Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AMEX Website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I have yet to use the new website without encountering some sort of error, ranging from a "Service unavailable" message to broken image links to browser timeouts. Even the parts that work are sloooooow to load.

Again, the design preferences I can dislike and get over. But the whole thing just seems sloppy in execution, too. It feels like the quality level of the coding behind the new website is about on par with whatever I copy/pasted into my Geocities page...
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting, havent had link failures yet, but i dont really do much.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
For the people having issues with the site, have you tried clearing cookies and cache? That typically fixes some problems when a company redoes things (although doing so probably won't fix "service unavailable" errors and the like).
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tmiw
For the people having issues with the site, have you tried clearing cookies and cache? That typically fixes some problems when a company redoes things (although doing so probably won't fix "service unavailable" errors and the like).
Each time I closed my browser, it automatically clears all the cookies. Nothing is cached.

Yet, the website still has random errors, plus VERY SLOOOOW to load.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ariholland
...NO PLACE to see your spending ability on a Business card that has spending limits....
Do you mean a business charge card (Green, Gold, Plum, Platinum, Centurion) which doesn't always have a published limit, or do you mean a business credit card which always has a limit?

Last edited by mia; Jun 16, 2017 at 5:49 pm
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
unfortunately many companies have huge revenue increases from prioritizing mobile, but i would think that would not apply to companies like amex where it is account management? compared to companies doing sales transactions.

so far with new amex site i have not been too annoyed yet
I really don't understand this. I will *never* use a mobile website. Even when my phone directs me to the stupid mobile website, I will request the full desktop website 100% of the time. If it isn't available, then I just won't use it. I absolutely hate mobile websites. Even now I type this from my iPhone on the desktop version of the FT site.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drminn
Seems to have crashed all together now. I get a page that says "sorry, call the number on the back of your card ...". Whatever happened to testing stuff before deploying it - well, I guess I am dating myself.
That's one solution to the lack of good dating opportunities.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
It doesn't want to even load half the time... just sits there spinning...
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
The new website changed which of my amex cards shows first. It now shows a card I haven't used in years requiring me to click over to my primary card. Any way to change the default?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 3:20 am

Programs: AA lifetime platinum; Hyatt diamond;
The new UI is driving me crazy! Everything is too large and I need to scroll a lot to find what I want. Going to my other cards is much more difficult and my cards are in random sequence. There are also a ton of bugs.

Overall amex is get crappier and crappier. Their travel site amextravel.com, have tons of bug. I don't see anybody would prefer to book air tickets or hotels over there than to book on orbitz/expedia/etc if not for using amex points.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Any way to change the default?
Problem first reported in post 10, and no workaround has been discovered. However, it is worth reading the thread because some features that appear to be missing are still there -and- there is a way to access an older version of the site linked in post 53.

Last edited by mia; Jun 17, 2017 at 5:25 am
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

cmd320, it is easy to understand companies doing things that increase revenue. but im not sure how companies like amex compare to companies that are conducting sales transactions. i dont see how amex account management increases their revenue, unlike companies conducting increased sales transactions via mobile.

maybe there is some competition among credit card and other companies to be most mobile friendly, and possibly even things like getting people doing credit card applications on mobile as they browse/email.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:16 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mia
Problem first reported in post 10, and no workaround has been discovered. However, it is worth reading the thread because some features that appear to be missing are still there -and- there is a way to access an older version of the site linked in post 53.
Thanks. Agree with post 10. Some annoying stuff in here. Fire that millenial UI expert asap
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Happy
It is the oldest card after I delete my PRG which was the oldest but was cancelled this Spring.
Otherwise it was the CANCELED PRG that showed up as the first screen.

Now the oldest one is an OBC - although the HH should be the oldest but it has gone thru upgrade and downgrade, and it seems internally the HH is no longer treated as the oldest.

On the upper left the cards showing are in the order of their history.

However your observation may be the right conclusion on how the current site is programmed to display cards.

I have found a very old interface that is not the same as the one before this update, but prior to that - it gives back a lot of the functionality if you log in to that interface. Someone said it was the same look as AMEX Canada.

Try this

https://online.americanexpress.com/m..._homepage_myca

I dont know how long this interface may last, but for the time being this works a lot better than what we are given currently.
Thanks for the link. Much better! Will use this as logon page as long as it lasts
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I called Amex about choosing what card is shown when you first log in, and I was told that it's not possible to change that at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.