Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Jun 17, 08, 2:50 pm   #1

buy one get one free air...companion on separate flight experience

I bought a buy one get one free Amex ticket on AA.

Due to AA schedule changes + a long story I needed to change one of the passengers departure date, but not the other.

I was able to get AA to break the record locator into two (am elite) and attempt the change only to be sent to AA meeting (which were extremely rude) services and then back to Amex.

However, AA had monkeyed with record enough that Amex was able to change one of the passengers departure at date at no extra cost. So now I have a Amex buy one get one free with passengers traveling on different dates.

It made me wonder that there is 2 separate locators would AA (can AA) cancel both of the reservations if only one passenger showed up for the first flight. Seems that with 2 records it would be hard for them to keep track.

Any similar experiences?
AAaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 08, 3:47 pm   #2

Programs: BAEC Silver, US-DM Gold, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
We had two passengers return on different days during Christmas last year due to illness. We still had to pay the airline directly for the change, but they did seperate the PNRs.
Nicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 08, 5:32 pm   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksta View Post
We had two passengers return on different days during Christmas last year due to illness. We still had to pay the airline directly for the change, but they did seperate the PNRs.
Did you do this on flight day?

AA claimed the record was locked and they could do nothing with it.
AAaLot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 08, 6:20 pm   #4

Programs: USAir Gold, Delta Slvr, Amex Plat, Hertz #1 Gold
I can confirm the same experience. Was visiting family and stuff hit the fan at home, and I had to come back early. I had to pay the change fee, but they broke the record locators up into separate itineraries and I came home early. Companion flew back on the original date, with no problems.
chriswufgator is offline   Reply With Quote