Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
To review offers discussed during 2013 and 2014, click HERE.
Print Wikipost

Tracking Amex promotions UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:43 am
JK

Programs: BA Gold / OnBusiness, SPG Lifetime Plat 100, AmEx Centurion & BAPP, Superking Westin Heavenly Bed :)
Originally Posted by Oliveredmunds
Wish I had a Cent card! Shame im only 19.
Plenty of time yet!
Old Jan 9, 2015, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by JK
Plenty of time yet!
Only need to earn millions a year! Lots of time to do that. I'm happy with my gold card at the moment.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Seeing a lot of new promotions in my account from Costco to Hilton
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Same here - even 15% off easyjet plus membership...!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:39 am

Programs: Amex Cent and all that comes with it
Originally Posted by JK
Just got an email for an AmEx Travel offer on my Cent. Spend £400 (on pre-paid hotel, flight, car or experience) and get a £200 statement credit! That's not too bad... Shame I just booked about £10k's worth of travel through them last week!

Perhaps there are similar offers for Plat/Gold.

Enrolment required via link in the email.
Yeah, got that email. Also an (up to) 40% discount on hotels in the same email;

What's more, with up to 40% off in the Global Hotel sale with American Express Travel online, you'll be able to go even further on your next holiday when you book by 26 February 2015. Terms apply2. Excludes FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties.

Note: I got stung on a similar travel offer last year. I bought two flight tickets (i.e. two PAX on same flight) in a single transaction to meet the minimum spend/single transaction. When I checked my Amex statement, the two tickets appeared as separate entries, thus not meeting the min. spend requirement for the promotion.

May have been a glitch, didn't have the heart to pursue the matter any further. I will do if it happens again.

Finally, a £500 statement when spending £2000 or more at onefinestay, UK locations only. First 10,000 cards to register.

ONEFINESTAY
Spend £2,000 or more, get £500
Save to Card to get a £500 statement credit when spending £2,000 or more when you pay and stay at UK onefinestay locations by 13/02/15. Valid once per Card for the first 10,000 UK Cardmembers to save. Terms apply.

OFFER TERMS
American Express UK Cards only.
One £500 statement credit per Card to the first 10,000 Cardmembers to save.
Offer available when paying and staying at UK onefinestay locations by 13/02/15. To book and pay visit onefinestay.com .
Spend must be billed to your Card account by 13/02/15. If onefinestay does not charge the spend to your Card account during this period, you may not be eligible for the offer.
Your Card must remain enrolled until the statement credit is applied.
Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying transaction is refunded or cancelled.
Statement credits are issued within 3-5 business days of the qualifying spend, but may take up to 8 weeks to appear in your account.
Offer only applies to spend on the Card to which the offer is saved. It does not apply to spend on any supplementary Cards or other Cards you might hold.
Corporate Cards, Gift Cards and Prepaid Cards are not eligible.
This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
For full Offer Terms and more details about statement credits click here. By saving the offer to your Card, you agree to the Offer Terms.
Adey
Old Jan 12, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks for highlighting - shame Amex don't bother telling their cardmembers about these offers! Shame it's still UK-only for the Hiltons.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:34 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tangey
Thanks for that.

It appears at the moment the optimum Amex application is:-

Get your partner to refer you for a Gold car (9K+22K). Apply for a supplemental card for your partner (5K). Once the bonuses have posted, apply to upgrade your gold card to a plat card (15K) - costs £450. Apply for a supplemental card for your partner (10K).
I upgraded my gold to a platinum and the supplementary card in my wife's name (already obtained before this 5k offer) automatically upgraded to a platinum when my gold did.

To maximise earnings it would be best to obtain supplemental gold cards, then cancel them all, then upgrade to platinum and apply for the five supplemental cards. Of course, it would be difficult to put this plan into action at this point - the platinum offer expires end of Feb (if not a little earlier as is often Amex's wont).
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Marco Polo Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Le Accor Plat
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Am looking forward to the points posting from that - don't know if anyone has had them yet? IIRC they were due in March according to the T&Cs.
Yep, Ts&Cs: "within 90 days of your application being approved".

I have also yet to receive my points. I successfully applied at the end of December so have diarised to chase at the end of March!

To add my points posted within an hour
That may have been because you added your supplementary card(s) over the phone (is that right?) and the operator manually added the points to your account there and then.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
It was done over the phone
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Anyone still waiting for the £50 cashback for £150 Amex Travel spend?

Any idea how long it takes, the spend hit my Lloyds card end of December, even though purchase was at start of December?

Also, I did not receive the £10 cardmember offer for a Ryanair spend back in September on my Lloyds Amex. Anyone know if Lloyds are any good if chased on these offers? I am thinking given the timeframe and the fact I used my Lloyds card, it might be more effort than it is worth.. Must remember use Amex issued cards in future for these offers...

Last edited by Enigma368; Jan 14, 2015 at 9:59 pm
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Enigma368

Any idea how long it takes, the spend hit my Lloyds card end of December, even though purchase was at start of December?

Also, I did not receive the £10 cardmember offer for a Ryanair spend back in September on my Lloyds Amex. Anyone know if Lloyds are any good if chased on these offers? I am thinking given the timeframe and the fact I used my Lloyds card, it might be more effort than it is worth.. Must remember use Amex issued cards in future for these offers...
In the last few days I chased Amex for two Amex Travel £50 credits that still hadn't credited (obviously on Amex issued cards, not Lloyds). They manually issued a £50 credit in both cases. Personally, I would always chase credits that didn't post. I think the waiting period for the Amex Travel one is long enough as it's about 1 month since the offer expired (hence my timing of chasing them).
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:30 am

Programs: some blue some silver some gold
+1.

Presumed I had to chase as the two flights posted separately despite being purchased together - each was only £100.

Got the credit through a couple of days after chasing.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Enigma368

On my AMEX BA card the credit posted within a few days of the spend.

However, when did that Travel offer expire, because the promotion would be dependent on the date the payment posts - not the date you made the purchase.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
On my AMEX BA card the credit posted within a few days of the spend.

However, when did that Travel offer expire, because the promotion would be dependent on the date the payment posts - not the date you made the purchase.
It finished in December - around the 16th or 18th. My transactions posted on January 8th but had a transaction date in my account before the expiry. I argued that I couldn't be responsible for the fact that there was an "abnormally long gap between transaction date and posting date". They gave me the credit without quibble. Again, this was Amex themselves. Lloyds might not be so forthcoming...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:33 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by wadewadewade
I have just phoned up regarding how long points from a supplementary Gold card take to post (up to 90 days but usually less) - guy on the phone confirmed that it wasn't a targeted offer and any supplementary Gold card would earn 5K.
Received my supp card the other day. Haven't had any points for it yet. I have fired off a secure email. I suspect I'll get the "90 day" thing too, but worth a go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.