Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Old Jul 14, 2017, 9:45 am

Jet.Com

Originally Posted by onthego15
$10 off $50 at Walmart.com on all 3 of my personal cards this morning - expires 7/31
$25 off $125 at Jet.com on all 3 of my personal cards this morning - expires 7/31
Jet offers dozens of gift cards, so I will easily spend $375 that way.

Hello my friend.

A heads up. I just checked Jet.com. WalMart GC's are no longer available.

Most of the other GC's I looked at have a notice that they are not eligible for promotions.

Does this include the Amex Offer despite the T&C's of said offer not prohibiting the purchase of GCs.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by tondoleo
Hello my friend.

A heads up. I just checked Jet.com. WalMart GC's are no longer available.

Most of the other GC's I looked at have a notice that they are not eligible for promotions.

Does this include the Amex Offer despite the T&C's of said offer not prohibiting the purchase of GCs.
Hi tondoleo,
I went ahead and placed two orders for gift cards in spite of that notice. I don't think that notice applies to this AMEX offer. But I did not get the "you're used your offer" email from AMEX, so I will just have to wait a few days until the order is processed and my AMEX is charged before I know for sure.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:38 am

Hi tondoleo,
I went ahead and placed two orders for gift cards in spite of that notice. I don't think that notice applies to this AMEX offer. But I did not get the "you're used your offer" email from AMEX, so I will just have to wait a few days until the order is processed and my AMEX is charged before I know for sure.
I will wait until you or others report that the Amex Offer works for GCs on JET.COM before Entering the fray.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 11:50 am

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
I will wait until you or others report that the Amex Offer works for GCs on JET.COM before Entering the fray.
I just read a post on slickdeals in which the poster conversed with an AMEX csr via chat and the csr confirmed that gift card purchases are eligible for this offer.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=103
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:04 pm

I just read a post on slickdeals in which the poster conversed with an AMEX csr via chat and the csr confirmed that gift card purchases are eligible for this offer.

https://slickdeals.net/forums/showpo...&postcount=103
AmEx chat agents are often inaccurate. I also had a hard time getting them to honor their own promises. If your CB doesn't post automatically, I'd rather follow up with a phone agent.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

whole foods exclusions for example says something like corporate gift cards (?)
Old Jul 14, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've got a Whole Foods 365 opening near me Aug 9 (per the banners hanging around the newly-built property). I wonder if that will count for the Whole Food +1 MR Amex offer, since the words "Whole Foods" are part of the "Whole Foods 365" name?

(For those not familiar with it, Whole Foods 365 is a new store brand that focuses on lower cost, sort of like a competitor to Trader Joes from Whole Foods maybe. I've never been in one yet.)

I activated the Whole Foods offer on my Everyday card, which I tend to use for all grocery stores anyway, so I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Please advise if you have sync code for gas station and Walmart purchases. I would like to add this to my card.

I have been reviewing the Jet offer. Has there been confirmation that giftcards can be used for the latest Jet Offer? Some appear to say yes and others no.

Thank you in advance for the feedback.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Jet is referring to this Jet promo which the confused posters did not include,

15% off your first 3 orders
Use SAVE15 at checkout
on your first order to qualify.
New customers only. Min. order $35. Max. discount $20. Expires 9/1/2017. Details
Old Jul 15, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sandratravels
Has there been confirmation that giftcards can be used for the latest Jet Offer? Some appear to say yes and others no.
For anything where Amex says no gift cards (or words about "cash-equivalent" that mean that) in the T&Cs, Amex can be inconsistent:
So all of those reports that say yes and that say no could be correct. The correct answer may be YMMV! And of course you thus can't know if it will or won't work for you, so proceed in a fashion consistent with how risk averse you are (or aren't).
Old Jul 15, 2017, 10:37 pm

Anyone know if Jet.com ($25 off $125) is pre or post tax to reach the $125? Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by pstrider85
is pre or post tax to reach the $125?
Depends what you buy, the checkout cart will tell you.

BTW, this trick works everywhere.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
Depends what you buy, the checkout cart will tell you.

BTW, this trick works everywhere.
Not sure what you mean.

I'm simply asking if $125 has to be before or after tax.

ie.

Would this qualify:

Teddy bear doll $124 + tax = $125+

or does the item has to be $125 before tax is added after all discounts has been applied?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by pstrider85
Not sure what you mean.

I'm simply asking if $125 has to be before or after tax.

ie.

Would this qualify:

Teddy bear doll $124 + tax = $125+

or does the item has to be $125 before tax is added after all discounts has been applied?
Amex offers are always post-tax. All they care about is how much the charge is on your card.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:22 am

Has anyone tested the offer for Giftcards.nike.com?
I'm curious if these would be charged to AmEx any differently than the e-gift cards from Nike.com. The latter appeared in Sync Offers previously (last year) and iirc triggered some portals' CB.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.