Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Applied and got instant approval. I need to put the points in my husband's Hilton account so it's my understanding that I should add him as an authorized user. Is that correct? Then I want to get the card for him. Will his being an AU on my card hurt his chances for being approved for his own card?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:55 pm

What's everyones opinion on pulling the trigger here and locking in the once-per-lifetime 50k MR available today on this card versus waiting for a bigger offer?
How recent was 75-100k on the personal Gold (not Biz)?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by cashcow
What's everyones opinion on pulling the trigger here and locking in the once-per-lifetime 50k MR available today on this card versus waiting for a bigger offer?
How recent was 75-100k on the personal Gold (not Biz)?
Depends on how urgently you need those points. If not too urgent, I would wait for a better offer. Ever since Amex implemented their extremist rules, we now have to be very tactical in applying for their cards.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Well, I've tried the link now about 50 times. IE, Chrome, Firefox...cleared cache and history, went Incognito, Private Browsing...tried three different computers and I only get the the 25K offer.

Please post if henceforth anyone is able to bring up the 50K offer.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by flyaxa
Well, I've tried the link now about 50 times. IE, Chrome, Firefox...cleared cache and history, went Incognito, Private Browsing...tried three different computers and I only get the the 25K offer.

Please post if henceforth anyone is able to bring up the 50K offer.
I just tried a couple dozen times and only got 25k offer.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:02 am

Wife received a targeted 50k/1k in the mail this week and got approved this morning. We are just getting started in the points game so it seemed like a decent enough offer to jump on.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:06 pm

Data point: Just went through incognito mode and got the 50k/1k offer after about 10 new windows for the Personal gold. My first time applying for the card. Currently have Costco/SPG/blue cash everyday
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:24 pm

Same product?

I closed my gold rewards card about 5 years ago. This gold "premier" rewards card is considered the same product? 50k offer is showing up for me. TIA.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:08 am

The 25K URL that keeps showing up for me is:
"https://www304.americanexpress.com/credit-card/premier-rewards-gold/25330"

Could someone who is successful at bringing up the 50K post the URL exactly as it is in their browser?

EDIT: Never mind...I finally got it to go through. There isn't any sort of redirect. It's the exact same URL as above.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:36 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Temujin
I closed my gold rewards card about 5 years ago.
You will need to know the exact name of the card which you cancelled, because Premier Rewards Gold did exist five years ago, but there have been other Gold cards with the word "rewards" in the name. If you cannot find an old statement or similar I would call American Express customer service and ask if you have ever had a Premier Rewards Gold account.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:19 am

Is this the same product as the Platinum? Will it matter that I currently have the Business Gold?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gold07
Is this the same product as the Platinum? Will it matter that I currently have the Business Gold?
no & no
Old May 1, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Opened Amex on Chrome. I'm an IE user. Scrolled down personal cards. 50K Offer for PRG was there. 1K spend required. Applied, approved. Language about current members may not be eligible present, so will report once spend is reached.

Last edited by eajusa; May 1, 2015 at 7:30 pm
Old May 2, 2015, 3:48 pm

Currently have Amex GOLD business. Applied for this one and got approved. My account shows 75k points from business bonus. I kind of doubt that I would get 50k bonus as well.
Old May 2, 2015, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by vendetto
Currently have Amex GOLD business. Applied for this one and got approved. My account shows 75k points from business bonus. I kind of doubt that I would get 50k bonus as well.
Two different products. The first is a business card and this one is a personal card, so you should get the 50K bonus for the Premier Rewards Gold card.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.