Delta (G,P,R) --> Simply Cash
Print Wikipost

USA card product conversions...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 6:14 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by svytraveler
I... he was offered a PC to the EveryDay card and we took it. I was thinking the PRG was a charge card, not a credit card, like the EveryDay series,
Premier Rewards Gold is a charge card, while Everyday is a credit card. Don't be surprised if it turns out that the CSR actually submitted an application for Everyday, and that this conversion was really a new application with a cancellation.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:14 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by mia
Premier Rewards Gold is a charge card, while Everyday is a credit card. Don't be surprised if it turns out that the CSR actually submitted an application for Everyday, and that this conversion was really a new application with a cancellation.
If the agent actually did that, do you have any recourse to be compensated for having a hard pull, an account closed, and a new account against your will. This won't look good on a credit report.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Changed my Delta Gold card to the Hilton Surpass just now. Apparently Blue Cash Everyday might have been another no-AF option too according to the CSR but I already have that card.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
Changed my Delta Gold card to the Hilton Surpass just now. Apparently Blue Cash Everyday might have been another no-AF option too according to the CSR but I already have that card.
What happens to the annual fee when you convert from one product to another, especially when it's different ($95 for Gold Delta and $75 for Hilton Surpass) ? Also, is there a time frame that conversions are allowed (no more than 1 per lifetime or 1 per year, etc) ? I just converted my SPG AMEX to the Gold Delta, but would like to eventually convert to the no annual fee Hilton card. I originally requested a conversion to AMEX Hilton, but it was not allowed.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by steve4
What happens to the annual fee when you convert from one product to another, especially when it's different ($95 for Gold Delta and $75 for Hilton Surpass) ? Also, is there a time frame that conversions are allowed (no more than 1 per lifetime or 1 per year, etc) ? I just converted my SPG AMEX to the Gold Delta, but would like to eventually convert to the no annual fee Hilton card. I originally requested a conversion to AMEX Hilton, but it was not allowed.
Oops, I meant the HHonors card without an AF, not Surpass. In any case, a prorated amount's supposed to get credited once the change takes effect (today supposedly). I probably would have canceled it altogether if the card wasn't backdated to my BCE's open date.

Also, from what it sounded like over the phone last night, they allow PC once a year or so per card, but I could be wrong on that.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:38 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Does anyone know if a product conversion would incur a credit inquiry? I am looking to convert my old school Blue to Everyday.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by TOMFORD
Does anyone know if a product conversion would incur a credit inquiry? I am looking to convert my old school Blue to Everyday.

Not if it's a product change. If a change isn't possible they'll tell you to app for the new product.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
It's also a shame as you potentially missed out on the signup bonus associated with the EveryDay card.

IIRC, isn't the everyday bonus only 10k MR? Hardly worth a credit pull when there are cards with $500-1200 worth of first year value.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Everyday was 25K MR points for awhile late 2015.
Everyday Preferred was 30K MR points also for a while late 2015
Old Feb 16, 2016, 12:26 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Originally Posted by slivrflyr
Not if it's a product change. If a change isn't possible they'll tell you to app for the new product.
Switched! The only reason I had the Blue was to hold my MR points during the times I don't have any MR earning cards, other than that it's useless. Now with the Freedom 10+10 gone, the new Everyday card will likely be my go to card for everyday spending.
Old Mar 9, 2016, 10:05 am

Couple of months ago I inquired about switching some of my SPG cards to another product and was only given delta products as possibilities

I called Amex recently and they said that there are no options to change out of SPG products anymore.

I've got at least a month before my renewal so i will keep the SPG cards but am definitely looking to cull the dead AF weight.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:15 pm

Ugh. Amex is such a pain to deal with. They used to allow PCing the SPG Biz to the Simply Cash Biz but it looks like they no longer do that b/c they are different products. What the heck. Why do I have to waste a hard pull to cancel and reapply? And there's no bonus so I'm not going to do that...
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Downgrade Delta Amex to ?

Is it possible to downgrade a DL Amex to something without an annual fee? If so, what would you suggest? I am not worried about the DL miles, but I would like to keep the Amex in my wallet if possible

Thanks!
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by abcx
Ugh. Amex is such a pain to deal with. They used to allow PCing the SPG Biz to the Simply Cash Biz but it looks like they no longer do that b/c they are different products. What the heck. Why do I have to waste a hard pull to cancel and reapply? And there's no bonus so I'm not going to do that...
Don't forget they you're also losing an old account in this case since Amex no longer backdated newly opened accounts
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Ceres
Is it possible to downgrade a DL Amex to something without an annual fee?
Co-branded products are not eligible for conversion per my experience.

Also, AFAIK, AMEX does not offer a DL card without the AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.