Old Jan 13, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Discussion from 2013 - 2016 is HERE.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Also check Delta.com: Sometimes better offers might be available there.

The Amex referral page has a 60K offer for the Delta Personal card.

The following offers for up to 70K on personal and business:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en....html#Platinum

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/

valid through 04/11/2018

There are several 60, 000 miles offers for the personal card with the first year annual fee waived the first year, valid through May 1, 2019. They are listed in this referral thread. These are way better than the current standard public offer of 30,000 miles shown on Delta's website

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/delta-gold-credit-card/

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k+10k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/gold-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card/

personal card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, 10k MQM, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/personal-card-application/platinum-delta-skymiles-credit-card

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 70k miles, $3,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/business-card-application/flexapp/platinum-delta-skymiles-business-credit-card

If you are current Delta Platinum AMEX cardholder, you might be eligible for 10K referral offer. New cardmember bonus is 70K.
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

__________________________________________________ _____________
From 2013-2016 thread:
Delta Amex Gold personal card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $3,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...803/learn-more

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 60k miles + $50 statement credit, $4,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/d...card-learnmore

Delta Amex Platinum personal card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...dTGh6YYi20bhY=

Delta Amex Platinum business card: 50k miles, $1,000 spend, $100 statement credit, $195 annual fee not waived the first year
https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...H*eEoCo4ueJ0=?

Delta Amex Gold personal card: 40k miles + $50 statement credit, $1,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...C30TFwBwHd9o=?

Delta Amex Gold Business card: 50k miles + $50 statement credit, $2,000 spend, $95 annual fee waived the first year
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/

__________________________________________________ ____________

Gold Personal:
"Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $2,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and $1000 more w/in 6 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...elta-skymiles/

A post on Reddit suggests that you can find a 50K offer, but with a $100 credit, by doing a dummy booking on Delta.com.
The offer should appear before you have to pay for the flight. [Did [b]not work when I booked a flt today, 3/15/17.]

Gold Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...13-GAFH:0001#/
"Earn up 30,000 bonus miles after you make $1,000 in purchases on your new Card within your first 3 months and a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months."

Platinum Personal:
https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...skymiles/25330
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Platinum Business:
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...83-GAG4:0001#/
"Earn 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 stmt. credit."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Note: Review the recent discussion in the thread about various other ways to try to locate offers as high as 50k+$50 credit.

Getting the statement credit:
MrMoonlight successfully purchased a Delta ecert (essentially a gift card) and received the statement credit. See this post..
Jacobsta811 also received $50 credit for $50 e-cert on both gold business and gold personal cards.
muji received $100 credit for $50 eCert on Delta Platinum card
sdsearch received $100 credit for $50 eCert on business Platinum card (see this post).
vah4883 received $100 credit for $5.6 tax on Platinum card
philemer received $100 credit for buying a box lunch on board
END
Print Wikipost

Ongoing offers for Delta American Express cards

Old May 31, 2017, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
@ SimpleManToo

I find DL miles quite valuable, especially compared to UA miles. DL offers a lot of Saver awards & Delta Comfort+ awards on the flts I fly.
Old May 31, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
I am not a Frequent Flyer so I am not interested in the 70,000 mile American Express award after spending 4K in 3 months but the 60,000 Mile award for spending 3K in 3 months does interest me. I just do not need to MQM portion nor do I want to spend $195 a year for the 70K Delta award through Amex.

So how good is the 60,000 Mile Award relatively speaking for someone who rarely flies compared to what Delta/Amex has offered in the past? Is it worth considering to get a good chunk of miles? Also Is there an expiration date on those miles?

Since I rarely fly, it looks attractive to me as a good way to get a chunk of miles knowing I have to spend about $3K in about 3 months.
Delta miles aren't supLpose to expire but if you are worried about it and use Lyft just link the two accounts and you'll get Detla miles to keep the account active when you use Lyft.

