Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Ariredso
I couldn't handle the $2k spend so I bought a 50k/1k offer on the grey market for $30 lol. Its much cheaper to buy than the 100k plat or any of the other offers, probably because you can pull up the 2k offer pretty easily. Anyway the way I look at it I would have dropped at least $30 in fees (3% paypal etc.) so rather save the hassle
Also, how did you manage that. I can much more comfortably do 1k than 2k!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Using Tor and go diect to Amex website to get the 50k offer. Applied for my wife but stupidly put in my SSN. A quick phone call to Amex cleared that up and approved the card
Old Jun 24, 2016, 8:46 am

Can you call the application line and inquire if you've had the bonus in the past BEFORE doing a hard credit pull? I've had so many Amex cards, I can't remember what I had when or what bonuses (if any) I ever had.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:10 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hurnik
Can you call the application line and inquire if you've had the bonus in the past BEFORE doing a hard credit pull?
You can call customer service to ask if you have previously held a Premier Rewards Gold card. It does not matter if you did, or did not, receive a bonus.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:07 pm

Showed 50K/2K Spend when I applied, but when I called, was told 50K for 1K in spend. Waiting to hear back from Amex which is it.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by fumbalah
Showed 50K/2K Spend when I applied, but when I called, was told 50K for 1K in spend. Waiting to hear back from Amex which is it.
Wait till you get your card and the paperwork. If it doesn't show there call and ask what offer is attached to your account. And if all else fails just spend $2,000
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: american express, aadvantage, marriott rewards, starwoods, delta, nwa
what is Tor?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:05 pm
mia

Originally Posted by greenbombadil
what is Tor?
An anonymous browser:

https://www.torproject.org/
Old Jun 30, 2016, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by mia
An anonymous browser:

https://www.torproject.org/
Thanks. I have been having a hell of a time getting one of the increased Amex offers. Got the 65K offer (40K + 25K) on first attempt with Tor and pulled the trigger
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:03 pm

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 40k 1st year/25k 2nd year offer.

If I decide I don't want to pay the AF next year but still want to take advantage of the 25k points, can I hurry up and spend $2k before the 30 days is up, get the points AND still get the AF refunded?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar
I ended up pulling the trigger on a 40k 1st year/25k 2nd year offer.

If I decide I don't want to pay the AF next year but still want to take advantage of the 25k points, can I hurry up and spend $2k before the 30 days is up, get the points AND still get the AF refunded?
I would be flabbergasted if you would be able to do this, but others would know better than I would. The whole point of this two year bonus structure seems clearly designed to get you to keep the card past the first year.

On another topic, I'm on hold with Amex CSR right now to confirm the bonus on my newly received PRG. He initially said "you'll get 25K MR after $2000 spend in first 90 days of card." I told him that wasn't the offer I'd signed up for and I'd signed up for 40K + 25K. He said wait a second, there's some other codes here that I don't understand. He's on the other line with the marketing department while I've been on hold for about five minutes.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:59 pm

So this is slightly interesting: CSR came back on after speaking to marketing for several minutes, ostensibly to deduce codes he couldn't properly interpret. He sounded happy and said, "I just spoke to marketing..." Line went dead. Drat. I was on a landline so I assume it was his end.

Anyway, I called right back and this time got an American-based CSR. I said I was calling to confirm bonus. He said it was crazy that I would have to be put on hold and he could easily see that my bonus was for 65K MR for $2000 spend in 3 months. I said, woah, I think you've got it mixed up and explained 40K + 25K offer. He said well yes I can see they're in two separate buckets $2000 + $2000 (kind of revising his previous statement) but if you spend that amount you'll get the 65K. I explained that the offer was over two years. He was incredulous and said he'd never heard of any bonus offer of such a sort. Thanked him and hung up. Just seemed interesting and gives some insight into what reps see in the system on their end.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by xenophile
I would be flabbergasted if you would be able to do this, but others would know better than I would. The whole point of this two year bonus structure seems clearly designed to get you to keep the card past the first year.

On another topic, I'm on hold with Amex CSR right now to confirm the bonus on my newly received PRG. He initially said "you'll get 25K MR after $2000 spend in first 90 days of card." I told him that wasn't the offer I'd signed up for and I'd signed up for 40K + 25K. He said wait a second, there's some other codes here that I don't understand. He's on the other line with the marketing department while I've been on hold for about five minutes.
Originally Posted by xenophile
So this is slightly interesting: CSR came back on after speaking to marketing for several minutes, ostensibly to deduce codes he couldn't properly interpret. He sounded happy and said, "I just spoke to marketing..." Line went dead. Drat. I was on a landline so I assume it was his end.

Anyway, I called right back and this time got an American-based CSR. I said I was calling to confirm bonus. He said it was crazy that I would have to be put on hold and he could easily see that my bonus was for 65K MR for $2000 spend in 3 months. I said, woah, I think you've got it mixed up and explained 40K + 25K offer. He said well yes I can see they're in two separate buckets $2000 + $2000 (kind of revising his previous statement) but if you spend that amount you'll get the 65K. I explained that the offer was over two years. He was incredulous and said he'd never heard of any bonus offer of such a sort. Thanked him and hung up. Just seemed interesting and gives some insight into what reps see in the system on their end.
Interesting. I hope we don't have any issues collecting on this bonus.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 10:36 pm

I went in on the 40K/25K after $2K spend, and called in when I got the card in order to confirm my offer. The phone rep said that she saw no offer on file. I politely informed her of the offer that I signed up under, and she said that the offer had been added to my record.

Fast forward a few weeks to today and I've met the spending requirement. I get on chat to confirm my welcome offer, and they say that there isn't any! The rep says that they're going to submit an inquiry into whether I had an offer or not...

Double and triple checks may be necessary with these guys. Anybody have a similar experience?

Last edited by slickrick11; Jul 8, 2016 at 10:38 pm Reason: Corrected offer amounts
Old Jul 9, 2016, 7:56 am
mia

Originally Posted by slickrick11
Anybody have a similar experience?
Yes: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

How did you receive the offer, through the mail, email, online in your americanexpress.com account, browsing americanexpress.com -or- did you "find" it elsewhere on the Internet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.