Amex Skyguide Executive Privilege Club

Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:48 am

Why bother canceling after the trial period? It's only $29 for the next 12 months and $59 per year thereafter. It's a no brainer to me to pay the $59 for 12 club visits. I'd rather have the flexibility to buy day passes as I travel, rather than gamble on one airline. We're not exactly talking big bucks here.

Last edited by TTT103; Feb 25, 2012 at 12:37 pm
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TTT103
Why bother canceling after the trial period? It's only $29 for the next 12 months and $59 per year thereafter. It's a no brainer to me to pay the $59 for 12 club visits. I'd rather have the flexibility to buy day passes as I travel, rather than gamble on one airline. We're not exactly talking big bucks here.
True, but you might be able to cancel and then wait for another good offer next year. I haven't read the T&C's, so I don't know if this will be possible.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 8:54 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I spoke to a CS rep for UA Club and she said the passes do not have names on them only numbers (since they are transferrable).

Has anyone gotten credit for sending a UA club pass that has no name? Do you just Photoshop your name onto the pass? They do say its a requirement..........

Does anyone know how they check the validity of the day pass? Assuming SkyGuide has no access to the clubs online database that shows the person name, one could purchase an Admirals Club pass online for another person, photoshop their name onto the pass and send it to Skyguide.

I'm curious for this because I signed up using my mothers Amex and there was no way to specify a billing address so I had to just put all her info in. I also hope she gives me the $100 certs!!!!

Last edited by caGALINDO; Feb 26, 2012 at 9:16 am
Old Feb 27, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
regarding the certified mailing of dox to skyguide...

do you need to send the receipts in singly or can you send in multiple receipts per envelope?

say, for example, lounge for outbound leg, a couple gym passes and a lounge pass for the return trip.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by Spiffster
regarding the certified mailing of dox to skyguide...

do you need to send the receipts in singly or can you send in multiple receipts per envelope?

say, for example, lounge for outbound leg, a couple gym passes and a lounge pass for the return trip.
Well I've read separate from multiple people
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by caGALINDO
Well I've read separate from multiple people
Did you find an answer for the United Club question? I'd be interested in what the process would be.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:49 am

I spoke to a CS rep for UA Club and she said the passes do not have names on them only numbers (since they are transferrable).

Has anyone gotten credit for sending a UA club pass that has no name? Do you just Photoshop your name onto the pass? They do say its a requirement..........

Does anyone know how they check the validity of the day pass? Assuming SkyGuide has no access to the clubs online database that shows the person name, one could purchase an Admirals Club pass online for another person, photoshop their name onto the pass and send it to Skyguide.

I'm curious for this because I signed up using my mothers Amex and there was no way to specify a billing address so I had to just put all her info in. I also hope she gives me the $100 certs!!!!

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Did you find an answer for the United Club question? I'd be interested in what the process would be.
Nope :/
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:09 pm

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but if you have the platinum card, couldn't you just charge the day pass to it (obviously on your selected airline), get a statement credit from AMEX and $50 cash back from sky guide? Essentially getting your $200 from AMEX and an additional $200 in cash from sky guide?

This only works if say for example you're flying on Southwest and want to use the Admirals Club in your city and American is your airline of choice with AMEX.

If this doesn't work or make sense forgive me, I've had a long day...
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:54 am

Does anyone know what AmEx considers 'travel'? I mean, how far away from home do I need to be in order to use the gym reimbursement?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 4:21 pm

Does anyone have any info on Air Canada Maple Leaf lounges? Do the day passes have a name/date on them?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 3:34 pm

bumppp

Old Mar 13, 2012, 6:44 am

bumppp
UAL no longer sells club passes on-line, so you now have to purchase them at the individual clubs. I'm not certain if you can purchase them at the club for future use.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 4:56 pm

Hey guys,

FYI I just called to cancel, its verryyyy easy automated services. No people trying to make you stay! Hehe. Took like 3 minutes.

Now, hope this deal stays live for another week so I can sign up using MY Amex ; I just got accepted into SPG!! Woohoo
Old Mar 14, 2012, 9:33 am

Does anyone know if you can use a prepaid amex card or an amex gift card to buy the club pass and still get reimbursed for the purchase?

I would think you could because it says any amex card but Im not sure.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 9:44 pm

In for one. Sounds too good to be true for someone with my travel habits..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.