Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New AmEx Loyalty Program: Plenti Points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Lightbulb New AmEx Loyalty Program: Plenti Points

American Express are launching a new loyalty program called Plenti points. Official announcement will be soon.

Key points:
  • New credit card will be launched
  • Can earn & redeem points at multiple partners (Macy's, Exxon Mobil, AT&T, Nationwide, Rite Aid, Direct Energy and Hulu)
  • Points are worth 1 penny each at all merchants
  • Earning rate depends on merchant
  • Some earning exclusions apply (e.g tobacco, gambling products and prescription medication)
Old Mar 17, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
What happened to the renewed focus on premium account holders? When will they be announcing new and improved benefits for Platinum cards?
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
based upon the scant details above, this sounds extremely unenticing
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:14 am

American Express, AT&T, ExxonMobil, Macy's, Nationwide, Rite Aid, Direct Energy and Hulu Launch Plenti – First Coalition Loyalty Program in USDebuting in Spring, Plenti Will Let Consumers Earn and Use Points across a Range of Well-Known Brands in Different Industries
NEW YORK, March 18, 2015 --
AT&T, ExxonMobil, Macy's, Nationwide, Rite Aid, Direct Energy and Hulu are joining with American Express to launch Plenti, the first U.S.-based coalition loyalty program with well-known brands where consumers can earn and use Plenti points for purchasing a wide range of products, regardless of the payment method consumers choose to use. The program will officially launch this spring and is expected to include more brands in additional categories.

Recent research indicates that nearly three-quarters (72 percent) of Americans say they would prefer a rewards program that allows them to shop at many stores versus a single brand1. Plenti is designed to address that need, giving consumers options to earn points and additional value through special offers and product discounts. Plenti will be free to join, and consumers can earn points and discounts using any form of payment accepted by the participating brands, including cash, prepaid and any debit, charge or credit card.

Benefits for Consumers
Plenti offers multiple ways for consumers to earn points:

Earn Plenti points when buying a tank of fuel at a participating Exxon- or Mobil-branded service station and use the points for savings toward a pair of shoes at Macy's or macys.com.
Earn Plenti points when signing up for qualifying wireless services at AT&T, or for eligible charges on AT&T wireless bills.
Earn Plenti points for eligible Nationwide auto or property insurance.
Earn Plenti points by taking advantage of special offers on a wide range of beauty, health and wellness and everyday items at Rite Aid.
Every 1,000 points will translate to at least $10 in savings, and Plenti members can earn points faster by activating special promotional offers across participating brands or through Plenti's online offer center and online marketplace.

"This is a perfect time for a coalition loyalty program in the U.S., as online marketing becomes more efficient and American consumers become more accustomed to rewards programs, special offers and discounts," said Ed Gilligan, president at American Express. "With American Express' deep experience with the Membership Rewards® program and acquisition of Loyalty Partner in 2011, we are the right company to operate a loyalty program of this scale, involving such celebrated brands."

Background on US Loyalty
US Loyalty is a division of American Express that will serve as the operator of Plenti, and will issue the rewards and oversee the centralized marketing activities for the program in collaboration with the founding companies. In addition, US Loyalty will be responsible for securely managing consumer data collected through Plenti.

In 2011, American Express acquired Loyalty Partner. The company operates three subsidiaries including: Payback, a leading multi-partner loyalty program designed to deliver value to consumers and generate additional revenue for participating companies. Today, Payback manages coalition loyalty programs in Germany, Italy, Poland, India and Mexico and has more than 60 million active customers.

Further information about the program will be available in the coming months.

About Plenti
Plenti is a U.S. coalition loyalty program comprised of widely known companies, the first of which include: AT&T, ExxonMobil, Macy's, Nationwide, Rite Aid, Direct Energy and Hulu. Plenti is designed to offer consumers greater choice and savings potential through a multi-category rewards platform.
http://about.americanexpress.com/new...ouncement.aspx

Last edited by mia; Mar 18, 2015 at 6:21 am
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by safra1
What happened to the renewed focus on premium account holders?
Has American Express announced one? A program of this scope would have been in the works for quite a while, and will be operated by a company which happens to be owned by American Express. I don't think it diverts resources from Membership Rewards.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 2:23 pm

I don't frequent Exxon gas stations, as around here they are the most expensive. Nationwide insurance is also more expensive for me. So I would rather just shop at the cheaper establishment, and save the cash, then gain these Plenti points.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Sounds awful.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:44 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Plenti will be free to join, and consumers can earn points and discounts using any form of payment accepted by the participating brands, including cash, prepaid and any debit, charge or credit card.
Note that this program is not tied to method of payment. It's not a credit card rewards program, it's in addition to anything you might earn through a card from any issuer.

American Express may still elect to offer a card which earns Plenti points, but no one would have to use it to earn the points awarded by merchants.

Last edited by mia; Mar 18, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Note that this program is not tied to method of payment. It's not a credit card rewards program, it's in addition to anything you might earn through a card from any issuer.

American Express may still elect to offer a card which earns Plenti points, but no one would have to use it to earn the points awarded by merchants.
OK, less awful then. Exxon and Mobil left my home state years ago. Macy's is a nice store, but I don't shop much anymore. I vacation instead. Cheers!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by momoneylessproblems
Earn Plenti points when buying a tank of fuel at a participating Exxon- or Mobil-branded service station and use the points for savings toward a pair of shoes at Macy's or macys.com.
Earn Plenti points when signing up for qualifying wireless services at AT&T, or for eligible charges on AT&T wireless bills.
Earn Plenti points for eligible Nationwide auto or property insurance.
Earn Plenti points by taking advantage of special offers on a wide range of beauty, health and wellness and everyday items at Rite Aid.
I either fill up at Shell because of Ralphs (Kroger) Fuel Rewards (which this can't top that I can see, especially since I earn most of my Fuel Rewards points simply by filling out supermarket surveys every 7 days! )), or at indie gas stations which have the otherwise lowest gas prices around here.

AT&T is not my carrier and I'm not going to switch to it.

I dumped Nationwide decades ago for AAA (Auto Club) and I'm not going back.

Most convenient for me are Walgreens and CVS. I'm never near a RiteAid. In any case, I rarely shop at this category of stores.

So there. Sounds useless for me. (Not that I assumed otherwise before going through this list.)
Old Mar 18, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL PM
Originally Posted by eajusa
Macy's is a nice store, but I don't shop much anymore.
I have to object to your post, if only because it perpetuates the myth that Macy's is a "nice store" these days. RH Macy would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what his department store had turned into!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by jhartvu
I have to object to your post, if only because it perpetuates the myth that Macy's is a "nice store" these days. RH Macy would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what his department store had turned into!
Well...I tend to be diplomatic. I understand what you're saying. Same for so many department stores. Those that are left.... that is.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Plenti was launched today. Indeed it appears to be about as awful and useless as was anticipated earlier in this thread It seems to be an additional 1% cashback with limited redemption opportunities.
Old May 4, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Redemptions are limited to Macy's, Rite-Aid and ExxonMobil partners only.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Redemptions are limited to Macy's, Rite-Aid and ExxonMobil partners only.
Cap of $25 on Exxon/Mobil as well. Program sucks, cobranded credit card even worse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.