Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum (UK) & Priority Pass delivery

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Amex Platinum (UK) & Priority Pass delivery

I have just applied and been accepted for Amex Platinum, I am travelling abroad in 10 days time and interested to know if I will receive my Amex and PP cards before then. I know the site say 7-10 days for Amex but I am hoping that is a worst case scenario. Is the PP automatically sent?
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:49 am

from experience it took 2 weeks to arrive (london)
they arrive separately
Basically after you get your AMEX Card you have to enroll on the website and then they send it
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by london2tim
from experience it took 2 weeks to arrive (london)
they arrive separately
Basically after you get your AMEX Card you have to enroll on the website and then they send it
Thanks, that's a pity was hoping to use it for lounge access on my trip. Oh well.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by jphjph
Thanks, that's a pity was hoping to use it for lounge access on my trip. Oh well.
You may be able to obtain the Priority Pass account number and PIN to use the mobile app at locations which accept it.

DIGITAL MEMBERSHIP CARD
Download the brand new app which includes your Digital Membership Card. Please note that if you receive your Priority Pass Membership from a financial institution you may not be able to access a Digital Membership Card. Your Priority Pass Card will of course provide access to all 900+ Lounges in the program.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/members-benefits
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
Mine arrived last month in a pack alongside my Plat cards, within 48 hours of Amex confirming my account was approved. V impressed with the service.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
AFAIK PP is still automatic and you don't need to lift a finger.

All the hotel status cards require registration though.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
AFAIK PP is still automatic and you don't need to lift a finger.

All the hotel status cards require registration though.
Thanks Raffles, PS some referral points on their way to you!
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:36 am
Original Poster

To complete the thread and to aid future searches I received my Amex in 3 days and my Priority Pass in 4 days. I didn't need to request my PP, I was automatically enrolled.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
UK Business Platinum - Priority Pass

Hi all,

Has anyone got this card recently and found a way of registering for Priority Pass online?

The welcome pack came with forms to fill in and post back but im travelling next week so would like to try and speed it up as much as i can if possible

Thanks,
Anthony
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC, VS, Marriott, HH, Hertz PC
As Raffles and others have previously said, the arrival of the PP should be automatic and you shouldn't need to fill out any forms etc although those comments were all regarding the personal card. Not sure if it works differently with the Business version.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I think when mine came there was a letter with the PP that gave the account number and pin to use. They you could register online and just get the virtual card on your phone
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Wyndham Gold
Yeah I saw the posts that it was automatic on the personal card, I assume the business one isnt as there are specific forms in the welcome pack to send back, but since I was trying to get it for next week was looking for a quicker option (if one exists).

Has anyone on here got a business card and can share their experiences?

Thanks,
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Priority Pass with Plat Amex

Hi all,

This is for UK members, as I know things work differently with US Amex and PP...

I've just received my Platinum Amex and will be travelling in the next couple of days for a week or so. I contacted Amex CS as I wanted to enrol for PP before I went. After a bit of back and forth and due to the lack of time, the CS agent said that if I go to the lounge and pay for access with my Plat Amex, they will waive the charges, as they can't get the pass processed in time.

I wondered if anyone had experienced this before, and what the PP lounge might say to this?

Thanks,

Woobl
Old Feb 21, 2017, 6:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by woobl
...what the PP lounge might say to this?
The lounge attendant knows nothing about your Priority Pass membership. The attendant will sell you a day pass to the lounge (assuming it is one that sells such), the charge will appear on your American Express bill, and you will need to ask American Express to issue a credit to offset it citing that discussion.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Yes.
Mia- does this also work for the restaurants?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.