Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:14 pm
Suspended

Right, but if that's the space, wasn't it essentially only "airside" for passengers getting off planes? It seems like the terminal itself would have to be reconfigured a little for that space to become accessible to all airside passengers in D.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jsk1973
Right, but if that's the space, wasn't it essentially only "airside" for passengers getting off planes?
Huh? You've lost me here. Even assuming that, according to a blog post, Amex is spending $7 million on this project. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Since it's not on the concourse level, it will require stairs and likely an elevator anyway, rendering it accessible even if it wasn't before.

Every US Centurion Lounge with the exception of LGA is airside, and the only reason it's landside there is because there is virtually no airside space at LGA central terminal for any lounge. It seems reasonable to expect that this one is airside too.

Also, in a blog post from when it was announced, OMAAT said that according to the lease it is "post-security" space. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...turion-lounge/

At IAH, where every terminal is connected airside by a train, it would make less than no sense to put this lounge landside. So overall I am very confident in saying this lounge will be airside.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 8:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Huh? You've lost me here. Even assuming that, according to a blog post, Amex is spending $7 million on this project. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Since it's not on the concourse level, it will require stairs and likely an elevator anyway, rendering it accessible even if it wasn't before.
That's what I mean. If the old CBP space is where it's going, they'll need to reconfigure the access. The CBP space was where arriving passengers were funneled after arriving on flights, who then went landside. This would be a much bigger project than just converting some old BA lounge into a Centurion. Old exits to landside would need to be walled off, while new airside access from the main concourse would have to be added.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 5:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Centurion Studio Seattle staff told me last week they expected a opening in June/July 2016.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Centurion Studio Seattle staff told me last week they expected a opening in June/July 2016.
at this point I am hoping it will be open when I fly through IAH for x-mas
Old May 3, 2016, 6:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Some managers from the IAH Lounge were at the DFW Lounge last week for a meeting with CL executive(s) and training.
Old May 3, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I wonder when the lounge in Houston will open
Old May 4, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA1K
DFW staff on saturday told me june. so pretty much as has been posted the last six or so months.
Old May 25, 2016, 11:19 am

This is the area I was talking about....terminal D next to the Executive Club lounge near gate D4. Took these yesterday...the paperwork says it is for the AMEX lounge. Can't see anything though the cracks now though just more walls behind these walls blocking the view.
Attached Images    
Old May 25, 2016, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Thanks grouchysaurus!
Old May 25, 2016, 4:06 pm

Thanks for the pic update. June is coming up so hopefully it will be open and available soon. Just got the Amex Plat Mercedes and itching to use it!
Old May 26, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Can I use this post as a shameless plug for the people who thought this would be a landside lounge, even though I said that would be a ridiculous idea? This proves my exact idea that they'd build an airside entrance to an area that was previously inaccessible. I look forward to it opening by Christmas 2016.
Old May 31, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: Former 1k, Lifetime UA Gold, Starwood Gold; Avis Preferred; Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Well it's June! Any updates? Pretty soon will need to update the title of the thread to [second half 2016]!
Old May 31, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by DCEsquire
Well it's June! Any updates? Pretty soon will need to update the title of the thread to [second half 2016]!
Maybe in Australia, not in Texas yet.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA1K
if you look at the one image it says end date june 30 2015, which i assume they mean june 30 2016. i would think end of june/beg of july is accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.