Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Business Platinum - Regus

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Any update on this? I just switched to the Biz card, specifically for this benefit, and really would like to use it sooner than not. Do I need a card in hand to apply or just the card number? Is the enrollment form in the new card package, or should I just call Regus to enroll?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
s.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Any update on this? I just switched to the Biz card, specifically for this benefit, and really would like to use it sooner than not. Do I need a card in hand to apply or just the card number? Is the enrollment form in the new card package, or should I just call Regus to enroll?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
s.
Unfortunately I can only refer you to my post #7 Please note that it took me 8 month to get my Regus card. People reported that you can just show your amex card to enter, but nobody confirmed for sure. I had no success in the past.
Old Mar 13, 2008, 1:35 pm

Programs: Amex plat, Hyatt, Hertz, Concierge Association-Colorado
Regus

I have twice used just my AMEX Business Platinum card for admittance in two different locations in downtown Denver. At both locations the staff was very nice but other than a place to sit down, work on the laptop and get a glass of tap water, nothing was free. A cardholder does get a big discount on meeting room space by the hour, half-day and all day.
R
Old Mar 13, 2008, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Unfortunately I can only refer you to my post #7 Please note that it took me 8 month to get my Regus card. People reported that you can just show your amex card to enter, but nobody confirmed for sure. I had no success in the past.
I saw that but was hoping for better results recently. I called in today to the AmEx CSRs and they gave me the number at Regus to call to start the process, so I'm going to get the ball rolling.
Originally Posted by proconcierge
I have twice used just my AMEX Business Platinum card for admittance in two different locations in downtown Denver. At both locations the staff was very nice but other than a place to sit down, work on the laptop and get a glass of tap water, nothing was free.
Glad to hear that you made it in without the Regus card; a glimmer of hope for me. Fortunately, most of what I'm looking for is a place to sit and work on my laptop - nothing else - so the minimal services that they provide are going to be sufficient for my immediate needs.

Thanks,
S.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Does any one know if your membership includes using the former laptop lane at various airports for no charge? If this is allowed then that solves the free wifi problem at aa and dl clubs.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 9:36 am

Programs: Amex plat, Hyatt, Hertz, Concierge Association-Colorado
No to Laptop Lane

I don't thnk so. This weekend I read all of their brochures, flyers and American Express Business Platinum information and there is no mention what-so-ever about Laptop Lane or anything similar at airports.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:52 pm

A quick update on my first Regus attempt. I went to the facility at Rockefeller Center (1230 6th Ave, NYC) and had no problem getting in. They actually didn't ask for anything, which I assume was just the receptionist flaking out.

The down side is that the "free internet" in the "lounge" is a single wired jack at an easy-chair around the corner from the kitchen/lounge. Apparently people are known to reserve the chair here, so this isn't a great option for a random drop-in to get internet. At a minimum, call to see if the chair is available, and be ready to sit in the hall to use it.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
A quick update on my first Regus attempt. I went to the facility at Rockefeller Center (1230 6th Ave, NYC) and had no problem getting in. They actually didn't ask for anything, which I assume was just the receptionist flaking out.

The down side is that the "free internet" in the "lounge" is a single wired jack at an easy-chair around the corner from the kitchen/lounge. Apparently people are known to reserve the chair here, so this isn't a great option for a random drop-in to get internet. At a minimum, call to see if the chair is available, and be ready to sit in the hall to use it.
I think this membership is useless in my opinion. It is just easier to buy time at Starbucks if you need to use an internet.

This membership is only good for people that want a discounted office for a day or more because we get a discount through amex.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 7:32 am

I think this membership is useless in my opinion. It is just easier to buy time at Starbucks if you need to use an internet.
I have a free year of TMobile thanks to the XO laptop I purchased, so I wouldn't have to pay for the 'bucks access either. And the new ATT switchover there will actually allow 2 hours free access daily if you have a 'Bucks card with some value on it - no purchase required.

All that being said, the Starbucks option is fine if you are just checking email, but I wouldn't want to have to make a business call from in there, with the noise and music in the background. Also, I'm not a big fan of coffee so sitting in the room smelling it isn't all that appealing to me.

I agree that the perk isn't huge, but it is another incremental benefit that adds value to the card for me.

I actually spent a half hour yesterday at my "office" in Bryant Park using the free WiFi there because it was so nice out
Old Jan 19, 2009, 4:41 am

I've made significant usage of the Regus benefit this morning in BRU. My flight is delays 6 hours and I've spent three of them now in the Regus lounge on the 4th floor in the terminal. It is outside security and up out of the way. Free internet service (wired or you can use their computer), clean lavs and quiet. And all included in my membership with the card. This is one where I'm pretty sure you'd need the Regus membership card rather than just waiving your AmEx Platinum, but when I showed it the woman was quite accommodating.

I wonder what other airports they have service in...

S.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 1:20 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
their website stinks for searching for Regus-friendly airport lounges.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 10:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Regus?

Does anyone have any experience with Amex's relationship with Regus? I'm an AMEX personal plat, does one have to be business plat to engage it? What does the agreement entitle cardholders to, and for those who use it, how happy are you with it?

Thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by fflier_9999
Does anyone have any experience with Amex's relationship with Regus? I'm an AMEX personal plat, does one have to be business plat to engage it? What does the agreement entitle cardholders to, and for those who use it, how happy are you with it?

Thanks.
Regus Membership is a benefit of US amex Platinum Business Charge Card. You get their basic membership that gives you access to the common areas only. Everything else you have to pay extra.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, United Silver
Thanks

Regus Membership is a benefit of US amex Platinum Business Charge Card. You get their basic membership that gives you access to the common areas only. Everything else you have to pay extra.
Gotcha--thanks.
Old Apr 29, 2009, 9:51 pm

Programs: amex gold, hhonors gold, spg gold :)
in the common areas, you can wifi and coffee/tea for free. i use it quite often (got it when i had biz cent. which is still valid). you basically get a gold membership card from regus, which is i think $300/year.

-hchon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.