Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 5:56 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chrisny2
I'm sure it varies, but I've never even been asked for a boarding pass at a priority pass lounge.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Nor have I @:-)
It's probably about 50-50 for me. In the US, I probably get asked for a boarding pass >50% of the time when entering via Priority Pass (esp at Alaska Board Room). Internationally, it's probably <50% of the time. In some lounges I'll see them write down my flight info, but that seems to be more so they can make announcements or track delayed flights.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by JY1024
It's probably about 50-50 for me. In the US, I probably get asked for a boarding pass >50% of the time when entering via Priority Pass (esp at Alaska Board Room). Internationally, it's probably <50% of the time. In some lounges I'll see them write down my flight info, but that seems to be more so they can make announcements or track delayed flights.
Ditto. I frequently (but not always) get asked for my boarding pass - usually for what seems like the same reasons, to look up gate info or flight status, not really for admission purposes.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:50 am
Suspended

Amex Platinum - Centurion Lounge Access Question

Good morning,

I'm thinking about getting the Amex Platinum Card (account under my name) with wife as an additional cardholder.

Questions:

1. If my wife travels without me, will she be allowed access to the Centurion Lounge? *She will have the Platinum card, but no official "membership".

2. On the personal Amex Platinum, are there any fees to add additional card members? On the Business version, it's quite steep.

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:55 am

If you have a platinum card, you will get in.

There will be fee to add additional cards.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:05 am
Suspended

Thank you MarcoPolo 88
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:51 am

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
Originally Posted by MarcoPolo88
If you have a platinum card, you will get in.
Unless it’s a Delta card, I think?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:57 am

correct. it has to be an amex platinum card (personal, business, or corporate), and in the US, the fee for up to 3 additional cards is $175.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 11:54 am

Don't forget to register for Priority Pass membership, too.

Both cardholders can have their own PP card, saving you the extra person fee. If you travel a fair amount and use PP lounges, that alone makes up for the $175 secondary card fee.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by jordan_h
correct. it has to be an amex platinum card (personal, business, or corporate), and in the US, the fee for up to 3 additional cards is $175.
IINM, the AU for business card is $300.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:50 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by tanglin
Unless it’s a Delta card, I think?
That would be a credit card. You need an Amex Platinum CHARGE card.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by cslovacek
Good morning,

I'm thinking about getting the Amex Platinum Card (account under my name) with wife as an additional cardholder.

Questions:

1. If my wife travels without me, will she be allowed access to the Centurion Lounge? *She will have the Platinum card, but no official "membership".

2. On the personal Amex Platinum, are there any fees to add additional card members? On the Business version, it's quite steep.

Thanks
1) She would be granted access if she was with you either by virtue as a guest, or in this case, being immediate family(No card required for her)

2) It is $175 for up to 3 additional cards IIRC
Old Oct 25, 2015, 8:34 am

My wife has an Amex Platinum card.
We (me, my wife, and our son) are flying tomorrow from Miami to Las vegas, by AA.
I know we have access to the Centurion lounge at MIA.
But, upon arrival at Las Vegas, do we have access to the Centurion lounge there?

Also, does it make a difference if we have a checked bag? (i.e., if we have access to the lounge, and the bag is on the belt, if we go there after 30-45 minutes, will it be a problem)?

(I ask only because I read some posts (cannot remember if here or on some blog) about arriving passengers using the lounge; perhaps they were connecting passengers, I do not know. Anyway, that is the reason I ask. I understand if access is only in the departure airport, not in the arrival airport.)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by raghu; Oct 25, 2015 at 9:15 am
Old Oct 25, 2015, 11:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by raghu
... arrival at Las Vegas, do we have access to the Centurion lounge there?
Yes
Old Oct 25, 2015, 5:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by raghu
Also, does it make a difference if we have a checked bag? (i.e., if we have access to the lounge, and the bag is on the belt, if we go there after 30-45 minutes, will it be a problem)?
It just depends on your comfort level of leaving the bag unattended on the baggage belt. It might get moved to the baggage service office. I once used the lounge on arrival, and my bag was still sitting on the baggage belt when I finally arrived to baggage claim. But I didn't have anything critical in the bag and I have travel insurance.
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I recently had no issues getting into the LGA Centurion Lounge with an arriving boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.