This seems to be a lot of work-- paying upfront, bothering with reimbursement, tracking whether the money is actually reimbursed and then following up if it is not. The health club benefit seems to be the same-- not more than three times per month up to $25 per visit, original receipts must be submitted.
Old Aug 15, 2008, 8:26 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About two weeks ago, there was an online submission option, which doesn't seem to be there now. Since I wasn't yet a member, I couldn't even access it. Right now, all I'm "gambling" is 2.99 + tax.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:08 am

Programs: AA PlatPro - 1mm, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by swag
Perhaps the $29.95 / $59.95 rate is available only to Amex Plat cardholders.
I am a SPG Amex card holder (not platinum) and I got the same offer. For $2.99 I figured I'd give it a try. My card has been charged but I have not received the welcome package yet.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 4:49 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My cc was charged the $2.99 + tax oln 8/1/08; I called "skygude..." to ask where my membership kit is--it was not shipped until 8/22/08, so I should get it shortly, that is the date my 2 month trial period begins. I asked about forms for requesting reimbursement, the agent couldn't find it on the internet--they are there, but hidden away: on the home page there is (now) a tab for "travel services" and on that page "lounge access" leads you to a form one can "prefill" and print. [I found my account number from the amex billing info--the agent also gave it to me based on last name and zip code.]
Another perk, is access to "skyguide" flight info.
Old Oct 8, 2008, 9:23 am

Question Skyguide Airport Lounge Reimbursment

My boss travels quite a bit (within the States and Internationally) and has used the Airport Lounges at various airports. He swears that if you have long layovers at airports that its a good way to relax, freshen up, be able to check emails, etc. He recently used the Airport Lounge with several of his traveling companions while going to Africa and he said the cost was minimal; but the ability to be able to relax, stretch and unwind after a long flight was quite rewarding.
We have been using the Skyguide Executive Privilege Club Membership and have found it to be very useful. Not only for this, but we have used it to make entertainment reservations (within other cities), make travel arrangements, make overseas hotel accomodations (language barrier) etc. However, at this time (and this is the first time) we attempted to use the airport lounge reimbursement. We sent original receipts, certified mail to the address given and waited the 6+weeks for the check. At this time, it's been 8+weeks and in calling the Skyguide Executive Privilege Club they tell me that they have no record of a phone number for the Reimbursement Program, no fax or email. My only resort is to write to the address given; which I have and haven't heard any response back. I'm not saying this isn't a legitimate program; however I am saying that you'd better be pretty patient in seeing the $50.00 refund.
What I don't understand is how Skyguide can "sponsor" this program and not be privileged in having any information with regards to it, no phone numbers, fax number or emails to provide to their members that are using it. If they are advertising it on Skyguide website, then they should have information with regards to it.

We have also used the "Companion Ticket" option and although at first it appears to be a deal savers; when actually using it, there are A LOT of regulations that prohibit full flying use. You can't use it internationally; so you may have to book 2 seperate flights. The companion MUST HAVE the same itinerary as the primary user so if your companion is late at the airport, the primary user would not be able to use his ticket. All flights have to use the same airport stops to your destination and back, so if you flew ORD - DFW - ELP; you could not come back any other way but ELP - DFW - ORD and heaven forbid you need to make any changes to your flights as it then costs you a change fee ($150.00) for each person although your companion is "technically" flying free. When using this ticket, be very aware of your options before using.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 1:58 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a follow-up to my op.
I used an aa lounge in August 2008 by buying a day pass at lga. I mailed in my receipt and form for reimbursement. The letter was returned as "undeliverable, and unforwardable" even though it was correctly addressed--a screw-up with po department . I personally hand delivered it to their office at 1120 Avenue of the Americas in NYC--and received my $50 check less than two weeks later. The Skyguide Club can't be responsible for po errors...so I'll chalk this up to a glitch in the "system".
Since I pay only $2.99 for two months and then $29.99 for the remainder of the year, how does Amex Publishing (which runs the program) make money on this deal?
Old Oct 15, 2008, 1:02 pm

