Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old May 25, 2017, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Please do not post referral offers or links in the thread or in this Wikipost. You may post offers (without links) in the dedicated REFERRAL THREAD.

TARGETED application link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...us/index1.html

This is a link to a targeted 20,000 point offer for Blue Business Plus. The landing page shows an expiration date of 12.31.2017, however if you click [Apply Now] and then Offer Terms you see that the offer is valid until 12.31.2018. You will be required to login to apply. If you are not targeted the system will display an error: This offer is no longer available..."

Original application link (expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44960

Second application link (Expired): https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...card/151/44961
Print Wikipost

USA: Blue Business Plus, 2X ALL spend, cap $50k/yr. $300 Dell,FedEx,Docusign credit.

Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:12 am

I applied on Thursday, was approved on Friday, and haven't seen a hard pull.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Anyone manage to get a contactless card from them? I requested one and the card requests kept failing for multiple "mysterious" reasons. Eventually one of the reps admitted they've been having trouble with faulty contactless chips and just sent me an EMV only one.

Got 3k MR points for my troubles but just wanted to see if anyone here got a functioning one.

Last edited by HGHUA; Jun 25, 2017 at 9:40 am
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:35 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Some recent contactless card problems reported in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etal-card.html
Old Jun 25, 2017, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you don't want a hassle, just pretend not to have a business (if you don't have an easily provable business). (See my "enhancement" of mia's post directly above.) That way they can't request documents asking you to prove your business name, prove your business income, etc, etc.
So for your annual income, what do you provide them? What if you're on SS?
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mommafrica
So for your annual income, what do you provide them? What if you're on SS?
The application asks for both you business and personal income. I believe the business income is listed in ranges, choose the lowest. I believe the personal income is a box where you type your actual income, the same as on a personal card application.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 7:26 pm

@ Mia

Respectfully, I understand that part. I applied anyway and got approved, but only for $2K? I'm not happy with that but I can deal with it for now. In six months to one year I will ask for an increase.

The good thing is that I was able to use the app in the wiki. It gave me a problem for a minute, but the site saying that it was having problems after I applied and wouldn't go through. Maybe because I was on Chrome, so I went to IE and it went through.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:01 pm
mia
Original Poster

... only for $2K?....
When you receive the card, see if it has this feature:

The expanded buying power above your credit limit* gives you the freedom to tackle business needs as they come up-and the best part about it is that it's automatic, so you don't have to give us a call to set it up.

Enjoy expanded buying power with the option to spend above your credit limit
The amount above your credit limit is due in full each month as part of your Minimum Payment Due
There are no overlimit fees
*The amount you can spend above your credit limit is not unlimited. It adjusts with your use of the Card, your payment history, credit record, financial resources known to us, and other factors.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
only for $2K?
If you have any other cards open for a year or more you may be able to transfer some credit line to the new card.

Go to Account Services, Credit Management,
Select to Transfer Available Credit to Another Card
Old Jun 26, 2017, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@ Mia

Respectfully, I understand that part. I applied anyway and got approved, but only for $2K? I'm not happy with that but I can deal with it for now. In six months to one year I will ask for an increase.

The good thing is that I was able to use the app in the wiki. It gave me a problem for a minute, but the site saying that it was having problems after I applied and wouldn't go through. Maybe because I was on Chrome, so I went to IE and it went through.
You can ask, but don't be surprised if they make you wait a year to give an increase. Many banks these days (due to their interpretation of the credit protection act passed a few years ago) do not allow changes to credit limit within the first year.

The good thing is that as a business Amex card it does not report to personal credit bureaus (as long as its keep in "good standing"). So you can at the very least walk right up the credit limit and not worry about how it affects your "utilization" and thus your credit score. (As mia said, you may or may not have the ability to even go beyond your credit limit.)

Because of this, a low credit limit on a business card (used for the same stuff a personal card would be used for) is not nearly as bad as a low credit limit on a personal card.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mia
When you receive the card, see if it has this feature:
OK. I did read about that.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:03 pm

@mhdena
all right Exactly. I was thinking the same thing, especially after speaking to a rep via chat about 1 AM, who suggested that I wait 60 days and then call back to request an increase. And a major thanks for showing me how to go about this.

I do like what Mia has mentioned above but I still feel a bit better with an increase of my credit line one way or the other. I don't believe that I'll ever have a good feeling of ever going over my issued credit line. Only in a pinch, and a major pinch at that.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
The application asks for both you business and personal income. I believe the business income is listed in ranges, choose the lowest. I believe the personal income is a box where you type your actual income, the same as on a personal card application.
It asks for Business REVENUE, not income. It is not a range but a number you fill in. The Years in Business has a range to pick from.

Then it asks for Personal Income, both total and the portion of non-taxable.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
It asks for Business REVENUE, not income.
A business' revenue IS its income.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Electroman
Technically income = revenue – costs.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Electroman
Not at all. May be you need to have a dictionary definition on Revenue, as well as Gross Income, Net Income, or Grasp, Net Loss - when the costs are bigger than the revenue!

Originally Posted by milypan
Technically income = revenue – costs.
Quite true. @:-)

Some businesses can have a large revenue, and a large cost + overhead, resulting to just 15% (just an example) of the revenue being the income. I would imagine a lot of the small time resellers on various websites fall into this profit margin. Not to mention a lot of businesses are losing money despite having a revenue, sometimes a very big one too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.