Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Will be traveling within a couple of weeks. Since the new program starts January 2013, will i have a problem being reimbursed for using the Airport Lounge 3 times this month?

Also, will an Amex Prepaid credit card or Marriott Visa card work for reimbursement or would this be a hassle to fight for your money?
I purchased an AA lounge last week online and I purchased another over the weekend. The terms appear to state that this new rule takes affect next year. I have mailed them in separately and expect to receive the refund. Time will tell. I would get a bit more nervous the closer it gets to January. I don't how the new rule will work. Will it be for the month the lounge was visited, or will it be when the receipt was received by them?

I would also believe that an Amex prepaid should work. I am not sure about one that doesn't have your name on it. I have no experience using anything other Amex.

Last edited by Corridor!; Dec 11, 2012 at 8:22 pm
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by metoo
When I received the enrollment package a couple of days ago, it stated automatic renewal for $29.99.
$29.99 sounds like the "renewal" after your first month or two.

Once the first year is finished, there have been amounts all over the place mentioned ($59-199, with about $89 being the norm perhaps?).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by JapanFlyerT
$29.99 sounds like the "renewal" after your first month or two.

Once the first year is finished, there have been amounts all over the place mentioned ($59-199, with about $89 being the norm perhaps?).

No, the $29.99 renewal fee is after my one year of $19.99 fee
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
My welcome package I received last week states I would be charged $89.95 per year after my free two-month trial ends.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Corridor!
I purchased an AA lounge last week online and I purchased another over the weekend. The terms appear to state that this new rule takes affect next year. I have mailed them in separately and expect to receive the refund. Time will tell. I would get a bit more nervous the closer it gets to January. I don't how the new rule will work. Will it be for the month the lounge was visited, or will it be when the receipt was received by them?

I would also believe that an Amex prepaid should work. I am not sure about one that doesn't have your name on it. I have no experience using anything other Amex.
The tricky part up until now is that you need to send them after use, but if you purchase online more than 30 days in advance, then you need to send them before use (this is what the Skyguide agent told me).

The new rules will be much more limiting, although you might get away with doing a couple at once if they are end of one month and beginning of next.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by poptarts
My welcome package I received last week states I would be charged $89.95 per year after my free two-month trial ends.
It all depends on the promotion that you used to sign up. I paid $19.99 for the first 12 months and it wasn't supposed to auto-renew, however my welcome packet indicates that it will renew automatically at the then-current rate, which is as of now $29.99.

The key word is "then-current." If SkyGuide decides to change the rate to $199, that will be the auto-renew rate. So it's something that all members need to keep their eyes open for once your membership is up.

As for the new lounge pass policy, it's totally bogus. It would be so much better for SkyGuide to only allow six passes but let them be used whenever, then this once a month garbage. I have a feeling a lot of members will cancel because of this.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Mr33Slim
. I have a feeling a lot of members will cancel because of this.
I have a feeling that losing heavy lounge users is, in fact, the objective.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
I have sent in three claims via certified mail and each time I have yet to receive the signed green postcard verifying delivery of the claims. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have yet to receive reimbursement although the claims were just submitted on 12/9 and 12/10 so it may be too early but I expected the green postcards by now.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
NOTE: The proof of delivery record is not automatically mailed back to the sender with this service, however:
Signature proof can be requested at the time of mailing by purchasing the Return Receipt service. Customers have the option of receiving the return receipt by mail or electronically
Signature proof can also be requested after the mailing by purchasing the Return Receipt After Mailing service
http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usp...eType:embedded
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
From time of mailing it takes 6 weeks to get the check written and mailed. So just be patient. I have been with them for 2 years now and never had a problem. No need to do the green return receipt postcards - waste of ur money, just certified is fine.

- also renewal can be sticky as they just raise the price each time. 4 bucks to start for few months then 29.99, then 79.99 then most recently 109, if they keep raising it next year I will cancel.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:18 pm

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I did not know this was available and I was able to verify delivery! THANKS AGAIN!!

mrkymark: Thanks too for your input! I appreciate it!

Last edited by poptarts; Dec 17, 2012 at 12:23 pm
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by poptarts
I have sent in three claims via certified mail and each time I have yet to receive the signed green postcard verifying delivery of the claims. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have yet to receive reimbursement although the claims were just submitted on 12/9 and 12/10 so it may be too early but I expected the green postcards by now.
Did you send them with return receipt? I think that's an overkill. Certified mail is already a proof of mailing and becides, some folks got their refunds even after sending a regular mail. In any case, I've submitted 2 claims so far and gotten reimbursed both times. Took about a month for each, I guess.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone received a Skyguide email with new VIP benefits for Mandarin Hotels? Now all we need is a credit card with a 100K sign up bonus.

Old Dec 17, 2012, 5:13 pm

I decided to go for the Platinum Amex card, because of the $200 bonus for 2012, and the other stuff you get with it, like lounges without having to get reimbursed and you can take 2 others in that are travelling with you; so I'm cancelling my membership.

I am waiting for a reimbursement from this program, though, I guess I should wait for that to come back first. I think I'll keep my husband's, because he travels alone sometimes on business and I'm the only Platinum Amex card member.

I doubt I'll be staying in any Mandarin hotels, they are a bit pricey, aren't they?

Was there anything else besides that? Considering the took half the benefits away (never use the fitness centers).
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
I decided to go for the Platinum Amex card, because of the $200 bonus for 2012, and the other stuff you get with it, like lounges without having to get reimbursed and you can take 2 others in that are travelling with you; so I'm cancelling my membership.

I am waiting for a reimbursement from this program, though, I guess I should wait for that to come back first. I think I'll keep my husband's, because he travels alone sometimes on business and I'm the only Platinum Amex card member.

I doubt I'll be staying in any Mandarin hotels, they are a bit pricey, aren't they?

Was there anything else besides that? Considering the took half the benefits away (never use the fitness centers).
Are you sure and is that new? I canceled Amex Plat last year and back then it was only the holder. Everyone else would have to pay $27. And yes, Mandarin are normally expensive, which is one of the reasons I''ve never stayed there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.