Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

UK: Supplementary card holder allowed to create new account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UK: Supplementary card holder allowed to create new account?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Cool UK: Supplementary card holder allowed to create new account?

Howdy,

First post.

Quick question which i couldn't find from a search.

Can I refer a supplementary card holder for them to create a new account with them getting a sign up bonus and me getting a referral bonus?

Or will the supplementary card holder be known to AMEX and therefore not permitted to get the bonus? without waiting 6months?

Regards,

Perry
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by ANPerry
Can I refer a supplementary card holder for them to create a new account with them getting a sign up bonus and me getting a referral bonus?
In which country is your American Express card account issued? American Express issues cards in scores of countries, with varying policies and practices.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Sorry. The UK
Old May 3, 2018, 1:29 am

Programs: BA Executive
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I cant find the answer to this question and I am in a similar situation.

I had an AMEX Gold Charge Card and referred my wife to collect the bonus points. I have since closed my account to wait 6 months and then my wife will refer me back. My wife's account is currently offering 3,000 bonus points for one complimentary supplementary card which she would add me. Does this in any anyway effect my 6 month rule because as soon as my 6 months are up she would then refer me back for the bonus points again.

We purely do this for the air miles and the lounge passes.
Old May 3, 2018, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No, doesn't affect your 6 months. Card is legally hers not yours.
Old May 3, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Executive
I was hoping it was like that, but thanks for confirming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.