Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by garykung
Sorry - I do see that why you care about AC from your profile.
Yea, you know it's probably just me though. I doubt anyone else in this forum flies on what is currently the worlds largest airline in terms of fleet size, revenue, scheduled passenger miles flown, and destinations served (note I did not assert "best" so save your breath on that response), but your probably right, I'm probably the only one on FT that cares about AA lounges.

Don't follow...
It shouldn't be that hard. You assert "I don't think anyone will argue that AC, even as new, is considered a nice lounge." My comment states that "nice" doesn't matter if one can't get in and find a seat to relax, when needed/desired.

Furthermore, some might indeed assert that some of the new AA lounges are quiet nice. Have you at all researched that? Or actaully been in any of the newer ones lately?

Here are some of the new AA clubs coming during this year:
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...ge-updates.jsp

You don't believe any of those would meet the definition of "nice?"

So just to recap, your initial response asserted two things, 1) nobody cares about AA Admiral's Club and 2) none of them would be considered "nice" (which last I checked is not the same as "best" or "world class")

I believe you are factually wrong on both assertions and it doesn't really take much critical analysis to prove it. Any even cursory review of the Amex forum clearly shows there are plently of posters here who have both an Amex Platinum/Cent card and an Admiral's club membership. I'm pretty confident all those people care about future Admiral's Club openings.

Regards
Old Apr 3, 2017, 2:22 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber

Also - the amenities of Plaza Premium Lounge (the only PP lounges in HKG) can't satisfy its cardmembers who look for a luxurious experience.

NEW Plaza Lounge in HKG looks very acceptable to me,

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ne...ounge-at-hkia/

VS are closing their Lounge and are Moving to this New Plaza

Certainly IMHO superior to Amex Lounges at MEX
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by UncleDude
NEW Plaza Lounge in HKG looks very acceptable to me,

https://www.businesstraveller.com/ne...ounge-at-hkia/
Don't let the pictures fool you. PPL (West Hall) is at par. But some stupid issues (i.e. how PPL serves its food) forced me to put them as below average.

BTW - I was just there this week.

VS are closing their Lounge and are Moving to this New Plaza
No. The new VS "area" is between PPL (West Hall) and TQ lounge. And it has a separate entrance from the PPL (West Hall).

P.S. - All 3 lounges mentioned are operated by PPL.

Certainly IMHO superior to Amex Lounges at MEX
This thread is about Centurion Lounge @ HKG.
Old May 23, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: All the programs!
Anyone know where they're building this lounge and if there's any progress on the construction?
Old May 23, 2017, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by oopl
Anyone know where they're building this lounge and if there's any progress on the construction?
My guess is at the location of previous VS lounge, which is still a sizable space for lounge.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold/HH Diamond/CC Gold/Hyatt Explorist
Anyone have construction updates by chance? Traveling through Hong Kong in a few months, hope to check it out!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Nehawk
Anyone have construction updates by chance? Traveling through Hong Kong in a few months, hope to check it out!
See Wiki.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Nehawk
Went thru yesterday (today) or however you want to put it.....

No one around outside to ask, I asked in UC and they were mum. Seems Polaris lounge is > 1 year out

I peeked around, still can't see anything
Old Jun 13, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: All the programs!
See Wiki.
Thanks for sharing Gary.

I was hoping it would be open sooner than October.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oopl
I was hoping it would be open sooner than October.
Given the work permit lasts until mid-September, it does not seem it will be the case.

Beside - don't forget that depending on how AMEX operates the lounge (i.e. self-manage or contracted), the opening date may be sooner or later.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
This is great news. While HKG has a lot of lounges, it's also extremely crowded. The PP lounge in HK airport almost always requires a line up . Sometimes you need to line up for 30 minutes to get in. This is the only airport I've been to where the PP lounge requires a long line up to get in. The Business lounges in CX sometimes are very crowded as well.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nanirina
The PP lounge in HK airport almost always requires a line up . Sometimes you need to line up for 30 minutes to get in.
Credit Card.

Originally Posted by nanirina
The Business lounges in CX sometimes are very crowded as well.
OW Elites with CX MPC SL.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Everytime I schlep to the pier business it was empty, but not worth the long hike unless you got a 2-3 hour connection / arrive early. One of the few places I wouldn't mind spending a super long layover at.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1mm), Marriott Titanium, HH Gold, Hertz Pres
I will be in HK in August. Wanted to check it out as I've been to all the US ones. Looks like I will have to hit the CX lounge at this point but any new updates would be appreciated.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by johnathome
I will be in HK in August. Wanted to check it out as I've been to all the US ones. Looks like I will have to hit the CX lounge at this point but any new updates would be appreciated.
Does not seem like anything will happen in your favor.

FWIW - there is a reason why the permit expires in September.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.