Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

AmEx Blue Cash Preferred - Not seeing points from bonus categories

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Just closed my first statement on the Blue Cash Preferred. Spent about $500 on groceries which should be giving me 6% back ($30) but I only have $2.64 in Rewards. The grocery purchases are recognized as being on the grocery category so why aren't I getting the 6%?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:23 pm

Reward dollars are credited on the following statement.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:30 pm
Original Poster

So I have to wait up to two full statement cycles? First wait for the current cycle to finish and then for the statement after that?
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by justinh20
So I have to wait up to two full statement cycles? First wait for the current cycle to finish and then for the statement after that?
This is standard for American Express (USA) own rewards programs including Membership Rewards, Reward Dollars and (I suppose) BlueSky.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Hm, guess I totally missed that. Thanks for the info
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:46 pm

How can you view Year End rewards breakdown? I am trying to calculate whether or not it is wise to stick with BC Preferred or downgrade to the BC Everyday next month when my AF is due?

Besides going thru every statement and adding up totals, is there an easier method?

EDIT: Nevermind! Took me a solid 20 minutes but I stumbled upon my answer

Last edited by adschnei; Feb 23, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.