Note: There is a reduced rate for AMEX (any color, credit or charge) cardholders. They gave me something like $29 for 6 months and then $89 a year (I think $89 a year was their standard rate for AMEX holders....so even without a special offer it is less than the standard $200 rate) I wonder if the Exec Club concierge is any better, but it can't be worse than my Plat concierge experience. (This was of interest to me after the 241 change on the Plat card)
Old Oct 16, 2008, 1:42 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncflyer16
Note: There is a reduced rate for AMEX (any color, credit or charge) cardholders. They gave me something like $29 for 6 months and then $89 a year (I think $89 a year was their standard rate for AMEX holders....so even without a special offer it is less than the standard $200 rate) I wonder if the Exec Club concierge is any better, but it can't be worse than my Plat concierge experience. (This was of interest to me after the 241 change on the Plat card)
My offer was $2.99 for two months, $29.95 for remainder of 12 months and then $59.95/year after that. My main need for the platinum card is airport lounge access--so with the skyguide promo, I was planning on going back to gold at plat card renewal time. Nowhere in my offer does it state one has to have a plat card to continue; except for the lounge access reimbursement the skyguide program is not really too interesting to me.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat
Any angle on bringing a guest to the airline club?

I noticed that several airlines, (for example: AA for their Admiral's club) allow people to buy a one-day guest pass for $50 on their website in advance. There's a note that says that the purchaser of the day pass need not be the actual guest. So, I was wondering ... would it be possible to just buy an Admiral's club pass three times per month on aa.com (in order to get the up to 3 x $50 reimbursement monthly from AMEX Executive Skyguide club) and then just use the accumulated day passes for one's self and/or one's guests, in due course?
Old Jul 14, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Just got an offer from the SkyGuide people (via AMEX) for two free roundtrip tickets (up to $744 each) and free two months of membership. Membership is $89/year after that with the same 3X $50 airline club reimbursement.

Has anyone taken them up on the offer? I'm trying to figure out what the restrictions are on the tickets and can't find any info on the SkyGuide website. \
Old Jul 27, 2009, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt
i also got this offer in the mail, and clicked through to the other thread mentioned above. is it possible that this $2.99 offer is just for a magazine subscription (plus companion tickets), rather than the lounge access club?

it's interesting because the letter basically tells you nothing about the program, just sells the low low starting price and the companion ticket. if this is genuinely a chance for lounge access 3x a month for $60 for a year, i'm all over that. i suspect the companion ticket isn't worth much, but would see it as a bonus if the lounge access is actually part of the program.

NB-- i've taken advantage of some of these "too good to be true" offers that seem to be based on the premise that people are too lazy to do rebates or, in this case, receipts, and had good results.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 6:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Executive Travel Skyguide is a magazine

http://www.skyguideonline.com/

Skyguide Executive Travel Club is the program which includes the lounge reimbursement feature.

http://www.skyguideclub.com/

A membership in the Club includes a subscription to the magazine, but it is possible to have a magazine subscription without a club membership.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 7:01 pm

I actually belong to this program. I received it through my Hilton Amex card in December 2008. I returned the card in the mail and used three lounges (2 X Continental PC and once AA Admirals) and received a refund in about 6 weeks after mailing with regular postage. They let you mail a copy of the receipt so even if it's lost you can re-send.

When it comes to the free ticket, now that is junk! I tried various destinations including Hawaii, Aruba, even as simple as San Juan, PR. A nasty US based agent took about 45 minutes to look for each destination after which she told me there are no decent available flights. Everything is full! For Aruba she found an "itinerary" if you can call it that where I would go ORD-MIA on AA, spend 4 nights at the airport and continue on to AUA. I said OK I take it, how about the return? After about 30 minutes, she said everything is full. Keep in mind, this was all done in February 2009 for months Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov 2009. They will NOT tell you the booking code they have to use, since it's private information. I told her booking codes can be found everywhere online. Her answer was: "Sir, you have the incorrect information". I asked her if I could earn miles on my flights. Again, I was told this information is private.

As MC would say, my experience was Priceless.

-Kinglobjaw
Old Aug 25, 2009, 5:01 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a follow-up after one year of using my Executive Skyguide membership. Amex Publishing (which handles the program) has been prompt in reimbursing me each time I spent $50 to access an airport lounge. I did NOT send any of my receipts via certified mail.
The $2 + $29.95 I paid for one year + one month's membership was a super bargain, since I used airport lounges on the average of twice a month.
I am hoping they will honor their promo, of $59.95 for future years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.