Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
If you use Sun Basket organic meal kits (as I do), both of my Amex Blue Cash Everyday cards just got a spend-$70-get-$30 sync offer. A very good deal. Expires 7/22/17.
I might try this, did you/have you used Blue Apron (a recent offer)? How would you compare if so?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by mhdena
I have Sun Basket $70/3000 MR points 7/22/17
PRG, Platinum, ED and AUers
Got the SUn Basket offer too for Plat personal, but it looks like we need to use the provided website to get the 3K MR. I wonder if that means we can't use any other new member promo codes.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
other new member promo codes.
I made an order have not checked out, there's free shipping with the first order, what other promo code is there? There's a box for a code.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 8:53 am

I might try this, did you/have you used Blue Apron (a recent offer)? How would you compare if so?
I have done both Blue Apron and Sun Basket, and found them to be very comparable.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
...points in case it's only card that does it.
Originally Posted by mia

I see the $20 version on Business Platinum, Blue for Business, Everyday.

Ms mia sees the 2,000 point version on personal Platinum, Business Platinum.
I have 2,000 point offer on
PRG, ED, Blue Business, Ameriprise Platinum, Business Platinum and Ameriprise Gold.
And on all of the AUers for each card.
The point of my quip about marriage is that whether you see the dollar version or the point version seems to depend on the primary cardholder's profile, not the card(s).
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
The point of my quip about marriage is that whether you see the dollar version or the point version seems to depend on the primary cardholder's profile, not the card(s).
I think you're right, as the more offers with MR points I use the more I seem to get.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:15 pm

not a sync offer but targeted offer to add AU on some accounts

there was a targeted offer back in April to add an AU on BCE, spend $250 in 3 months on AU card and get $25 statement credit. The msr was met same month that posted in May statement. was told credit will take 6 to 8 weeks and it's now overdue, ticket was open...I hope the credit posts on or before June statement since it's more than 8 weeks now when msr was fulfilled.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 5:19 pm

Last week I took advantage of an Amex offer right before midnight EST. shipment didn't take place for a few days later and the charge only posted on Thursday. Am I SOL? I haven't seen the credit post. I should say that I got the congrats on using your offer email as soon as he initial charge was authorized.

I haven't opened my purchase yet. I'll send it back if the offer never posts.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Also seems to depend on which cards you tend to use the same merchant's offer in the past.

We used the $10/$25 Carrabba's offers a lot when it was offered several times last year and in 2015. It was across the board on all cards except SPG. We used them all.

Now this offer instead of $10/$25, it is 1000 MR on the MR earning cards. HHonors used to see that but were passed out the last 2 times when the 1000 MR pts were offered.

i much prefer $10 than 1000 MR.

My guess is AMEX rather pay you the MR which it most likely will sit in the account for a long time before it is redeemed, versus the actual $ you immediately can use (to offset payment). A subtle form of devaluation in my eyes.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mamibear
there was a targeted offer back in April to add an AU on BCE, spend $250 in 3 months on AU card and get $25 statement credit. The msr was met same month that posted in May statement. was told credit will take 6 to 8 weeks and it's now overdue, ticket was open...I hope the credit posts on or before June statement since it's more than 8 weeks now when msr was fulfilled.
It will eventually post and then you will receive a letter from AMEX about some technical error not able to award the bonus earned in due time.

This is what happened on the offer I took last Dec adding an AU to a PRG and spent $500 on ANY AU card to earn 5K MR. It did not post even after 8 weeks on spend met in Dec. I did not want to keep the PRG open for another year;s AF so decided to just X the card on 10th week.
In mid April 5K showed up.
Today. I got a letter from AMEX informing me they have issued MR because they were not able to when it was earned due to technical error. The letter dated exactly 2 months after the posting date, just for a laugh.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Also seems to depend on which cards you tend to use the same merchant's offer in the past.

We used the $10/$25 Carrabba's offers a lot when it was offered several times last year and in 2015. It was across the board on all cards except SPG. We used them all.

Now this offer instead of $10/$25, it is 1000 MR on the MR earning cards. HHonors used to see that but were passed out the last 2 times when the 1000 MR pts were offered.

i much prefer $10 than 1000 MR.

My guess is AMEX rather pay you the MR which it most likely will sit in the account for a long time before it is redeemed, versus the actual $ you immediately can use (to offset payment). A subtle form of devaluation in my eyes.
Plus, Amex profits from the MRs also. My understanding is that offers are paid The merchants. By having MRs as offers the merchants effectively have to buy the MRs from Amex similar to how card issuers or portal operators buy miles
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Except has there ever been a (specfically) Best Western offer in the past? That's the offer which some people got a $20 off version while others got a 2000 MR points version.

I've not seen any hotel offers for MR points in my account lately, but until now I've not seen anyone else posting about seeing them either. So for other hotel programs, yes, I used some $$-off versions because that was all there were before AFAIK.

I did an use extra (flat) MR points offer for Whole Foods about half a year ago, and I recently I got a 1 extra MR point per $ (ongoing) for Whole Foods in several MR cards (I activated it for Everyday since that's what I use for groceries).
Old Jun 26, 2017, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except has there ever been a (specfically) Best Western offer in the past? That's the offer which some people got a $20 off version while others got a 2000 MR points version.

I've not seen any hotel offers for MR points in my account lately, but until now I've not seen anyone else posting about seeing them either. So for other hotel programs, yes, I used some $$-off versions because that was all there were before AFAIK.

I did an use extra (flat) MR points offer for Whole Foods about half a year ago, and I recently I got a 1 extra MR point per $ (ongoing) for Whole Foods in several MR cards (I activated it for Everyday since that's what I use for groceries).
That just proves my other point - that by using bonus MR on offers versus statement credit of real $, AMEX has subtly devalued the offers. I know many here give an artificial value to the MR for the transferrability and redemption value at the partner airlines. In reality though, it is hardly worth more than 0.15 or thereabout based on own experiences and some analysis. Plus until you actually use the MR pts, they just sit there almost like a sunken cost. I much prefer the instant saving of a $ statement credit that immediately reduces my out of pocket cost.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:34 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Except has there ever been a (specfically) Best Western offer in the past? ....
Yes, in September 2016.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 10:32 am

Caesars Las Vegas $200/$40 12/31/17

Get a 1X $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $200 or more on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Caesars Entertainment in Las Vegas from 6/27/17 to 12/31/17.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.