Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

100K USA Personal Platinum offer appears to be public [Expired]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:03 pm

Amex Plat getting bonus offer?

If I currently have business version of the platinum card, would I be eligible to get the bonus offer for the personal version if I choose not to close the business platinum card?

I have never had any personal platinum card in the past and just got approved for the personal platinum card. I am wondering if I should close the business version because I think the disclosure stating that I cannot have a platinum card enrolled in MR program?

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by greatname
If I currently have business version of the platinum card, would I be eligible to get the bonus offer for the personal version if I choose not to close the business platinum card?
Please read posts 85 - 98.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by zer0k1
I got it. Pulled the trigger. They said they cannot provide an answer on my application because it was sent to an "executive back-end team for review". Annoying.
I applied for an SPG card earlier and they said the same thing when I called. This is new to me.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:37 pm

Just completed my minimum spend. Let's see how this goes.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Please read posts 85 - 98.
Thank you so much for the info. It seems that the language is old and that they are considered different products. That's good. I was thinking that maybe I should close my business platinum as soon as possible....

Mia, do you have any personal data points to share to support your point of view? Anyone can share data points on getting promo offers on different platinum account (personal, mercedes, business..)?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:00 pm

I applied online through the link on the first day - got the 100K offer on the 2nd refresh - never had a platinum card before (only was an AU on a friends account). I received the card today, and when I asked to confirm the bonus while activating the card the rep said she couldn't find the offer linked to the card. She opened a ticket and said someone would get back to me in 3 days. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 9:17 pm

if my airline of choice is Delta for my biz platinum can you choose a different airline for personal platinum?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
if my airline of choice is Delta for my biz platinum can you choose a different airline for personal platinum?
Yes.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Thanks to all the contributors to this thread for my successful application!
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: DL, US
I applied and was approved on Thursday and just received the card vis UPS today. No mention in the package regarding bonus miles. We'll see what happens after I make the minimum, but I'm not too worried.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by deals2010
I applied online through the link on the first day - got the 100K offer on the 2nd refresh - never had a platinum card before (only was an AU on a friends account). I received the card today, and when I asked to confirm the bonus while activating the card the rep said she couldn't find the offer linked to the card. She opened a ticket and said someone would get back to me in 3 days. Has anyone else had this happen?
Let us know the answer when they contact you.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by swirlsaepi
I just gave the BUIU:0001 code over the phone and my CSR said it was an acceptable code for the 100k promo.
Was it a fairly chill app process on the phone? I hate the Chase grilling.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Was it a fairly chill app process on the phone? I hate the Chase grilling.
AmEx typically doesn't grill with a ton of questions until they decide to FR someone. The phone process does take 30-45 minutes since they repeat everything back to you and have to go over a bunch of disclosures.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Seems to still be available. Called and got approved via phone.
3 PM CST

Phone number: 800-243-3888
POID BUIU:0001

FWIW: I am an AU on another plat. Was told specifically that I was still eligible. Also, the language he used was along the lines of this: only ineligible for bonus points if you have had a plat card registered with MR (specifically a plat card MR registered, not just any card).

These calls are recorded, right? At least that's what mine said. I'm mentioning this b/c maybe it could help if you were promised points but don't get them? Would clearly be nightmarish, but an option maybe?

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Aug 29, 2015 at 2:37 pm
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:23 pm

just called 800-243-888 and got instant approved. The first agent said he couldn't proceed with POID. Second agent confirmed POID number (didn't ask for offer code) and walk me through the application. 20 minutes to get it done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.