Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FHR Codes for Various Hotel Chains

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2007, 11:30 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by masahiro
Hi all,

FYI,
Ritz-Carlton

AMX=American Express Select Rate
AXP=American Exporess Corporate Rate
RTZ=Ritz-Carlton Family Rate

Thx,

Ritz Centurion is AXC
Old May 17, 2007, 12:36 am

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Did the Starwood FHR Code Change???

Originally Posted by kuroneko
Starwood-267372
So, I've used this one for quite a while when comparing corporate rates and other discounts. About two weeks ago, I used it to check a rate at the St. Regis in SF (I ended up finding a cheaper corporate rate). I went to use it today for another property and it didn't take saying there was an error in my corporate code. I checked tons of other properties I've used it at for all kinds of dates into the next year and got the same error message. Did *wood change the code?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by HUGE AL
So, I've used this one for quite a while when comparing corporate rates and other discounts. About two weeks ago, I used it to check a rate at the St. Regis in SF (I ended up finding a cheaper corporate rate). I went to use it today for another property and it didn't take saying there was an error in my corporate code. I checked tons of other properties I've used it at for all kinds of dates into the next year and got the same error message. Did *wood change the code?
I am also unable to check starwood rates using this code 267372. Is there a new one?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 2:43 am

Using the FHR code on the Ritz Carlton website gives me a better rate than the AMEX Rep over the phone. Anybody been rejected because they booked FHR over the web instead of through a CSR?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
Using the FHR code on the Ritz Carlton website gives me a better rate than the AMEX Rep over the phone. Anybody been rejected because they booked FHR over the web instead of through a CSR?
If you read T&C on Ritz Carlton website for FHR it specifically states that it has to be booked through AMEX.

PS: I was going to post FHR T&C from Ritz Carlton website and it does not let me check rates on FHR or AXC. It states it is restricted. I certainly hope they did not close our only way to check rates without calling Platinum or Centurion travel servcies. Is anybody else experiencing this?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an FHR code?

( I did a search and was code that not valid, less than 4 characters... )
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SASfan

Yes, very annoying "feature" of the search function, isn't it? Makes you wonder what the webmaster was thinking, esp when you consider that all airport codes and many valid words are three letters long!

Ahem, back to your question - FHR refers to the "fine hotels and Resorts" program for Platinum/Centurion American Express cardholders.

An FHR code as used in the context of this thread is the code one would use to search the website of an FHR participating property to determine the rate and availability.

Last edited by kuroneko; Jul 31, 2007 at 10:48 am
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld
I'd ask the rep to match the rate you found on the web. I wouldn't necessarily say you found the rate by using the FHR code, but maybe say that you had checked the rate earlier and was quoted that rate. Can't hurt to ask.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:42 am

Thank you, kuroneko. As I have a Plat AMEX, I think I am eligible! @:-)
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:44 am

Fine Hotel and Resort Program. It is only available to Platinum and Centurion Card holders. Theres a sticky at the the top of the AmEx forum.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG PLT, Hyatt Diamond, 10% progress towards lifetime Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by kuroneko
Yes, very annoying "feature" of the search function, isn't it? Makes you wonder what the webmaster was thinking, esp when you consider that all airport codes and many valid words are three letters long!
I can tell you that they are beta-testing a 3-letter search feature. There are some technical difficulties associated with rolling this out, and I'm definitely not technical enough to explain them. However, I do believe we are working towards a satisfactory resolution to this.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:24 am

Hers is a link with a list of properties and amenities for FHR:

https://www134.americanexpress.com/t...csg&cdtyp=plat
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:39 am

Thanks, TAHKUCT. That Amex page only gives a 1-800 number to call, so i assume to book just plug in one of these codes on the respective site (SPG, Hyatt, FS, etc.), and hope for the best?
Old Jul 31, 2007, 11:42 am

Thanks, TAHKUCT. That Amex page only gives a 1-800 number to call, so i assume to book just plug in one of these codes on the respective site (SPG, Hyatt, FS, etc.), and hope for the best?
Unfortunately you cannot book it online. You have to call Platinum Travel services to book. However on some of the websites (lie www.ritzcarlton.com)you can check FHR rate before you call.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:13 pm
cwc

Ok, this is my experience.

I went to Ritz website to check the FHR rate, and call PTS to book that rate.
PTS CSA cannot see the rate I saw. So I make the reservation on Ritz website, called the PTS back, and told her my reservation confirmation information on Ritz website, she contact the hotel direct and they discuss for a while and came back saying they will honor my reservation from the website, but warn me don't do that again, because they(Ritz) will not honor any web reservation for FHR program.

To SASfan, just want to make sure you do have the 450$(US) per year platinum charge card not the platinum credit card in order to get the FHR benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.