Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Revived] Amex Premier Rewards Gold Card 50k Points After $2,000 Spend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 6:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I believe I had (and canceled) AmEx Personal Reward Gold couple years ago...
There are two sentences in the terms. One cautions that you may not be eligible for any new account bonus if you currently hold any American Express card. This has appeared for several years, is very infrequently enforced, and displays the red warning based on nothing more than browser cookies.

The second sentence excludes the new account bonus if you have ever held the identical card. You are not eligible to receive a new account bonus for a personal card which you have previously held. American Express will not display a warning if you have held the card before, they expect you to know or have records. See this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...etime-usa.html
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:13 pm

I know that AMEX limits you to 4 CREDIT cards at one time, but is there a limit on TOTAL cards or CHARGE cards. I have 3 personal credit cards and 2 biz charge cards currently open with AMEX and wouldn't mind jumping on this offer. Anyone have 3 charge cards currently open?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 1:09 am

AMEX pending points for dummies:

Old Feb 2, 2015, 2:25 am

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Another data point

Here's another data point... Hope it's useful to someone.

Current (long time) Plat holder, SPG cancelled in 2015, no other cards.

- Opened link via incognito and got 50k offer
- Applied without logging-in
- Instant approval
- Received card 2 days later
- Activated card and added it to online account
- Made the required spend
- Received 50,000 points 4 days later.

(I can't remember when the points went from 'pending' to 'available')
Old Feb 2, 2015, 9:50 am

Thanks for information. I am the unlucky guy without any points pending. I have no MR cards since 2 years ago. When I applied PRG, I had Amex blue cash and HHonor. I am very unhappy to miss the 40% transfer bonus to BA.

Originally Posted by ICEE45

Old Feb 2, 2015, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by ICEE45

Could've just click on "i" next to Available Points.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by fyugioh
Could've just click on "i" next to Available Points.
Thank you
Old Feb 3, 2015, 11:52 am

Data points:

1/31/15 completed the spending requirement.
2/2/15 all pending transactions disappeared but zero pending or available points.
2/3/15 50,000 bonus points posted as available points.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 1:41 pm
formerly known as RK7

Programs: Many
Since I recently applied and received an Amex Business Plat card and the accompanying huge bonus (what was it 75k or 100k?) I decided to apply for my wife (who has only one Amex card at the moment) for this promo.
I was successful the first time using Google Chrome incognito and got instant approval. Hurray! Thanks everyone..
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:47 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
I accessed the 50,000 sign up bonus through the incognito window. I took a photo. When I clicked through, I got the red notice about if you've had a card, etc. I haven't had this type of amex before - only green and platinum. I may have had an intermediary gold for a few months, but I don't think so (regular gold). Do you think I should still be OK on the bonus?
Old Feb 4, 2015, 8:51 pm

I have one Amex card and applied and have decision pending. Wife went through no problem. Thankyou for the link.
Old Feb 4, 2015, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by floridagal23
I accessed the 50,000 sign up bonus through the incognito window. I took a photo. When I clicked through, I got the red notice about if you've had a card, etc. I haven't had this type of amex before - only green and platinum. I may have had an intermediary gold for a few months, but I don't think so (regular gold). Do you think I should still be OK on the bonus?
Based on my experience, you've got a 50/50 chance.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:50 am

FYI for those living/working overseas: the incognito link must be accessed from a United States IP address.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dannyfries
FYI for those living/working overseas: the incognito link must be accessed from a United States IP address.
Got card 1/25.
Achieved $1000 spend on 1/29 but charges did not fully post until 2/4
Woke up this morning on 2/5 to see the 50K....all available. Didn't expect it so quick.... but who is complaining
Old Feb 5, 2015, 8:58 am

50K points posted as available immediately after I hit the $1000 spend. I actually wish I had done this earlier to get the BA transfer bonus, but I didn't because the other reports were all showing the points only show as pending. Ah well. I can hoard them the rest of the year and hope for another xfer bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.