Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AMEX Plat Cruise benefit: experiences and fine print (2006 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Plat Cruise benefit: experiences and fine print (2006 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BONVOY GOLD
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Yes, they do apply.
After Logging into the Amex Cruise website, the prices are full fare prices, Its 40% cheaper to book directly with Royal Caribbean. Do they match if I call Amex Travel?

Also, as soon as I changed my country to Canada, there where no options to book a cruise... just flight, hotel car etc...

Are you sure we get these cruise benefits?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by coleworld
After Logging into the Amex Cruise website, the prices are full fare prices, Its 40% cheaper to book directly with Royal Caribbean. Do they match if I call Amex Travel?

Also, as soon as I changed my country to Canada, there where no options to book a cruise... just flight, hotel car etc...

Are you sure we get these cruise benefits?
You have to call them to book. The benefits are listed on the amex plat website, which I've listed in this post: http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...ileges-canada/
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
You have to call them to book. The benefits are listed on the amex plat website, which I've listed in this post: http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...ileges-canada/
Thanks, I will call them to book and see what the prices are like
Old Apr 27, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by coleworld
Thanks, I will call them to book and see what the prices are like
I'd appreciate if you could post how the prices compare with booking directly with the cruise line. Sounds like a great benefit if prices compare.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
I was quite surprised when booking a Grand Voyage on HAL that they would not apply the AMEX Platinum Benefits.

TA told me this and then i cinfirmed it with HAL.

I was very disappointed.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I tried but unable to take advantage of the Amex Plat Cruise Benefit on my recent bookings with Princess, Celebrity and RCCL.

Basically, I would have to book a certain category, which in my experience, would cost $200+ more per person.

To pay extra to get the $100-$150 OBC (Oceanview) just doesn't make sense to me.

Luckily, my TA gave me the OBC anyway because I'm a loyal customer with them so that helped me out.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:22 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aSiAnRiCk
I tried but unable to take advantage of the Amex Plat Cruise Benefit on my recent bookings with Princess, Celebrity and RCCL.

Basically, I would have to book a certain category, which in my experience, would cost $200+ more per person.

To pay extra to get the $100-$150 OBC (Oceanview) just doesn't make sense to me.

Luckily, my TA gave me the OBC anyway because I'm a loyal customer with them so that helped me out.
I often wondered if that was possible. It's good to know that maybe the TA I would talk to could provide OBC for a category that would fit my Cruise interest.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Marriott Titanium
For my upcoming July cruise on Oceania my travel agent was able to get the same price and extras (OBC, free internet etc) offered on the Oceania website plus the AMEX platinum cruise benefits. Both sets of benefits appear on my booking invoice from the cruise line.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Book through AX's low cost travel agency AvoyaTravel if you want to combine discounts and CPP. PM me for the name of a great Avoya agent who's familiar with adding CPP benefits.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:53 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Book through AX's low cost travel agency AvoyaTravel
This agency is not owned by American Express.

Avoya Travel™ is a family-owned business that traces its roots back to a Hawaiian travel company owned by the founders during the 1960s. Today Avoya Travel, part of the Avoya® family of brands, is one of the leading travel agencies in the world and one of the world's largest American Express Travel Representatives.

Last edited by mia; Apr 30, 2014 at 6:11 am
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:40 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by mia
This agency is not owned by American Express.
Wrong
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Wrong
American Express Travel Representative indicates an agency relationship, not ownership. There are many American Express Travel Representative agencies. (If American Express has acquired the company they should update the website to accurately reflect the new ownership.)

Last edited by mia; Apr 30, 2014 at 6:12 am
Old Apr 30, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
ANY travel agent can get the Amex benefits. All he/she has to do is log into special website, input the booking info and get a tracking number.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by wripro
ANY travel agent can get the Amex benefits. All he/she has to do is log into special website, input the booking info and get a tracking number.

That is correct. I have a travel business that is in no way connected to Amex and I am able to get my clients including myself, the Plat benefits as long as the requirements are met for the specific cruise.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:05 pm

Well, I was on the phone with Amex PTS (Canada) for 1.5 hrs booking a Royal Caribbean Cruise. At first she quoted me a ridiculously higher price than what I was seeing with Royal Caribbeans website.

She got on the phone with RC and even they said they couldn't see the price I was seeing.

I was told to book on my own through the RC website, then told to cancel my reservation online, so they could rebook it through Amex PTS to match that price plus the 2 category upgrade/dinner credit/bottle of wine.

Quite the rigamarole. This is my first booking with PTS. Not too pleased that I had to do most of the work to get the deal, but I'm too excited about my cruise to care now!

Plus I applied my $200 annual credit, so now I don't need to book with them again this year over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.