Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Old Aug 12, 2015, 5:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mdovenmuehler
...able to buy VGC cards at Walmart?
Yes. If one of your first uses of the card were to be $1,XXX at WalMart it might trigger a security alert, but the transaction will satisfy the spending requirement.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by mdovenmuehler
thanks

"Special Offer For You Earn 50,000 Points after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.† "

this is for the American express premier gold card under personal cards right off the website, this seems to be an offer for anyone atm who applies and gets approved unless Im missing something? Now im curious if I purchase VGC at wally world will it count towards my 1k for the bonus?
Was this your first Amex card? Amex tends to target those who have never had Amex cards with much more lucrative offers than those who are already cardholders. But this is also not an offer for 'anyone', technically. That landing page will be different for different people, so you may see 50k on your computer, but when I used to look it was 40k (when I only had SPG), now it shows 0k (Since I now have the Premier), and if I go to it incognito, it shows 25k - and my results will likely change if I keep opening new incognito windows, browsers, computers, etc...But still....75k for the personal is awesome for any scenario. ^

And yes, VCGs will 100% work for hitting your minimum. Be warned the points may stay pending for a very long time, as mine did for over two months. Allegedly you can call or SM Amex for MR points to be posted faster when they appear as 'pending' in your points summary from what I've heard.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio
Was this your first Amex card? Amex tends to target those who have never had Amex cards with much more lucrative offers than those who are already cardholders. But this is also not an offer for 'anyone', technically. That landing page will be different for different people, so you may see 50k on your computer, but when I used to look it was 40k (when I only had SPG), now it shows 0k (Since I now have the Premier), and if I go to it incognito, it shows 25k - and my results will likely change if I keep opening new incognito windows, browsers, computers, etc...But still....75k for the personal is awesome for any scenario. ^

And yes, VCGs will 100% work for hitting your minimum. Be warned the points may stay pending for a very long time, as mine did for over two months. Allegedly you can call or SM Amex for MR points to be posted faster when they appear as 'pending' in your points summary from what I've heard.

Thanks. Yeah that is odd, I didn't realize it might be different going there on different times, days, browsers. So far everything worked out great. As for the points being posted, yup weve had to make calls for other cards etc so its always been a few things to do to speed it up. We always call before a big purchase, as well if it takes more than two weeks we request a quick point posting and its always worked out.

Thanks for the help and tips
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:46 pm

bought $1000 worth of amex gift card online, about a week ago it posted. No sign of points yet. But seeing "points pending" on https://rewards.americanexpress.com
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Success!

Used this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...r-rewards-gold

Got the 50k after 1k spend offer on first try using a normal chrome window. Called to confirm that offer was linked to my account and the rep said yes. I'll write again when it posts.

Last edited by UpAt40k; Aug 16, 2015 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:41 pm

Gents,

Quick question - I currently have the AMEX green, but I am getting rid of it when my AF hits in September. I just applied for the 50k PRG offer and got approved. I have never had the PRG before and I first received my AMEX green back in 2010. Should I link my new PRG card to my existing AMEX account or should I create a new one? I just want to make sure I get the 50k bonus will also keeping and linking my existing MR points (~105k) to my new card.

Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by PDXUA

Got the 50k after 1k spend offer on first try using a normal chrome window. Called to confirm that offer was linked to my account and the rep said yes. I'll write again when it posts.
Thanks man, worked for us too. Instant approval. Didn't work for me in a normal browser window (got the 25K offer, probably because I have a few amex cookies already) but incognito did indeed hit on the first try for the 50K.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:38 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Fcsech
Gents,

Quick question - I currently have the AMEX green, but I am getting rid of it when my AF hits in September. I just applied for the 50k PRG offer and got approved. I have never had the PRG before and I first received my AMEX green back in 2010. Should I link my new PRG card to my existing AMEX account or should I create a new one? I just want to make sure I get the 50k bonus will also keeping and linking my existing MR points (~105k) to my new card.

Thanks!
Pretty sure the MR accounts will get combined automatically by Amex. If they don't you can ask Amex to do it. There is no reason not to combine them.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:12 am

Any recent success? Can't seem to be able to get the offer to pop up across various browsers, browsing modes (Incognito, PrivateSearch, etc), IPs. Any have any other tricks to get it to pop up?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
I currently have a personal Plat. Had a Biz Gold - but that got upgraded to biz Plat.
AF is due for the Personal Plat.
Could i apply for this PRG Gold Card for the 50k bonus - get that card then dump my Personal Plat?
I see it says "If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product. "

I've never had a personal Gold card.
Thoughts?
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
  1. If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer.
  2. This offer is also not available to applicants who have or have had this product. "

Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread to understand how each of these sentences is implemented. Then, apply.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by mia
[/LIST]
Read the Wikipost at the top of this thread to understand how each of these sentences is implemented. Then, apply.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html
Sorry for sounding daft here but my reading of that post.. is... I'm good to go with my plan? As long as the automated system doesn't kick me
Old Sep 1, 2015, 3:46 pm
mia

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
...I'm good to go with my plan?
Agreed.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Agreed.
We shall see if the bonus posts in a couple weeks. Thanks everyone.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by PDXUA

Points are pending to post on my first statement, which is due up in a few days. Not sure what to tell those who haven't had the link work other than keep trying! Use your phone or tablet, too if you haven't already!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.