Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion & Platinum benefits: comprehensive listings by country

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: Plat:US,DL (ex KL,AF,LX,LY) Gold:BA,VS (ex CO,UA).Plat.SPG,HGP Diam.HH. ICHG Plat RA. Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by James King
1) Best international Fares departing from OZ with ANZ, BA, Delta, EK, Eihiad, LAN, SQ, UA, V-Australia, Virgin Atlantic.. in Business and First.
It's the companion free ticket with full-fare C and F tickets (not a special access to unpublished international fares). Same as Plat.

4) Centurion Fast Track- A service that meets you at the gate and expediates your arrival procedure- In a few locations.
Fast Track is a special lane at airports (e.g. LHR and others) which is accessed by either a C/F ticket, elite FF status in some airlines, and showing a Cent. Whether someone "meets you at the gate and expediates" would be news to many...

7) Frequent Guest Program- HH Gold, Gold Preffered Starwood Guest, Relais and Chateaux 5 C programe, Interconti-top tier.
I believe it's HH Diamond (not gold). "Interconti-top tier" is called Royal Ambassador, which isn't given to Cent or any CC card program. You're probably referring to HolidayInn/CrownePlaza "top tier" which is plat PriorityClub. (IC's program is called "IC Ambassador")

11) Shopping benefits with high profile shops *i.e Harrolds, Henry Bucks, Zegna..
Who is Harrold?, lol.
You'll find that the "shopping benefits" are cross-marketing programs rather than any special access. The shops mentioned will give you the "benefits" if you simply ask for them (e.g. personal shopper, Zegna's "su misura" program) rather than by waving a cent.
(I've actually been "corrected" by management of more than 4 "shopping partners" that having a cent card doesn't entitle one to any special/exclusive benefits, other than being on the direct-mailing list).

The cost for this is $4300 per year, and the card is titanium (sets off airport scanners!)
You will find, in time, that the card "sets off airport scanners" is an urban legend.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: American Express Centurion
Hong Kong Cent Benefits 2011

If anyone can detail the benefits for the Centurion Card for 2011, it would be most appreciated. I am specifically interested in knowing how the benefits vary between a HKG issued Cent vs. the IDC Centurion.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by S.Bling
You will find, in time, that the card "sets off airport scanners" is an urban legend.
Was my experience until very recently in Zurich. Had to to be scanned thrice. It did set off the main scanner and the hand scanner when I was searched. Had forgotten the card in my pocket.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 12:28 pm

Maybe it's the chip?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, RCC, PreChk , Hertz 5* Gold, HH Silver, SPG Gold thx to Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tyberius
As a Canadian Platinum holder I have had 10% off on restaurant tabs in various places in Asia. Each time it was a surprise to me as I wasn't aware of the program at all.
I was surprised to get 15% off last Sunday night at Spoon in the Intercontinental Hong Kong, paying with my US Plat.

I typically don't chase or research discounts for dining, so this may be a published benefit or offer.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
At the beginning of the thread it mentions Uk platinum holders can get a free BA Amex card. This was in 2004 tho. Does anyone know if this is still possible tho?
Old Oct 29, 2012, 3:33 pm
jln

Programs: AMEX Cent, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Duc

Whether Amex want to keep information about lounge access and other special benefits to just the cardholders in their respective countries or whether they simply haven’t thought of consolidating the benefits information on a global basis I don’t know but, it seems to me that it would benefit us all if we shared this info.
Amex does not consolidate the benefits information on a global basis on purpose.

For an upcoming trip to Paris, I was asking for the French Centurion Clubs List, aka in France as the Selection Centurion Clubs Prives.

I received a list of (just) 6 clubs located in Paris.
- Castel
- L'Arc
- Les Planches
- VIP Room
- Le Lido
- Paradis Latin

*(Any recommendations? Benefit for cent cardholders include "that you can be added to the guest list at any of the Clubs quoted meaning you automatically can jump the queue and you do not have to wait outside to gain access".)

I read an article on UK Cent site stating they arrange "Access to the new Club Vendome in Paris". Since this club was not on the list, and the list stated 2011, I assume it was outdated.

The response shows how ignorant they are about their global benefits:

"With regards to the Club benefits in Paris, I have contacted our concierge colleagues in France asking about the ‘Club Vendome’ as I have been unable to locate any information regarding this Club.
You mentioned you had seen information relating to ‘Vendome’ on the Centurion website, would you be kind enough to let me know the website you were viewing as I have been unable to locate any details for Vendome.
"

And, one email later sending a simple link to the current Centurion website:

"I have spoken with our French team regarding the Club list you were sent.
They have confirmed this is the most up to date list of Clubs our Centurion cardholders have access to.

The only specific benefit for our cardholders is that you can be added to the guest list at any of the Clubs quoted meaning you automatically can jump the queue and you do not have to wait outside to gain access.

With regards to Vendome, as the article appeared on the UK Centurion website and not on the French Centurion website, our French colleagues do not have any further information. I am also waiting for a communication from our marketing team with the benefits on offer at Vendome.

I have contacted the Club Vendome direct and they will be sending me full details tomorrow.

As soon as I know what this Club can offer, I will let you know.

All the current benefits for Centurion cardholders worldwide are individually tailored for each currency market and will therefore vary from time to time and are not always the same for each country. This also relates to the annual Centurion membership fee which is different for each country depending on various benefits offered.
"

So yeah, there you go. No consolidating the benefits. Fortunately, there's flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.