Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: vah4883
Amex EveryDay 15000 MR points after $1000 in 3 months

There is also an offer for the Everyday Preferred ($95 annual fee) discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

Amex Everyday (free) 15-25,000 Point Signup Bonus.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 4:41 pm

Already have 4 AMEX cards-- want to apply for Everyday card

I know we are capped at 4 AMEX credit cards. I already have 4 credit cards and 1 charge card. I want to cancel my Blue Cash Pref and get the Everyday card so I can cancel my Platinum and not lose my MR. Is the best way to do this to cancel the BCP first and then apply for Everyday, OR apply for Everyday, get rejected, then call reconsideration line and ask to cancel BCP then?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 5:52 pm

Why don't you just apply for the Everyday over the phone and have the CSR do the necessary WRT the BCP? Tell them you got the 25K offer online but wanted to apply by phone to close an account at the same time.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 6:27 pm

Will the CSR handling the Everyday be able to close my BCP card and refund the AF?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 7:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
I would not apply by telephone. The offer terms are for an online application:

This offer is available to you by clicking through this web page. If you leave or close this web page and return later, this offer may no longer be available
I would simply apply and deal with the 4 card limit if required. There is no way to know how long this offer will be available, and there is no assurance that a cancellation will be processed instantly.

There is no need to even mention a fee refund when closing any USA-issued American Express card. In my experience, prorated refunds of the unearned portion of the annual fee are automatic.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:11 pm

Will Amex match the offer?

Hi, I applied for the card yesterday after seeing the 15000 point bonus, which is the highest I had ever seen it. Will they match it?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jlparkerart
Hi, I applied for the card yesterday after seeing the 15000 point bonus, which is the highest I had ever seen it. Will they match it?
No
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Nice. Applied and approved.

$28k credit line too... AMEX loves me
Old Sep 12, 2015, 1:50 pm

I am not sure if i can apply for this card or not, this is my situation, i have the following cards open

- Costco TrueEarnings Business Card
- Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Blue from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business

i closed Business Gold Rewards Card on 9/5/2015

what do you guys think? Appreciate the help since i am not really that knowledgeable in Amex rules.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:52 pm

I had the Amex Blue for a long time, but never really used it (Amex BCP and SPG get most of my Amex spend). Amex recently changed the Amex Blue it to an Amex Everyday (they initiated the change, not me). Can i close this card and then apply for the Amex Everyday to get the signup bonus? or should i just try for the Blue Cash Everyday $250 offer instead?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:52 pm
mia

Originally Posted by ninim2200
... i have the following cards open
You have room for one more credit card.

You have three credit cards...

- Costco TrueEarnings Business Card
- Blue from American Express*
- Gold Delta SkyMiles Business

...and one charge card.

- Premier Rewards Gold Card

*Suggest you cancel this after opening Everyday to leave space for another credit card later.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 2:54 pm
mia

Originally Posted by swanbird
... Amex recently changed the Amex Blue it to an Amex Everyday (they initiated the change, not me). Can i close this card and then apply for the Amex Everyday to get the signup bonus?
You are not eligible for a new account bonus on Everyday because you "have or have had" the same product.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
No matter what I do or what computer I use, PC or Mac, different browsers, in private modes, and a million refreshes, I can never get above the 15,000 point offer.....

JudyJFLA
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
No matter what I do or what computer I use, PC or Mac, different browsers, in private modes, and a million refreshes, I can never get above the 15,000 point offer.....

JudyJFLA
Go to public library and pull up the link. Or do it from a work computer.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 7:59 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by JudyJFLA

JudyJFLA
Are you trying for the Everyday Preferred, which has a 15,000 point offer or the Everyday, which normally has a 10,000 point offer, but is now offering 25,000 points? I haven't seen a 15,000 point offer for the Everyday.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
The everyday for the 25K offer. I might have to try it on the road. Would logging in to another wifi network help or is it the computer that matters? I am getting the 15K offer on IE on the pc laptop, and the 10K offer on Chrome and Safari on the Macbook
I am in podunk Montana until the end of the month!

JudyJFLA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.