Amex losing Regus Business World

Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Amex losing Regus Business World

Insert in my February statement
Effective May 1, 2015, the Business Platinum Card will no longer provide access to the Platinum Office Program benefits, which includes complimentary Regus Businessworld Gold membership and discounts on Regus services.
Goes on about specifics if you opened your Biz Platinum b/w 5/1/14-4/30/15 you have membership until your anniversary date.

Not a huge loss of course, but a benefit I used and curious what others think,if you know other cards that provide this, and if anyone thinks of any good leverage to ask Amex for AF discounts, MR points, etc?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 10:58 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by levilevi
... other cards that provide this...

Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...card/index.jsp

You'll receive complimentary Regus Businessworld gold membership, worth $300, with access to 1,000 business lounges and cafs worldwide.This Regus offer can be withdrawn or amended at any time. Regus terms & conditions apply and can be found at regus.com/vaaterms

If you decide to apply for this card, read here first: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...000-bonus.html
Old Feb 6, 2015, 11:38 am
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by mia
Virgin Atlantic World Elite MasterCard

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...card/index.jsp

If you decide to apply for this card, read here first: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...000-bonus.html
Ha I guess they made them an offer they couldn't refuse...
Old Jul 1, 2015, 8:56 pm

AMEX lost Regus Partnership?

The perks really keep dwindling, don't they?

Anyone have any additional insight into what happened with this? As usual, all I get out of CSR is the "I have no more information".

I use a large amount of mail forwarding addresses, and not having to pay a security deposit and also 20-30% off monthly dues was very helpful and adds up when you have many of them!

Was real upset to learn this.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Regus has pulled almost all of its partnerships over the last 2 years. Virgin Atlantic - the last UK one to offer Businessworld Gold - was withdrawn last month.

It is like an airline with massive operational gearing. When the economy is down they struggle hugely and need to do deals, when things pick up the money flows straight into profit and they dont need promos.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raffles
Regus has pulled almost all of its partnerships over the last 2 years. Virgin Atlantic - the last UK one to offer Businessworld Gold - was withdrawn last month.

It is like an airline with massive operational gearing. When the economy is down they struggle hugely and need to do deals, when things pick up the money flows straight into profit and they dont need promos.
Tried to use this in a retentions call on my Biz Platinum card - rep wasn't even aware of it.. oy!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:02 pm

There was a time Regus gave away 3y Gold memberships...good times
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by mrgreen
There was a time Regus gave away 3y Gold memberships...good times
Eh? Whatever they tell you, free Gold cards do not expire (Edit: at least, mine never has). I am in one as I type using a free Gold I got 5 years ago.

Last edited by Raffles; Jul 3, 2015 at 4:21 am
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:07 am

Eh? Whatever they tell you, free Gold cards do not expire. I am in one as I type using a free Gold I got 5 years ago.
mmh I always made a new account since I only snatched a 12month free membership

will check my old accounts
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Eh? Whatever they tell you, free Gold cards do not expire (Edit: at least, mine never has). I am in one as I type using a free Gold I got 5 years ago.
Interesting - I thought whenever they took my Regus card to swipe to see if still active - the one i have says:
Regus Businessworld
<name>
<some number>
gold - Amex Logo OPEN

Think I'm good to go for lounge access (what I was using it for primarily)?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:45 pm

Just checked my 2 year old card - according to myregus.com it is downgraded to Blue
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Phooey, rarely used, but very handy all over the world when I needed it!
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just found out this benefit is gone when I emailed Regus for a replacement card (mine split in half while bouncing around in a briefcase).

Regus' response was that my TripIt Pro membership had expired. Interesting, as I've never used TripIt Pro in my life, and my Regus card has the Amex logo on it. Now when I log back into myregus.com, the Gold card still shows up but the account is locked?

EDIT: Apparently now I can't even get that far. After logging in, all the pages in MyRegus just appear blank...Just got another response from them after saying my membership was via Amex and even sending them a photo of the broken card with the Amex logo on it (before reading this thread and realizing the benefit was gone), and their reply was simply:
Membership number 1234567890123 is your TripIt Pro which is only valid for one year.
I actually used the day office discount every so often, and rarely used the business lounges. So they were making at least a few bucks off me. But the way they've handled this inquiry, I think I'll be looking for other options altogether now.

Last edited by gooselee; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:19 am
Old Sep 2, 2015, 2:49 pm

Platinum loses something else: Regis

So it appears Platinum is now losing the Regis Offices. Anyone know if other cards picked that up and have that offering?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by sal930
So it appears Platinum is now losing the Regis Offices. Anyone know if other cards picked that up and have that offering?
The Platinum card has lost so much of it's benefits over the last couple of years, that I'm considering canceling mine. GoGo internet and Boingo don't seem to do it for me... I think they should drop the price to $200...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.