Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kirkwoodj
Consolidated Q&A regarding the IAH Centurion Lounge

Q: Where is this thing?
A: Down the creepy looking elevator, located behind/in the duty free shop in Terminal D. If arriving via the Skyway, take a right at the bottom of the escalator, then bear left towards the D1-8 gates. Make a sharp left at the duty free shop and take the elevator to the mezzanine level.

Q: I'm arriving/departing at Terminal ___, how easy is to get there?
A: Super easy. Every terminal at IAH is connected airside by the Skyway train, which runs every couple minutes. Terminals C/D/E are all connected airside without the need for the skyway. To get from Terminals C-E to B or A you need to take the Skyway. Once you arrive at Terminal D via Skyway, follow the instructions above.

Q: What are the lounge hours?
A: 6am-9pm

Q: When is the bar open? (Damn the TABC )
A: A limited selection of cocktail, wine and beer available from 7:00 am (10:00am on Sundays) to 10:30am. Full cocktail menu available 10:30am - 8:30pm.

Print Wikipost

Amex Centurion Lounge IAH [opened 24 June 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by wesheltonj
Anyone seen any lounge construction in D?
Didn't see any a couple weeks ago.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:15 am

Programs: UA1K
chatted with the bartender at the SFO location and he indicated they are eyeing a may opening...i would be OK with that.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:29 pm

When I checked in to the DFW lounge today, the front desk noticed that I was going to Houston and said they were targeting the end of the month for the new lounge and had already started hiring staff.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
Originally Posted by Dhony2012
When I checked in to the DFW lounge today, the front desk noticed that I was going to Houston and said they were targeting the end of the month for the new lounge and had already started hiring staff.
That is great! I asked AMX yesterday but they didn't have an exact time frame other than the first half of this year. I plan to stop by in February!
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
...said they were targeting the end of the month for the new lounge and had already started hiring staff.
Ugh. My only planned trip between now and May is Jan 23rd. I'm guessing that doesn't qualify as "end of the month"
Old Jan 3, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great news! Sooner the better! ^^
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:26 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Speculation about the LAX lounge moved to established thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-upcoming.html

I am sceptical that the IAH lounge could be opening in January. I would expect to see it touted as coming soon on the Centurion Lounge site.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
American Express has now added mention of the IAH lounge to the Centurion Lounge site, but no details, it only says: Opening 2016: Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Did they have any idea about the size of the new lounge?
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by m.photog
Did they have any idea about the size of the new lounge?
I didn't ask any follow up questions as I was eager to get to the bar.

But I did read elsewhere online (link below) that the leased space would make it larger than the Miami lounge and smaller than the Dallas lounge.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...turion-lounge/
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: UA1K
was at SFO on sunday. they indicated to me may/june is the target opening date.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:30 pm
Suspended

Any updates re: IAH? The latest rumors posted are "end of the month" and "May/June," which doesn't narrow it down much.

I have a six-hour layover at IAH coming up in late Feb.; wondering if people have heard anything new. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973
Any updates re: IAH? The latest rumors posted are "end of the month" and "May/June," which doesn't narrow it down much.

I have a six-hour layover at IAH coming up in late Feb.; wondering if people have heard anything new. Thanks.
I will hopefully have time to take a peek tomorrow evening while at IAH.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Thanks. Have a safe trip ... and let us know.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jsk1973

It didn't seem likely from when I was there a few weeks ago, but the Air France and KLM lounge via Priority Pass are okay in the meantime. Six hours would be pretty rough even with a Centurion lounge there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.