Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Hotel Kimpton Epic29 Miami

Upgrade: None - front desk agent was new and we there aren't many upgrades with two beds here.

Early check-in: N/A Arrived late afternoon. I needed to remind the agent about breakfast cards and special drink cards.

Breakfast: Full buffet for two each morning at Area31 restaurant. Can dine on inside or on deck. Full spread with good quality. Omelettes and pancakes/waffles made to order.

Amenity: US$100 food and beverage credit- good in all restaurants (excluding Zuma) and room service as well as drinks at pool. Upon checkout, $100 credit applied to entire bill.

Epic29 Club Lounge: we were aware the hotel is revamping the club. In lieu of previous snacks, all day non-alcoholic drinks and full bar in evening, hotel provides two drink coupons per day. We stayed three nights and received six coupons good for drinks up to $15 each (no change provide) good at Lilt, Area 31 bar and pool deck. Check-in was done at front desk compared to the Lounge on a previous stay. Lounge was not staffed the entire trip and just went in a couple of times to enjoy the sitting area with two sofas. No water/soda or basic snacks were in the Lounge.

5pm-6pm Kimpton Wine happy hour: a table was setup in the lobby at 5pm for one hour. Offered one basic red and two white wine options. Limited seating. One day mini-appetizers were brought out. Most people seem to grab a glass and head up to their rooms.

Late check-out: acknowledged at check-in and used to depart at 4pm.

Overall the rooms are great and we enjoy the location. However with practical elimination of the Lounge, may review other options on the next visit.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:44 pm

The New York Edition

The New York Edition

Stayed: July 14-16
Room Upgrade: Yes, from Guest Room to Loft Room
Early Checkin: Not used
Late Checkout: Offered, but not used
Daily Breakfast: Breakfast at the Clocktower Restaurant
Special Amenity: $100 USD food and beverage credit (used toward room service)
Promotion: 3rd night free

Overall, we had a very nice stay at the New York Edition. We were upgraded 4 categories from a base room to the loft room, which was a corner room on the 28th floor (this may also have been because we were Marriott Gold). Views of Madison Square Park and the city were great, and most importantly for us, the room was very, very quiet. The loft room was large for an NYC room, and the decor and finishes gave the room an airy feeling that felt like a junior suite. Bath products are from Le Labo, with a signature Edition scent (Noir 29), which we liked a lot. The prices to buy these outright at the store are eye-watering, so the use of smaller bottles in the shower/bathroom is understandable.

Breakfast is offered daily at the Clocktower restaurant, which had a solid selection of a la carte options available. One potential issue is that breakfast is officially only offered until 10 AM, which is a little too early in our opinion; 11 AM or 11:30 AM would've been even better. We did not have any problems getting seated at exactly 10 AM, and we saw others arrive 15-20 minutes after the closing time, so perhaps this is just a suggested cutoff time. Everything we ordered (lobster omelette, eggs benedict, french toast, pancakes) was tasty and prepared well, and service was friendly and efficient.

Our only reservations with the hotel are twofold: First, the room service menu pricing was incorrect for some of the beverages listed, so I would double check with the room service attendant before ordering. Second, and perhaps our biggest concern, is that the elevators can take a long time to reach your floor during peak times. As the hotel is located in a clock tower, the hotel is extremely vertical, with almost 300 rooms spread across 30+ floors. With fewer than 10 rooms per floor and 4 elevators servicing them all (including freight/staff), we had to wait 8 minutes at one point to hitch a ride down to breakfast (while running close to the 10 AM end time as well). Someone in another review said it took them 20 minutes to get an elevator ride when the hotel was fully booked and 2 of the elevators were out of service. Taking the stairs isn't really an option either when you're more than 10 stories up or carrying luggage. So, something to keep in mind, especially if the hotel appears to be packed.