You should be able to get a good flight or two with 60K miles if you are flexible. Worst case scenario if you can't if use it for $600 with PWM which is a benefit if you have a Delta Am Ex card. Seeing I've cut it close a couple times with MQM's to keep my status I've used PWM for the fare difference between coach and first if there was a decent first class fare seeing you get the MQM's with PWM
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question PWM

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
You should be able to get a good flight or two with 60K miles if you are flexible. Worst case scenario if you can't if use it for $600 with PWM which is a benefit if you have a Delta Am Ex card. Seeing I've cut it close a couple times with MQM's to keep my status I've used PWM for the fare difference between coach and first if there was a decent first class fare seeing you get the MQM's with PWM
Excuse me, What is PWM? I rarely fly these days and don't recognize that abbreviation so I don't know how 60K miles on Delta stacks up to other airlines as I could of take a 60K American Award or a 70K United Award. Interest is primarily Europe and Pacifica (which takes ton's of miles for those of us who don't fly)
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sdsearch
There's a 70k offer but AFAIK only on the Delta Platinum cards, not the regular Delta cards:
delta.com is showing 70K offer for Delta Platinum plus a referral bonus of 10K. Expires July 26. I'm guessing you have to be an current Delta Platinum cardmember in order to make referral.

https://www262.americanexpress.com/b...af/201193-CCSG

I have Delta Platinum so I might just have my spouse apply for this offer.

Referral Program and Offer Terms
This offer is available online only to Basic Card Members. Please allow 6-8 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for the Card. You cannot earn a Referral Bonus for those who currently have the Card you recommended or for individuals who have been referred by someone else. Due to the confidential nature of the credit approval process, you will not be notified of whether we approve or decline any application(s) from individual(s) you refer. Also, the individuals you refer may not receive the referral e-mail if they have previously "opted out" of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express. Any violation or abuse of this program may result in the forfeiture of the Referral Bonus. In order to receive the Referral Bonus, your account must be active and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. Terms & restrictions of the rewards program corresponding to your Card account apply. NOTE: The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you; you are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of the Referral Bonus.

OFFER TERMS

Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
You can receive 10,000 bonus miles (“Referral Bonus”) for each new Platinum Delta SkyMilesCredit Card application you refer resulting in an approved account, up to a maximum of 55,000 bonus miles per calendar year.
To receive the Referral Bonus:
you must submit referral(s) by 07/26/2017 , and
the referred individual(s) must apply to the specific offer online through your personalized link provided by American Express by 07/26/2017.
New cardmember terms
Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

If your application is not received by 7/26/2017, we will not process your application even if we later receive your application. American Express reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.

70,000 Bonus Miles & 10,000 MQMs
To qualify for the 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles, you must make purchases with your Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card that total $4,000 or more within your first 4 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to spend total $4,000 may be shorter than 4 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 4 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped.) Qualifying purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card account. Purchases to meet the spend requirement do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Miles will be credited to your account 6-8 weeks after you reach the spend threshold. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the 70,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles, your Card account must be active, in good standing, and not in default at the time of fulfillment. For questions regarding your Card account, please call the number on the back of your Card.

$100 Statement Credit
One statement credit for $100 will be issued to your Card account after a Delta purchase is charged to your Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card within your first 4 months of Card Membership. Purchases to meet the spend requirement include those made by both the Basic and Additional Card Members on the Card Account. Purchase must be made directly through Delta. A purchase may not qualify for the statement credit if it is submitted under a merchant code that has not been categorized as a Delta merchant code as of the date of the purchase(s). Credit will be issued as a Card Member statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Delta purchase. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the $100 statement credit, your Card account must be active, in good standing, and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

You can earn $100 Statement Credit after you make a qualifying Delta purchase on your Card within your first 4 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. In rare instances, your period to make your first Delta purchase may be shorter than 4 months if there is a delay in receiving your Card. Also, purchases may fall outside of the 4 month period in some cases, such as a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction. (For example, if you buy goods online, the purchase date may be the date the goods are shipped).

