Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Platinum/Centurion access to LH lounges if flying LH/LX/OS .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club

According to the AMEX app Platinum and Centurion card members now have access to select LH lounges in MUC when flying LH/Swiss/Austrian.

• Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Business Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service
  • Platinum cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa Senator Lounges in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in business class
  • Centurion cardmembers get access to the Lufthansa First Class Lounge in the Terminal 2 Satellite when flying Lufthansa, Swiss, or Austrian in any class of service

One Mile at a Time Article

I'm hoping this works out and is expanded to additional LH lounge locations.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

good benefit

best remains paid VIP lounges/terminals - any airline, any class of service
edit to add detail >
tarmac transfer is common in europe, like
DE
vip.frankfurt-airport.com
munich-airport.com/vipwing-719148
CH
gva.ch/en/Site/Passagers/Preparation-voyage/Services-VIP
flughafen-zuerich.ch/en/passengers/fly/assistance/vip-services
AT
viennaairport.com/en/vip
LON
gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-services/elite-class/
heathrowvip.com
first US at LAX
reserveps.com
(not sure re DL VIP select)
Boraxo likes this.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 4, 2022 at 1:32 pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Awesome benefit!
Hopefully it will also be available to European Cent customers...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Please roll this out to FRA soon...
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
And ZRH...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Centurion Lounge Benefit - Munich

About two months ago AmEx updated the app and included lounges in Munich:

First Class Lounge (Satellite): Centurion Members
Senator Lounge (Satellite): Platinum Members

Couple of questions:

1) Has anyone tried this and confirmed yet (esp. Centurion)
2) Assume no guests allowed?
3) Only Satellite Lounge, or G/H as well but just not mentioned?

If not, I'll try it out later this week and report back. Have a 5 hour transit IAD-MUC-FRA-JNB and trying to figure out how to use my time...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Couple of questions:

1) Has anyone tried this and confirmed yet (esp. Centurion)
2) Assume no guests allowed?
3) Only Satellite Lounge, or G/H as well but just not mentioned?
1) I'll let others chime in, as I have not tried yet.
2) The AMEX app notes "Certain locations will allow guest for a fee" so definitely not complimentary.
3) According to AMEX app, its only the Satellite locations for now. I believe LH/AMEX are testing this out to see if there is too much crowding before possibly expanding.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:14 am

Lufthansa Lounge Access for Platinum and Centurion

Lufthansa Lounge Access

As part of The American Express Global Lounge Collection, we invite Platinum Card and Centurion Members to enjoy access to select Lufthansa airport lounges in the satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport now until 5/31/18.

Platinum Card Members may enjoy access to Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of ticket class) and Lufthansa Senator Lounges (when flying business class) in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport.
Centurion Members may enjoy access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges in the satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, regardless of ticket class.
To enter, show your valid Platinum Card or Centurion Card, government issued photo I.D., and confirmed seat on a same day Lufthansa Group boarding pass.

Certain locations will allow guests for a fee.

For the most current Lufthansa rules and guest access and pricing policy, please visit http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access.

Terms & Conditions

PLATINUM

Platinum Card Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of ticket class) and Lufthansa Senator Lounges (when flying business class) in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport from 9/15/2017 until 5/31/2018. To access the Lufthansa lounges, Platinum Card Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Platinum Card. Card Members must adhere to all rules of participating lounges. Participating lounges and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating lounges. In some Lounges the Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.

For the most current Lufthansa rules and guest access and pricing policy, please visit http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Lounge-types-and-access.

CENTURION

Centurion Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class Lounge, Senator Lounges and Business Lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport from 9/15/2017 until 5/31/2018. To access the Lufthansa lounges, Centurion Member must present a government issued I.D., a same-day boarding pass showing confirmed reservation on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) and a valid Centurion Card. Card Members must adhere to all rules of participating lounges. Participating lounges and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating lounges. In some Lounges the Centurion Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.

Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:30 pm

Has anyone with a Centurion card tried to access the Lufthansa FIRST CLASS TERMINAL (FCT) using the Centurion card and flying in another class of service other than First?
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by Centurion
Has anyone with a Centurion card tried to access the Lufthansa FIRST CLASS TERMINAL (FCT) using the Centurion card and flying in another class of service other than First?
Absolutely NOT possible.

Centurion access to Lufthansa First Class lounges is only to the satellite lounge in Munich.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
I'm wondering if they've added Frankfurt as a location with access to the Senator or business lounges with the AMEX Plat?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I'm wondering if they've added Frankfurt as a location with access to the Senator or business lounges with the AMEX Plat?
They have not.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:11 pm

Has anyone tried to bring a guest? What is the guest policy for the LH lounge in MUC? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by randompants
Has anyone tried to bring a guest? What is the guest policy for the LH lounge in MUC? Thanks!
Policy is with Centurion one guest allowed in the First lounge (satellite only) as long as they are on the same flight as you.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Policy is with Centurion one guest allowed in the First lounge (satellite only) as long as they are on the same flight as you.
Got it. I have the Amex Plat personal card and we'd be aiming to enter the LH Business Lounge. Do you know whether the guest policy there also allows me to bring in a guest? We are on the same flight/ticket. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.