Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by mia
You are not eligible for a new account bonus if you have ever held the same product. If you had a Premier Rewards Gold card you cannot take advantage of this offer. If you had some other variant of personal Gold Card you should be eligible.

Premier Rewards Gold was introduced in October 2009:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...gold-card.html

The predecessor card was named: Rewards Plus Gold (which was mentioned in May, 1998)
have there been any exceptions to this? Cancelled PRG 14 months back and was hoping to get it again in March once I finish spend on VA card but above post seems to indicate it isn't even worth trying.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 9:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by g8trgr8t
have there been any exceptions ...
This language began to appear in terms last Spring:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html

I do not recall reports of any exceptions, except perhaps for Hilton co-branded cards, but I do not follow that topic closely.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: AA, SPG
Originally Posted by mia
You are not eligible for a new account bonus if you have ever held the same product. If you had a Premier Rewards Gold card you cannot take advantage of this offer. If you had some other variant of personal Gold Card you should be eligible.

The predecessor card was named: Rewards Plus Gold (which was mentioned in May, 1998)
Thank you very much. I appreciate the clarification.

Hopefully there will be a Platinum bonus sooner or later I could take advantage of.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:38 pm

Applied and approved using chrome. Tried to get the offer to come up using post #1 link but only 25000/2000 came up. Also got approved for business card 75000/5000. Just to clarify I do own a business.

American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
Learn More
Apply Now
Special Offer For You
Earn 50,000 Points
after you spend $1,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.†

This offer is available to you by clicking through this web page. If you leave or close this web page and return later, this offer may no longer be available. If you are identified as a current or former American Express Card Member, this offer may not be available to you.
†Offer Terms
Earning Points Faster
Earn points for the things you need and use points for the things you want. ‡
‡Benefit Terms
$0 Intro Annual Fee
for the first year, then $175.†
No Interest Charges
No interest charges because you pay your balance in full each month. ‡
†Offer Terms
Rates and Fees
‡Benefit Terms
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:53 pm

Auto-approved for this offer. Had previously applied and approved for Business Gold Rewards 4 days ago for the 75k/$10k offer. Applied for personal using incognito and not signing in. Will report if the bonus actually posts.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 7:01 pm

I saw this thread before but since I already had the PRG card I ignored it.

But then I thought... Hey my friend has never had it, and it would complement his other AMEX cards. So I clicked the link for fun and the 50K offer appeared right away. So I applied (for him).

He was instantly approved. Yay!

I like this thread.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 10:43 pm

Habsone - are you saying you applied and was approved for both the personal _and_ business PRG's?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:36 am
Suspended

I think the 50k offer is gone. I tried about 100x across Chrome, IE, Safari, FireFox, and TOR incognito browsers. Also tried masking my IP. Nothing. Always 25k with $2k spend.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by TMM1982
I think the 50k offer is gone. I tried about 100x across Chrome, IE, Safari, FireFox, and TOR incognito browsers. Also tried masking my IP. Nothing. Always 25k with $2k spend.
Just got it last night. Took forever to get it to come up like you, all I can say is keep trying.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:23 am

I tried an incognito window about six times before I got it to come back up again just now. If it helps, I am closing the window and opening a new incognito window before I am seeing it.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Melchar
I tried an incognito window about six times before I got it to come back up again just now. If it helps, I am closing the window and opening a new incognito window before I am seeing it.
Yes I just got it! Applied and approved!

Sweet, thanks all. 50k easy here.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by RTWRide
Habsone - are you saying you applied and was approved for both the personal _and_ business PRG's?
Yes. This is the first time I've applied for PRG and BGR. Bonus is 50,000/1000 and 75,000/5000 respectively. Actually when the PRG app. came up it also showed me BGR promo on the same page indicating that there is a business version of this card on offer if i wanted to apply for it.

Congratulations, and welcome to American Express OPEN! Your application for the American Express® Business Gold Rewards Card has been approved.

Regards,

Last edited by Habsone; Jan 16, 2015 at 6:54 am
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Great! Applied for one for my wife and I and instantly approved. Used chrome to do each app. Data points: both her and I received spg pers and spg business in Nov. Now we each have 4 Amex cards (hilton, spg, spg, PRG)

New cards since 3/2014 for both of us =22 (11 each in 10 months) plus new car loan. Why didn't I discover this hobby sooner!
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:53 pm

Great find. I was about to apply for an Everyday, but couldn't pass up 5x the points for the same spend.

The 50k offer came up for me first time, twice - once when I applied for the card, and again when I realized I hadn't taken a screenshot. Both were new private browsing sessions, of course.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by mia

Once again, mia's research/search abilities/something never fails to impress.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.