Wiki Posts
Search

New (2015) FHR USA booking site.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
New (2015) FHR USA booking site.

Noticed new online booking tool for FHR. Previously ran off of flash so it worked slowly at best on desktops and not at all on iPhone or iPad. Years of feedback finally paid off.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Satforlegroom
Noticed new online booking tool for FHR. .
Welcome to Flyertalk. Are you referring to the integration of FHR rates into the general travel booking site, as discussed here, of have you found something else?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-browers.html
Old Jun 7, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH DIA, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. Are you referring to the integration of FHR rates into the general travel booking site, as discussed here, of have you found something else?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-browers.html

Great tip Satforlegroom!

@MIA: Using the regular amex link americanexpress.com/fhr, it looks like the site is now revamped. (Screenshot below). This great because in the past few months I was never able to go through a booking on the flash-based site (had to call in)!

Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
I'm having a hard time with the new website. Maybe just a bug when I was trying it, but I couldn't find existing FHR bookings and had to call in to cancel/modify.

Also, it kept prompting me to log in to check rates over and over again.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:05 pm

Still sucks. Keeps telling me that rates are only for Platinum card holders and to sign up for a card. Even though I'm logged in with the lovely little Platinum card by my name.

Also half the hotels are missing. In Miami only one Ritz shows up as an option.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2nd new site, launched shortly after >
Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
I received an email for this directory, found it pretty useful. I like how you can sort by hotel brand.

http://www.fhrdigitaldirectory.com/
the online version of print directory is also still available

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 8, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:56 am

So how does one conduct a search by location on this FHR site? No matter what I enter I get the error message "Enter a property name, destination or keyword to continue."

*edit*

For whatever reason, the popup options were not populating. I see them now.

Last edited by trouble747; Jul 17, 2015 at 11:03 am
Old Jul 17, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by trouble747
So how does one conduct a search by location on this FHR site? No matter what I enter I get the error message "Enter a property name, destination or keyword to continue."
The new website is a mess. You have to find the specific property by name or city before you can do a search.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by fishy21
The new website is a mess. You have to find the specific property by name or city before you can do a search.
It's worse than annoying, it's often wrong.

Yesterday, I typed in 'Bodrum' - the drop down showed the Location text, and a single hotel. I picked the Location text and searched. A different hotel showed up, but not the one in the drop down!

There are, in fact, 2 FHR hotels in Bodrum, but they make it hard to actually find them consistently
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Yeah. At first I was pleased with the new look, layout ... but the more I use it, the worse it gets. I think my biggest gripe is that even if I am logged onto my Amex Plat card, and click through to FHR from there, I still have to login again ... just to check if they have put in availability for Jan 2016 dates!

When FHR works, it can be a wonderful thing. But, man, you got to want it to get it!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Yeah. At first I was pleased with the new look, layout ... but the more I use it, the worse it gets. I think my biggest gripe is that even if I am logged onto my Amex Plat card, and click through to FHR from there, I still have to login again ... just to check if they have put in availability for Jan 2016 dates!

When FHR works, it can be a wonderful thing. But, man, you got to want it to get it!
I had to relog-in every time I searched for a new hotel. Until I figured out how to get around this.... what a horrible website.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I can't get it to book for Jan 2016 - is this a bug or a feature?
Old Jul 20, 2015, 5:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CO FF
I can't get it to book for Jan 2016 - is this a bug or a feature?
This is a recurring question. It will likely be some months before 2016 FHR contracts are in place:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...contracts.html

Last edited by mia; Jul 20, 2015 at 8:19 am
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:02 am

The website indeed is horrible. Made a FHR booking. Got a message that will receive a confirmation email in 30 min. 8 hours since no confirmation. Called number listed on the website. Was told the reservation never went through and a supervisor will need to solve it. On hold for 45 min. Asked agent just to ask a supervisor to call me back and no call back. Called PTS, unable to see my reservation or even attempt to reserve anything due made it on amex travel site. Transferred back to amex travel online customer service. Agent called hotel to verify booking, but unsuccessful. Told her just to cancel it, but she can't as it's not in her system Transferred to a supervisor who said they had been having issues with email confirmations. Found my reservation and forwarded me a copy.
What a mess. 90 min total on the phone to reconfirm a simple online FHR booking.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 8:46 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I've made a few bookings using the new website and I love it. Way better than that old website, which I still believe is an homage to internet from the prehistoric times.

One thing I don't like in general, more of a beef with Amex than with the FHR website, is that for security reasons, most receipts/bills show the last four digits of the card used, and most of my amex have the same last four digits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.