Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How often does the 40% Avios bonus come around?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

How often does the 40% Avios bonus come around?

Just picked up a 50k/1k Premier Rewards Gold card offer this week and got approved so we'll be pursuing the minimum spend very quickly in a hope to lock in the 50k points as soon as we can.

I'd like to take my family of three to Hawaii later in the year and need 75k Avios for the three tickets from the west coast. I was wondering how often the 40% Avios transfer bonus comes around and whether It would be worth waiting for it to get almost all the way to our goal in one go by keeping the 50k Amex Rewards until we can swap them for 70k Avios.

We want to go to Hawaii in late September so I dont want to leave it too long for fear of not finding any reward seats.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:18 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Please see the Wikipost at the top of this thread for the complete history of BA bonuses. There was only one in 2014 -and- it ran through the first month of 2015.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...a-history.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.