Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Old Feb 6, 2017, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by kylie79
even in Singapore, I think its 1,700 SGD now or 1,200 USD
No... that's Plat. Think closer to SGD $9,000 (USD $6,000).

Would be cost-prohibitive to open a lounge at SIN so slim chance of that ever happening. Other cards grant access to to the CIP Terminal instead.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by uhoo
No... that's Plat. Think closer to SGD $9,000 (USD $6,000).

Would be cost-prohibitive to open a lounge at SIN so slim chance of that ever happening. Other cards grant access to to the CIP Terminal instead.
opps...yes I meant for the platinum charge card. I though the centurion in Singapore cost around 7k. Didnt know its 9k now ....may as well take up the ultima or UOB reserve card then.

if they can open one in HK, I would think they would be able to do so in Singapore (fingers crossed!). The CIP terminal is an absolute joke....think too few people use it for them to justify doing it up nicely in terms of food and drink options.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
This is quite exciting as another lounge option. I've never been to a Centurion lounge before as most seem to be in the US. Are the best ones any good?
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:20 pm

Will be in Hong Kong April-Sept, I will definitely go check it out and report back
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Can't wait for this one to open ^^
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:54 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
New Centurion Lounges...Why HKG

Why HKG? There is already Priority Pass Choice, most Elite Flyers have access to their own Airlines Lounges and unlike USA Business Class Passengers in HKG you also get Inclusive Lounge access even if no Status.

To me ORD should be the Next Centurion Lounge somewhere between Terminal 2 and 3 to serve the Hundreds of Thousands of UA and AA Platinum Flyers like me.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Begin launching? There are already some overseas Centurion lounges, for example the one in EZE that was moved and improved fairly recently.
No, there aren't. There's an International American Express Lounge at EZE (and MEX), and those have been around for a long time. The Centurion Lounge program was started just a few years ago in the US, and it's been announced that HKG will be the first non-US location for a Centurion lounge. They are separate lounge programs, even if they are both run by Amex.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:14 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Steve M
... There's an International American Express Lounge at EZE (and MEX),...
Some of them are branded Centurion, click link for image:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post18807685
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Why HKG? There is already Priority Pass Choice, most Elite Flyers have access to their own Airlines Lounges and unlike USA Business Class Passengers in HKG you also get Inclusive Lounge access even if no Status.
Building a lounge can not only serve its cardmembers, but also further strengthen the AMEX brand. Hong Kong has a high GDP (PPP) per capita and one of the busiest airport in the world. (Another similar city is Dubai). To AMEX, the lounge itself can be a good investment.

Also - the amenities of Plaza Premium Lounge (the only PP lounges in HKG) can't satisfy its cardmembers who look for a luxurious experience.

Originally Posted by UncleDude
To me ORD should be the Next Centurion Lounge somewhere between Terminal 2 and 3 to serve the Hundreds of Thousands of UA and AA Platinum Flyers like me.
It is not a race. AMEX does not seem to place a quota on how many lounges are built per year.

A quick Google search will reveal that AMEX seems to explore the possibility of a Centurion Lounge at ORD.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by garykung
It is not a race. AMEX does not seem to place a quota on how many lounges are built per year.
Well that's a good thing, as if it were a race Amex would be losing pretty horrifically. In about 3.5 years Amex has opened 7 Cent Lounges. AA is opening something close to that many... this year.

Regards
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by mia
Some of them are branded Centurion
Yes indeed as you can see here http://thecenturionlounge.com/international/

There are actually 3 Centurion Clubs at MEX and Centurion Clubs at TLC and MTY.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:24 am

Also - the amenities of Plaza Premium Lounge (the only PP lounges in HKG) can't satisfy its cardmembers who look for a luxurious experience.
I agree with your comment about the Plaza Premium lounges in Hong Kong, but, wouldn't classify any Centurion Lounge as luxurious, even when empty.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by scubadu
Well that's a good thing, as if it were a race Amex would be losing pretty horrifically. In about 3.5 years Amex has opened 7 Cent Lounges. AA is opening something close to that many... this year.
Seriously, no one really cares how many AC opened in a year.

I don't think anyone will argue that AC, even as new, is considered a nice lounge.

Originally Posted by Jetlagged Traveler
I agree with your comment about the Plaza Premium lounges in Hong Kong, but, wouldn't classify any Centurion Lounge as luxurious, even when empty.
At least AMEX is trying...unlike other lounges...
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Seriously, no one really cares how many AC opened in a year.
Actually, yes, many do care and you flippantly stating that nobody does, actually doesn't make it true, but thanks for playing.

With respect to Cent Lounges, it doesn't matter a red cent to many of us how nice they are if the line to enter is out the door and down the stairs and there is nowhere to sit down once inside or if they aren't located where the majority of cardholders at a given airport can access them because they are in a different terminal.

Regards
Old Mar 25, 2017, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, yes, many do care and you flippantly stating that nobody does, actually doesn't make it true, but thanks for playing.
Sorry - I do see that why you care about AC from your profile.

With respect to Cent Lounges, it doesn't matter a red cent to many of us how nice they are if the line to enter is out the door and down the stairs and there is nowhere to sit down once inside or if they aren't located where the majority of cardholders at a given airport can access them because they are in a different terminal.
Don't follow...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.