Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Old Jul 20, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

According to View from the Wing, the City of Houston has approved a lease to American Express for a lounge.

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....ll-be-houston/

Expected to open in early 2016.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 3:21 pm
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Good catch - very glad to see AX brining something to IAH and securing their place in the rebuild of D / C North.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:22 am

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Amex Centurion Lounge in IAH [first half 2016]

So Texas is the first state with two Centurion Lounges. ^
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The KLM lounge is pretty good already IMO and opens pretty early, but good to have more choices!
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. That is all.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
The KLM lounge is pretty good already IMO and opens pretty early, but good to have more choices!
I have been denied entry to KLM lounge multiple times when trying to use my Priority Pass due to overcrowding or potential overcrowding, so this is great news.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 2:48 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTT; IHG DiamondAmb; WoH Globalist; UA1K2MM; NationalEE; AvisPC; HertzPC
Official announcement: http://about.americanexpress.com/new...inkId=15731058
Old Jul 21, 2015, 5:13 pm

The press release says showers...which would be huge
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, WN CP, National EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hilton Diamond, Sheraton Gold
Still waiting patiently for ORD..
Old Jul 22, 2015, 10:01 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
No exhale spa at this location
Old Jul 23, 2015, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA: MM
Well, well, well...

I still have an actual United Club membership which expires in September. I am going to renew and this almost changed my mind. But thinking about it, I rarely use the club at IAH and I do use them at other airports. I guess I'll have to look across the club spectrum (with PP etc.) and decide.

FWIW
DLM
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
For those not too familiar with IAH, can someone please explain to what airlines this lounge will be convenient/not convenient to (including same airside area) and if there are any airlines for which the lounge, for most practical purposes, will be out of reach.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
The lounge will be most convenient for the international carrier departures at Terminal D (AF, AM, BA, BR, CA, EK, KE, KL, LH, NH, QR, SK, SQ, TA, TK, VB, 4O, and Y4), followed by international arrivals connecting onwards (all customs and immigrations exits just south of D for flight connections), followed by UA Terminal C-North flights, followed by UA Terminal E flights, followed by UA Terminal C-South flights, followed by UA regional Terminal B flights, followed by Terminal A flights (a limited number of additional UA regionals, AA, AC, DL, F9, and NK).

I'd say Terminal D, international arrivals, Terminal C-North, and Terminal E gates from E10 through E14 would be convenient, the others somewhat less so. But being airside and accessible by the above-ground train, it shouldn't be more than 15 minutes from any gate at IAH. Unlike many other airports, once you're airside, you can move freely from terminal to terminal at IAH without having to clear security again. From D, E, and C, you'd walk; from B and A, you'd take the above-ground train and walk. No terminal will be out of reach, but if you were connecting from a B gate to a B gate on UA Express, to give an extreme example, you'd chew up 15 minutes on each end of your lounge visit to enjoy it during your layover.

Last edited by SAT Lawyer; Jul 23, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:30 am

Programs: UA1K
any idea the estimate opening date?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:13 am

Anyone seen any lounge construction in D?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.