Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

This offer doesn't appear all the time, you need to open multiple browsers/incognito mode to get it to show and use the following link:

https://www304.americanexpress.com/c...rds-gold/25330

Fine print says "If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you" but in the past this hasn't been enforced I don't think.

I tried for awhile to get a 75k offer to appear, but no luck yet. If anybody gets it to appear let me know.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Gold
Interesting. I was about to call this a load of crap but kept opening new private browser windows. After about 10 tries of seeing the 25K for $2k offer, sure enough it showed me the 50K offer for $1k spend 1st year annual fee waived. Seems like an odd way to make a promo.

EDIT: And on clicking through to apply it errors out. So close but no cigar.

EDIT 2: Clicked back in browser, then clicked apply again and seems to take me to the app as expected

Last edited by G2244; Jan 13, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:26 pm

I got the 50,000 sign up bonus points to show after two tries. But once I sign in to do the short application instead, then the promo vanished stating that I've been identified as a current Amex cardholder. I have two Amex cards, but not the PRG. I wonder if I should apply without signing in, and risk getting the 50,000 MR sign up bonus. What do you guys think? I wanted to sign up for the EDP but if I can get the 50,000 MR bonus with no annual fee the first year, I think this is a better deal. I assume I can convert to the EDP after the annual fee is due.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 5:46 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
"If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you".
It also says: This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product., and that provision will be enforced.

Originally Posted by khl3657
...apply without signing in...
Yes, always apply without signing in. I assume you have never had the Premier Rewards Gold card?

I assume I can convert to the EDP after the annual fee is due.
You cannot "convert" a charge card to a credit card. You will need to submit a new application for the Everyday Preferred before cancelling the Premier Rewards Gold.
Old Jan 13, 2015, 7:27 pm

Got the 50,000 offer, successfully applied. When I first got the page I clicked apply and it took me to an error screen for some reason. I clicked back and the offer was still there, so I clicked apply again and it took me to the app page where it specifically said the app was for the 50,000 point offer. Says it will arrive in 2-3 days.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by mia
It also says: This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product., and that provision will be enforced.

Yes, always apply without signing in. I assume you have never had the Premier Rewards Gold card?

You cannot "convert" a charge card to a credit card. You will need to submit a new application for the Everyday Preferred before cancelling the Premier Rewards Gold.
No I never applied for the PRG before so I assume I might get the 50,000 sign up bonus? I only have the Costco and Blue Amex cards. Thanks for pointing out about the conversion. Totally forgot the PRG is not a credit card but a charge card.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Melchar
Got the 50,000 offer, successfully applied. When I first got the page I clicked apply and it took me to an error screen for some reason. I clicked back and the offer was still there, so I clicked apply again and it took me to the app page where it specifically said the app was for the 50,000 point offer. Says it will arrive in 2-3 days.
No such troubles here. I already had PRG, but i was able to get my wife to apply for this without an issue. Took screencaps of the pages just in case.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 10:51 pm

Easy to get this offer.

Just got it for my wife, and I. They are probably using a combination of cookie, and IP blocks to limit this promotion.

I use the TOR browser (Firefox, with random proxying). With Tor I see it every time.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:41 am

Just applied and approved instantly. Took a bunch of screenshots but hopefully the 50,000 bonus will post once I hit the $1,000 minimum.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:42 am

And thank you OP
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:59 am

Thanks OP!!!!^
I got the 50000 link on the first try on an incognito browser. I applied for my Dad and he got instantly approved.

My Mom and I had already had the card so I was waiting around for a good offer for him to bite.

Can't believe only $1000 minimum!

Takes a lot of organisation to "pool" constant churning for 3 people and it drives my Dad crazy, but they sure like flying in F......

data point:
I just clicked on the link now, about 3 hours later and got:
25,000 pts for $2000 min.

Last edited by elsie; Jan 15, 2015 at 5:10 am
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: AA, SPG
So forgive my confusion. I tried to read through most of the new AmEx rules re bonus' thread and need some clarification. I am a current AmEx card holder (SPG & Costco). I did have a PR Gold Card about 4 years ago and cancelled it and have not opened any card with AmEx in probably 2 years. This being the case, will I not be able to take advantage of 50,000 MR points or will I be in the clear. Also, I am ultimately holding out for the Platinum 100,000 bonus so if I applied for PRG, would that screw up a Platinum bonus (never had a Platinum card) or am I already not eligible due to being a current AmE card holder. Haven't churned in a while but may be planing one so just trying to wrap my head around these new rules.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: IHG Plat
how do I find out if Ive had this card or not? Pull an Experian report? I had a gold card 8 years ago but i'm not 100% sure if it was personal or business. It was closed after a FR.

Can I apply for this and the biz card the same day or should I wait in between?

Last edited by indelible; Jan 15, 2015 at 9:00 am
Old Jan 15, 2015, 8:58 am

I never had this card before, but I currently have person SPG, Everyday, Hilton and Delta Amex, and Biz Platinum. Will I qualify for this???

Also does Amex limit the amount application within a few days apart? I just got the Delta Reserve on Jan 7, had to close another Delta card as Amex only allow 4 credit cards.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:04 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Smerri
...I did have a PR Gold Card about 4 years ago and cancelled it and have not opened any card with AmEx in probably 2 years. This being the case, will I not be able to take advantage of 50,000 MR points or will I be in the clear.
You are not eligible for a new account bonus if you have ever held the same product. If you had a Premier Rewards Gold card you cannot take advantage of this offer. If you had some other variant of personal Gold Card you should be eligible.

Premier Rewards Gold was introduced in October 2009:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...gold-card.html

The predecessor card was named: Rewards Plus Gold (which was mentioned in May, 1998)

Last edited by mia; Jan 15, 2015 at 9:12 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.