Nevertheless, we still very much enjoyed our stay, especially in light of the upgrade, the excellent service, and the free night promotion. Also, the hotel location is ideal for us, so the occasional elevator wait isn't enough to deter us from coming back.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Yes, you're fine with FHR bookings as you pay the hotel at checkout (and any deposit paid to Amex prior to the stay is transferred in full) - this means they receive the full amount rather than the fraction they receive on OTA bookings like Priceline, Expedia, etc.
Originally Posted by alphabetsoup
Yes, you shouldn't have any trouble getting points and stay credit through FHR bookings. You may be able to login to your IHG account prior to the stay and check if the FHR reservation is listed. If not, I would recommend confirming with the front desk during checkin that your IHG number has been added correctly.
After reading through the thread I see that IHG stays booked via FHR do qualify for stay credits towards status. Is this true of SPG & Marriott as well?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:57 pm

Ritz Carlton Georgetown, Washington DC
Stayed: July 16 - 17
Room Upgrade: No
Late Checkout: Used through 4PM
Daily Breakfast: Ordered in. W
Special Amenity: $100 property credit

Only booked this after our flight was cancelled, and was stuck near DCA for the night, so stayed at this property knowing I can get reimbursed from travel insurance. Was a last minute reservation, so didn't make use of everything. Apparently, during time I was staying the hotel was full, so we were offered two queen rooms, but pushed hard for king and was offered one on the spa level which was nice. I left early for a flight the next morning, so didn't get to try everything out, but I did have a tar tare at the Yard during the evening and did some late night in-room dining, which was all very good. Room was nice, comfortable. I think that we would've been upgraded had the hotel not been near capacity, but no way of knowing for sure. My companion stayed after me, and enjoyed the breakfast. Would stay again here mostly because of the good location. Also, at check-in was told that the breakfast benefit was $60 and had my marriott # taken down. Haven't checked to see if points posted.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
After reading through the thread I see that IHG stays booked via FHR do qualify for stay credits towards status. Is this true of SPG & Marriott as well?
FHR bookings supposed to get full credit with hotel guest programs.

I got marriot points for a stay at Ritz Carlton Osaka
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:56 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
This is my first year with a Platinum card - when does FHR update to include 2018 reservations? I realize I have plenty of time but wanted to get a sense of rates.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Gig103
This is my first year with a Platinum card - when does FHR update to include 2018 reservations? I realize I have plenty of time but wanted to get a sense of rates.
As a rule of thumb FHR rates will generally match the hotel's lowest publicly available refundable rate. There may be other FHR-specific promotions (e.g., 3rd night free), but I don't know a good rule of thumb for estimating these in advance.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
2018 rates are available, and bookable, for multiple hotels in each of these cities I wanted to book: Taipei, Osaka, Sydney
Old Jul 23, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by weaseltown
As a rule of thumb FHR rates will generally match the hotel's lowest publicly available refundable rate. There may be other FHR-specific promotions (e.g., 3rd night free), but I don't know a good rule of thumb for estimating these in advance.
That's a pretty good rule of thumb that can help me in the interim, thanks!

Originally Posted by beep88
2018 rates are available, and bookable, for multiple hotels in each of these cities I wanted to book: Taipei, Osaka, Sydney
Ah, so I guess it's either hotel or region dependent; I'm looking at Shanghai.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells (Palm Springs, CA area)

Stayed: July 3 to July 5
Room Upgrade: No, booked 1 bedroom villa with private yard and jacuzzi
Late Checkout: Used it. Check out at 1:00p
Daily Breakfast: bill was credited $60/day
Special Amenity: $100 resort credit, used it

This was my second stay here. The property is gorgeous and my prime reason for staying is that they are a dog-friendly property. I think they have certain villas that are the "dog" ones as we got the same exact villa both times we've been there. The service is great, but there was a bit of a snafu at checkout and getting us the proper credits. We eventually had to contact the manager after we left to get the bill settled correctly.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by beep88
Checking January, 2018-Sydney- all FHR hotels-"product unavailable."
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
Checking January, 2018-Sydney- all FHR hotels-"product unavailable."
This is normal:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...contracts.html
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by mia
I know this is normal. Earlier poster said Sydney 2018 is bookable. I was pointing out that does not appear to be the case.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 11:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
... Earlier poster said Sydney 2018 is bookable. I was pointing out that does not appear to be the case.
Notice that beep88 is from Canada, and there might be some difference in the contracts or in the way rates are displayed.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I knew I had seen a thread about this, thanks mia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.