Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Delta card: One-time offer only?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:57 am
Original Poster

AMEX Delta card: One-time offer only?

A little over a year ago I received an application for a Delta American Express card with no fee for the first year and 15,000 miles after my first use. I got the card, used it once, recieved my miles, then closed the account. Since then I keep getting more offers in the mail for the same deal. Can I take advantage of this deal again or am I disqualified since I've already done it once? The application says it's for first-time applicants only in very small print hidden on the back, but in the past I've found that other companies with the same policy still let you have the deal. I'll be perfectly honest - I want to get the card solely so I can just get the miles and then close the account before incurring any fees. I have no intention of keeping the account open.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL GM
maybe no more.

I just tried this for my wife. in the past we have both gotten mulptple bonuses but this time around it doesn't seem to be posting. I'll update if it changes, but my guess is the gig is up.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 4:05 pm

AMEX always seemed to be one bonus per LIFETIME. I like the United MP Visa card, 15k-20k per $60 annual fee, I'm about to go onto my 3rd card (and bonus).

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.