Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2016, 6:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by houstr8male
I walked the length of D last week, 3/10. The only visible construction was close to the AF lounge near D9
The Centurion Lounge will be located on the former Customs and Immigration level, which I believe is one floor down from the concourse. I suspect that is where most of the lounge construction is occurring.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 11:43 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by dayone
The Centurion Lounge will be located on the former Customs and Immigration level, which I believe is one floor down from the concourse. I suspect that is where most of the lounge construction is occurring.
Wow, didn't realize this. Is the lounge then going to be land-side and not air-side?

CLG
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CLG
Wow, didn't realize this. Is the lounge then going to be land-side and not air-side?

CLG
My guess would be there will be a stairway or elevator to the main concourse level. All the terminals at IAH connected airside, so I can't imagine it wouldn't an airside lounge. I think the old customs area/new lounge will be on the level in between the ground floor/check in and the gate level, but not 100% sure because I never used it. They shuttered it probably 10 years ago.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Spotted this tonight (new since I was here last week) walking from the airtrain to the KLM lounge:

According the the front desk guy at the LGA lounge last weekend, the IAH lounge will open "soon". Whatever that means.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the update. It should be a great addition.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:14 pm

That's exciting. Maybe I'll get to check it out for my flight later this month to Houston.
Old Apr 8, 2016, 5:16 pm
Suspended

The last estimate, as I recall, was May/June.
Old Apr 9, 2016, 10:51 pm

I just had a schedule change from UA, for a roundtrip flight in August with IAH layovers, and both layover times increased to 4+ hours

If the Centurion Lounge opens by then, then it will soften the blow somewhat.
Old Apr 11, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Woo hooo! Flying SQ to IAH in December - this is a nice addition over the UC's.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by radiowell
I just had a schedule change from UA, for a roundtrip flight in August with IAH layovers, and both layover times increased to 4+ hours

If the Centurion Lounge opens by then, then it will soften the blow somewhat.
everytime i have been at a lounge they tell me may/june. i'll be going SEA next weekend and DFW the following and will ask again for another update.
Old Apr 12, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I have trip in mid June.. Hope they open it by then..
Old Apr 23, 2016, 10:10 pm

Anybody being at IAH lately?

Hopefully they announce the opening with some notice instead of like they did with MIA.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:50 pm

I was just there last week...peeked through some cracks and its still pretty much bare walls in there, so I'm thinking at least a few more weeks.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Is it definitely landside or was that bad info.?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by grouchysaurus
I was just there last week...peeked through some cracks and its still pretty much bare walls in there, so I'm thinking at least a few more weeks.
There is construction in the concourse of Terminal D (near the KLM lounge) that isn't the Centurion lounge, if that's what you saw.

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Is it definitely landside or was that bad info.?
That was just a misguided thought by a poster that I'm guessing doesn't know the setup of IAH very well as it was implied from the comment that the lounge will be in the former CBP area.

If you think about Terminal D, there isn't really any landside area besides check in desks anyway, and dayone posted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.