Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to cancel/resell Hamilton tickets bought through Platinum concierge.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

I purchased 2 Hamilton tickets last September through the Amex concierge for a showing of Hamilton this spring that my wife and I were planning on as part of a trip out to New York. Since then, we've had several life changes that necessitate us moving homes around that same time period, so the timing for a trip is no longer ideal.

I'm trying to figure out what my options are as far as what to do with my tickets. When I purchased them they said they would be fulfilled by Spotlight and sent out 2-3 weeks before the show, although they may arrive as late as 48 hours before the show. This would make reselling difficult and I'm not sure I want to worry about the hassle. When I bought the tickets they read the "all sales are final" clause, so I don't think that cancellation is much an option either.

To those who may have purchased tickets through Amex Concierge/Spotlight, how soon before the show did you receive your tickets? Are there any other ways of unloading the tickets so they can go back to somebody who can make it to the show?

Has anybody ever had luck canceling their tickets, or selling them somewhere online?

Please no PMs requesting tickets, I just want to know what my options are, if there are any.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: NZ*Elite *G, QF*G, SPG*Platinum, Accor*Platinum, Hilton*Gold
Try claiming on the insurance from Amex?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I would call to check on when you would get the tickets. I received mine about a week after ordering. It should give you time to sell/give to friends. I wouldn't take the chance of selling to people I don't know though.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazieman
I would call to check on when you would get the tickets. I received mine about a week after ordering. It should give you time to sell/give to friends. I wouldn't take the chance of selling to people I don't know though.
I ordered mine several months ago and still haven't gotten them. Were yours through Ticketmaster or Spotlight? I've heard that Ticketmaster is much easier to deal with.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:56 pm
formerly oyalkut

Programs: Delta SM
If you can't cancel via concierge, I think you will have no problems selling the tickets, even at the very last minute. Personally, I would have loved to buy them off you.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: CO Gold, DL Gold, US Gold, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
You'll be able to sell these in a flash on www.StubHub.com - and at a substantial profit!
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
For what date?
Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
To those who may have purchased tickets through Amex Concierge/Spotlight, how soon before the show did you receive your tickets?
Several wks before show.

Has anybody ever had luck canceling their tickets, or selling them somewhere online?
Stubhub
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:51 am
Suspended

You won't be able to cancel. I bought 4 a while ago, tried to cancel 2 back (and this was less than 24 hours later). AMEX Concierge called Spotlight to see if they would let me cancel 2 tix and Spotlight said no.

Resale is prohibited though you're welcome to give it a shot. Best bet is probably to sell to a family/friend.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

I ended up listing them on Stubhub, and they sold within an hour. I think somebody got a great deal on them since they were going for $800+ in the orchestra section and I listed at $250. Hopefully they enjoy the show. Now I just hope I get them in time to ship them, since Stubhub wants them shipped one week from the date of the show.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I ended up listing them on Stubhub, and they sold within an hour. I think somebody got a great deal on them since they were going for $800+ in the orchestra section and I listed at $250. Hopefully they enjoy the show. Now I just hope I get them in time to ship them, since Stubhub wants them shipped one week from the date of the show.
$250 only

Please do report back if you do not receive the tickets in time to ship, thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:59 pm

Used this to see them in Chicago opening weekend.

As Troopers said, if you have any trouble with the StubHub sale, reach out.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: N/A
I tried listing on stubhub and was told that "I had to be approved to sell Hamilton tickets"
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:12 am

My show is Feb 4.
Tickets were received about Jan 10.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBG89
I tried listing on stubhub and was told that "I had to be approved to sell Hamilton tickets"
I received the same email after trying to list them. I just sent an email showing my confirmation from the AmEx concierge and they allowed me to list them. I assume its to keep bots from selling them or something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.