Just got my Black Cent Card In Today

Old Nov 5, 2005, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Just got my Black Cent Card In Today

Hello All,

I just got my Business Cent card in today (Amex did a saturday overnight to me. ).

Had some questions, it seems some things that people mention about the benfiits of the Cent card might be different than mine.

Are there any known difference in benifits from the Biz card and the Personal Cent card?

I have a Biz Cent card, came in a folder with 1 card, (I thought you get 2 of them, 1 for personal and 1 for business.).

The card came in pastic, In the US, has Amex released the Titanium card?

I thought there were alot more Airline programs, it seems its just Delta, US Airways, and CO, and it's mid-tier premier status. I live in Chicago and was hoping for AA and UA status.

Didn't seen anyting about the Mandarin Hotel upgrades, is this in the US?

Thanks all.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:03 pm

Welcome to the Club.
Old Nov 5, 2005, 2:11 pm

You sure paid a lot of money without doing much reading if you are just now noticing the benefits. good thing is that if you decide the card is not for you, you can get most of your money refunded.

The business card has some business partners and discounts. Not sure what benefits it lacks that the personal card has.

I use it for its perks like Starwood Platinum, gold status, club access, but do most of my charging on the AMEX Starwood card. 20,000 Starwood points == 25,000 AA miles. Card costs 430 per year after year one.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 6:40 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Titanium cards are smoke and mirrors for the moment. They're out there but if you weren't offered one you aren't "special" to AMEX and won't get 'em until they're released to the "general cardholder population". Supposedly the folks who have 'em are stars, billionaires, etc.

As for the bennies, the Business Centurion doesn't offer US AIR gold status whereas the personal does. I think that's the only major difference. I do find that the biz centurion has better customer service than the personal but then again I find that of ALL the business products vs. the personal cards.

The two card thing is only for the UK. Here in the US you get one card, and that's it. Extra cards cost $$$.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:40 am

I am not a star, and I am not a billionair too.
But my card is black and made from titanium, and is issued by Amex.
Old Nov 8, 2005, 5:53 am

Programs: FB M&M AA Amex HH SPG and others
Originally Posted by ptxl
I am not a star, and I am not a billionair too.
But my card is black and made from titanium, and is issued by Amex.
Then you have a problem when the card expires.

How can you cut the card in pieces?
Old Nov 8, 2005, 7:36 am

I collect old cards.
Especially my first Centurion titanium card.
I still have my first green, gold, and Platinum cards.
I won't sell it on EBay
Old Nov 8, 2005, 8:00 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Titanium Charge Cards were issued "randomly" as far as I know. There were no spending thresholds or such. You were either selected, or not.
Old Nov 9, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Brobbel
Then you have a problem when the card expires. How can you cut the card in pieces?
I've been lurking on the board for a while now (spend my time mostly over at BA) but have seen this question come up a few times.

Any disgruntled card holders should read this and then go out and buy a laser, acetylene torch or abrasive waterjet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.