US Centurion personal concierge?

Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:36 pm
Original Poster

US Centurion personal concierge?

I just got my Centurion card on Friday...although am kind of thinking I should have gotten the business version so my business partners could get one if they wanted. If I get a second personal one, can that second cardholder pay his/her own bill?

Is there a personal concierge? I haven't yet called the 800 number on the back of the card, I just activated the card and filled out the online forms...although I'm not sure if they worked (for enrollment into the different hotel/airline programs).

Thanks. And man that thing is pretty heavy (and hard!).

Alex
Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what do you mean "personal" concierge?

"If I get a second personal one, can that second cardholder pay his/her own bill?" share a password and add two bank accounts to billpay?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Personal concierge = direct line number, no prompts...

I'm wondering in general how additional cardholder accounts work. Does each AC get his/her own bill/login and can they be paid separately?

How does that differ from Business Card Additional Cardholders? I know a lot of big companies issue people Corporate cards when each person pays individually...

Alex

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
what do you mean "personal" concierge?

"If I get a second personal one, can that second cardholder pay his/her own bill?" share a password and add two bank accounts to billpay?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 7:26 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
No direct # but you do get a direct extension.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 12:28 am

Right...each cardholder gets a personal concierge, and you get their name and direct extension. So you can pretty much bypass all of the prompts and just type 2+1+extension+#

No, additional cardholders will be paid for by you.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aviators99

No, additional cardholders will be paid for by you.
I know in the UK, the additional cardholders, can, in theory pay their bill. It is possible for them to get seperate logins to view their totals. By sending a BACS (online transfer from bank) to amex, using their card number as a reference, it will show up on their part of the statement.

Chris
Old Dec 19, 2006, 11:08 pm

The personal conceirge concept is complete crap. I've had about 3 personal coceirge so far. Whenever I call mine, they are never at work or away from desk. So I almost always end up using whoever is available to assist me at the time I call. I've gone through three conceirge already b/c it seems like the turnover rate for these employees are really high. Every 4 month or so they reassign me a new one. Its a complete waste of time really... on top of that, everytime I prompt #2 for general conceirge, they always ask me if I want to connect with my personal conceirge... I just say no b/c I know they are never in..
Old Dec 20, 2006, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by 00flyer00
The personal conceirge concept is complete crap. I've had about 3 personal coceirge so far. Whenever I call mine, they are never at work or away from desk. So I almost always end up using whoever is available to assist me at the time I call. I've gone through three conceirge already b/c it seems like the turnover rate for these employees are really high. Every 4 month or so they reassign me a new one. Its a complete waste of time really... on top of that, everytime I prompt #2 for general conceirge, they always ask me if I want to connect with my personal conceirge... I just say no b/c I know they are never in..
The good thing about it is that when your concierge is unavailable (often), you get to try out other ones, and eventually you end up with a list of really great ones and their extensions.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:30 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
The good thing about it is that when your concierge is unavailable (often), you get to try out other ones, and eventually you end up with a list of really great ones and their extensions.
I need to remember to start keeping a list...every time I have a good experience I tell myself to remember the extension, but I am never at a place to write it down, always in the car or something....
Old Dec 22, 2006, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

just plug it into your cell phone?
Old Dec 22, 2006, 6:04 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Or in my case, a list of really bad ones.
Old Dec 22, 2006, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

perhaps try asking those who know good concierges if they are willing / able to share..
Old Dec 23, 2006, 2:10 pm

Programs: AAexp, UA*G, HY LT Globalist, FB Plat, Centurion
Originally Posted by 00flyer00
I couldn't disagree more; i have 2 great personal concierges so that I am covered 24 hours a day. with my rigorous travel schedule these guys really help me out. One of them is even fluent in Vietnamese, Cambodian and Cantonese--which is great for where I have to go. The other gent who works over-night is a real savant who constantly amazes me...even if he doesn't have an answer he will take the time to figure out and deliver great results.
Old Dec 23, 2006, 3:20 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by SQPPS
I couldn't disagree more; i have 2 great personal concierges so that I am covered 24 hours a day. with my rigorous travel schedule these guys really help me out. One of them is even fluent in Vietnamese, Cambodian and Cantonese--which is great for where I have to go. The other gent who works over-night is a real savant who constantly amazes me...even if he doesn't have an answer he will take the time to figure out and deliver great results.
I would have to agree with you I have a couple of really great ones that I use as well. I have been a little bit shocked that they seem to almost care when dealing with my requests and frequent last minute reservation requirements at hard to get into spots.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.