Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Everyday Preferred app without a hard pull (declined)

Old Oct 9, 2015, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+

I applied for the EDP card and initially got a "pending" result. A couple days later I called the recon line and was told the application has been declined. The interesting thing however is that the analyst stressed to me (on her own accord) that they did not make any pull (neither hard nor soft) from the credit bureaus but instead used the data from a previous pull they made last month.
I haven't applied to any amex card last month, so this pull is definitely a soft one and most likely was triggered by my checking for pre-qualified offers.

Till now I didn't think it was possible to apply without getting a HP...
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:10 pm

Do you currently hold any cards from them? It is known that if you're a current card holder that they will use their last soft pull (account review) and will stop there if they find something unsatisfactory. I've never heard of a soft pull from a prequalify check providing the same benefit, very interesting.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Yes, I have 2 other cards with them, both opened months/years ago.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 3:03 am

Then this is normal behavior. For current card members it is a SP for denial, HP for approval. There are some rare cases when they will HP you and still deny you.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 9:56 pm

Premier Gold

Hi there ,I recently applied for the PR gold and was declined when I called in I was told it was based on a soft pull from the month before. Apparently it's standard for existing customers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.