Last edited by seawolf; Jun 1, 2017 at 1:32 pm
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:34 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by seawolf
delta.com is showing 70K offer for Delta Platinum plus a referral bonus of 10K. Expires July 26. I'm guessing you have to be an current Delta Platinum cardmember in order to make referral...
Does anyone know how soon after acquiring a card does one become eligible to refer someone for that card? I just applied for a Delta card today, and my wife is ready for one too. Assuming my card comes quickly, do I have to wait for some fixed time period (a month? a year?) or some event trigger (eg first statement close, complete the minimum spend?) before I'll be able to refer her for the same card?

Thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The link I provided requires you to login. If it lets you in, it's because you have DL Platinum AMEX on your profile. If you don't you get the following
Your Card is not eligible to participate in this campaign. Please refer to the FAQs for a list of eligible products at this time.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Is the referral for the Delta Biz Plat also available till July 26? I'd like a Biz Plat referral from someone please that has an expiry date that late, thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Excuse me, What is PWM? I rarely fly these days and don't recognize that abbreviation so I don't know how 60K miles on Delta stacks up to other airlines as I could of take a 60K American Award or a 70K United Award. Interest is primarily Europe and Pacifica (which takes ton's of miles for those of us who don't fly)
Not sure how 60K delta miles would compare with 60K on American or United since I only fly Skyteam airlines. If you want to fly to Europe you can check airlines like Airfrance and KLM as well to use them on.

PWM is an abbreviation for Pay with Miles. On a lot of Delta flights if you have a Delta Am Ex card and pay for a flight you can use a mile for every penny for all or part of the fare. Not the best use of miles but sometimes I'll do it to buy up for a first class fare for the MQMs. i.e. if you bought a $400 ticket you could use 40,000 skymiles to pay for the entire ticket and still get the MQM's or you could pay $100 cash and 30,000 miles. I recently bought a ticket on a long haul where it was only $120 difference between coach and first so I used 12,000 miles and still received the MQMs which are important if you have status.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:11 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
...I rarely fly...
... for the MQMs...
I think we can simplify this discussion by assuming that SimpleManToo is only interested in redeemable miles, and the nuances of using miles to earn status credits are probably unimportant at this stage.

Delta no longer publishes award charts. The best way to judge the value of Skymiles is to go to delta.com and search for award trips to destinations that interest you.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
I think we can simplify this discussion by assuming that SimpleManToo is only interested in redeemable miles, and the nuances of using miles to earn status credits are probably unimportant at this stage.

Delta no longer publishes award charts. The best way to judge the value of Skymiles is to go to delta.com and search for award trips to destinations that interest you.

And their award info also isn't available on EF

60K is going to be very hard to use internationally even on a partner unless there is a lot of flexibility.

A friend of mine has an August trip booked JFK/LHR using skypeso's and I believe it's a direct flight for 70K miles plus taxes (I think it was around $175). OP may have to use the card a little to accumulate some more sky miles if he wants to fly to Europe.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:16 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
And their award info also isn't available on EF
ExpertFlyer has displayed some Delta information, including some award availability, for about a year:

We're happy to announce that the previously missing DL data has been restored to ExpertFlyer. The only exception is that DL Upgrade inventory, which Delta is still not allowing access to, is not available. However regular fare class inventory/availability/alerting and all other searches (Seat Maps/Alerts, Fares, etc.) are available again for DL. This is in addition to the previously released low/saver-level DL Award inventory.

Please note, for the Flight Availability search, DL flights will only be returned when DL is the only airline specified in the search.

Last edited by mia; Jun 2, 2017 at 8:42 am
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
ExpertFlyer has displayed some Delta information, including some award availability for about a year:
Thanks. I didn't know they return that. I know upgrade inventory still isn't available
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:15 am

Can you get the sign up bonus if you've had these cards before?

I thought these fell under Amex's "Once per lifetime" rule...but I don't see any of the "Bonus not available..." language in small print anywhere....
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:33 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Are the 10,000 bonus MQM from the Platinum signup bonus giftable like mileage boost MQMs or are they only for the primary cardholder?
Old Jun 4, 2017, 5:34 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Burj
Can you get the sign up bonus if you've had these cards before?

I thought these fell under Amex's "Once per lifetime" rule...but I don't see any of the "Bonus not available..." language in small print anywhere....
It's in large print right at the top of offer terms:

OFFER TERMS

Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.