Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Hilton, Delta, Starwood new account bonuses not posted in over a month.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:29 pm

My wife is having the exact same problem, though she completed her minimum spend longer ago than anyone else who has posted here so far--back in early April. After no bonus points posted for several months, we contacted Amex about three weeks ago, at which point the agent confirmed that my wife met the spend requirement and never previously had the card. I've checked back twice since then, but her points still haven't posted and the inquiry is still pending.

The last agent I chatted with tried to tell me that her federal income tax charges didn't count toward the spend requirement, but then the list of exclusions he copied and pasted only mentioned "federal excise tax fees," which clearly was inapplicable. When I asked him where federal income taxes were excluded, he simply demurred and said to check back on the open case in a few days.

Anyone have any ideas how to speed this up?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by konoyaro
It has been more than 12 weeks since I reached the spend threshold.
The clock starts when the statement is generated, not when the specific transaction posts. It could take longer if American Express is auditing the purchases to see if it includes transactions ineligible to earn rewards (e.g. gift cards, money orders) or if there have been returns. I would not expect it to actually take 12 weeks from the time you inquired.

Last edited by mia; Jul 26, 2017 at 9:58 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mia
The clock starts when the statement is generated, not when the specific transaction posts. It cold take longer in American Express is auditing the purchases to see if it includes transactions ineligible to earn rewards (e.g. gift cards, money orders) or if there have been returns. I would not expect it to actually take 12 weeks from the time you inquired.
For me, the initial $3,000 was finished during the middle of the second billing statement (which closed on May 18) and the additional $2,000 in spend was finished by the end of the third billing period (closed June 16). I've yet to receive either bonus but it looks like I'll probably end up getting at least one of them by the August statement--so 12 weeks exactly.

On that note, this is probably the longest it's ever taken for a bonus to post, even from AmEx.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:13 pm

Further data point on bonus slow to post:

4/1: Applied/accepted for AmEx SPG Business
6/18: Met $5k spend
6/27: 3rd statement close
7/27: 4th statement close, chat support contacted, confirmed spend met, and said points will post 8-12 weeks after meeting the spend.

I guess I'll wait until next statement.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:29 pm

I guess here is a date point to show that it's not always slow to post.

My 30k bonus posted about a week after the spend was met, points showed up in my SPG account even before the statement closed. Not sure if this made a difference but I met the $3k min spend with a single $4k transaction. SPG Personal.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 7:00 am

I'm having the same issue and have received confirmation from two amex reps that the minimum spend was met. Statement has closed but no points.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by Dom Bologna
Further data point on bonus slow to post:

4/1: Applied/accepted for AmEx SPG Business
6/18: Met $5k spend
6/27: 3rd statement close
7/27: 4th statement close, chat support contacted, confirmed spend met, and said points will post 8-12 weeks after meeting the spend.

I guess I'll wait until next statement.

I posted earlier about my spg biz bonus points not posting. I had them open an investigation they say I met the terms of the offer. Then through chat the csr says my $20k charge for taxes was invalid and doesn't count towards the minimum spend. This after they confirmed several times that terms had been met.

The csr reopened the investigation and it is still pending. It has been about 5 months I would guess. Will keep posted.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:00 am

I find that absurd. If you pay income tax with your credit card, you have to pay the 1.8% or whatever it is fee for using the card. I don't see why that wouldn't qualify for spend.

I was about to do the same thing to meet my spend on my new Amex Blue Business Plus; but I guess I won't be doing that now.

Sucks.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by lbotez
I find that absurd. If you pay income tax with your credit card, you have to pay the 1.8% or whatever it is fee for using the card. I don't see why that wouldn't qualify for spend.

I was about to do the same thing to meet my spend on my new Amex Blue Business Plus; but I guess I won't be doing that now.

Sucks.
I fully expect my wife to get the bonus eventually. We've earned Amex signup bonuses in the past paying our taxes, and income tax payments aren't covered by any of the exclusions. It's just ridiculous that the points haven't already posted..l
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by tda1986
I fully expect my wife to get the bonus eventually. We've earned Amex signup bonuses in the past paying our taxes, and income tax payments aren't covered by any of the exclusions. It's just ridiculous that the points haven't already posted..l
I hope you are right. Considering you paid a fee to pay your taxes with an Amex card. Otherwise, you could have paid cash and no fee. Good luck.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

For the people waiting for bonuses to show up are the points on your statement ? If so they will eventually find your HH account

I have paid my property taxes for years on credit cards as well as buying Hyvee and Costco gift cards and these purchases always counted towards the spend

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 3, 2017 at 6:10 pm
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:28 am

------

Last edited by crimsonAA; Nov 14, 2017 at 7:28 am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
As a counterpoint to the May bug claim, I also applied in May with the 100k+free night app and received my bonus 100k within a couple days of meeting spend. Best of luck to y'all.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 2:15 am

It has been 3,5 months now. All CSR on the phone and in the chat said that I will get the 100,000 points. But they are just not appearing in my account.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 10:50 am

I am on my 9th week, no points yet. They have clearly violated their end of the of the contract. What are my options?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.