Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Smile 100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
However, today I just kept visiting the Amex platinum card site in incognito mode, and about the 4th time I visited it, the 100k offer populated!
Personal or business platinum?

Edit: never mind, I was able to get 100,000 offer for $3,000 spend for personal platinum in IE inPrivate mode. The link I used was: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...cards/platinum
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by TravelingFitzMe
As a data point...

I wanted to do the same thing (apply using somebody else's offer code) but I wasn't able to because I was unable to edit the name field.

However, today I just kept visiting the Amex platinum card site in incognito mode, and about the 4th time I visited it, the 100k offer populated!

I've confirmed with multiple reps that I will in fact receive the 100k offer. Of course, I guess nothing is concrete until I have it in my hand...
Yes! I found out about this on reddit. 100K for $3K spend for the Personal Platinum. Don't know how long this will last, but I took the leap and got approved despite this card not being in my immediate plans. very pleased!

No private browsing required.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ards/platinum/

100K MR points for $3K spend.

Last edited by mia; Aug 26, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by joscofra
Yes! I found out about this on reddit. 100K for $3K spend for the Personal Platinum. Don't know how long this will last, but I took the leap and got approved despite this card not being in my immediate plans. very pleased!
Same here! I finished a small AoR earlier this month and hadn't planned on applying for anything else for a bit, but this was too tempting to pass up
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by joscofra
No private browsing required.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...ards/platinum/

100K MR points for $3K spend.
Nope. It's just like the 50k $1k PRG card offer. Except this seems more difficult to pull up.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Not sure its public, you need to clear all your cookies and use incognito mode on your browser. Was told it take someone 30 times (keep closing and opening the browser) before they got the 100k offer.

It may be a glitch in AE system. Go over to reddit, there is a platinum orgy going on there!!

Last edited by mia; Aug 26, 2015 at 5:47 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:01 pm

Reddit is how I got started on this. But now everytime I go the AmEx site and look at the platinum I'm seeing the offer. No private browsing. Anyway, if it's not public it seems much easier to get and it's a very high offer.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:04 pm

You are right and its probably the highest offer it will ever get
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:05 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/co...ble_using_prg/

The Subreddit is called "Churning." It's dedicated to finding great deals like this.

I've tried Chrome's Incognito, didn't work, took me 3 tries on Firefox private mode to get it.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:40 pm

Programs: SoftServe, PP, Visa Buxx, So many cards
I got it but it took work. Had to use my air card. Changing my IP worked.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:43 pm

I got it. Pulled the trigger. They said they cannot provide an answer on my application because it was sent to an "executive back-end team for review". Annoying.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
I got it. Pulled the trigger. They said they cannot provide an answer on my application because it was sent to an "executive back-end team for review". Annoying.
Wow . . . now this is something new
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:06 pm

I used Firefox private browser and it worked for me.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:07 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
All I'm seeing is this,
"
"KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER

Apply for an Upgrade without changing your account number."

No mention of points or minimum spend.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:34 pm

Applied and approved.

4 Amex cards in 30 days
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Applied and approved.

4 Amex cards in 30 days

I just applied for the 100k and was also approved. I took screen shots. When I did the Am Ex online chat about 20 minutes after approval, the rep could not confirm the offer - he said it could take 72 hours to load into the account. Is that normal? Should I try calling over the phone?

The wife also wants to apply, but I would like to confirm that the offer at least worked for me first. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.