Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Sign in using an external account

Old Oct 13, 07, 1:44 am   #1

American Exp Gold Card - Airport lounges

Can anyone tell me if I can use my American Express Gold card to gain entry to an airport lounge at Hong Kong International and how much would it cost?
egyptbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 07, 4:03 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyptbarcelona View Post
Can anyone tell me if I can use my American Express Gold card to gain entry to an airport lounge at Hong Kong International and how much would it cost?
Only to the extent that you can use your Amex Gold as a form of payment for a Business-class or higher ticket or for an annual membership to several OneWorld airline lounge programs...

Last edited by anrkitec; Oct 13, 07 at 4:12 am.
anrkitec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 07, 2:10 am   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by anrkitec View Post
Only to the extent that you can use your Amex Gold as a form of payment for a Business-class or higher ticket or for an annual membership to several OneWorld airline lounge programs...
thanks for the info. Apols for being so naive, I am a very infrequent long-haul flyer and plan to visit my daughter in Australia. I am flying economy from London to Cairns with a four hour connection wait in Hong Kong. I looked at Cathay Pacific's website, and it appeared from that that only their business and first class pax could access the lounges. I have a gold amex card and wondered whether this might get me into a lounge. Do you know if I can pay the admission to the lounge when I arrive in Hong Kong? I'd be really grateful for any assistance/info you can give me.
Old Oct 14, 07, 5:09 pm   #4

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Dia
Plaza Premium Lounge (Pay-per-entry)

http://www.plaza-ppl.com/hk_en/index.php
CX881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 07, 11:05 am   #5

many thanx CX881