Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Concierge iPhone App Beta Testing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
Amex Concierge iPhone App Beta Testing

Did anyone get an e-mail about trying out the app?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
No - is it for Platinum and Cent?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

I got an invite after I completed a survey about my Platinum Card experience. The survey was pretty general, but included a section about my use of the Concierge and if I had an iPhone. The email's title was "Tell us about your platinum card experience..."

It appears that the beta testing is just for iPhone users. I accepted the invite, but I am having issues installing the permissions for the app (I think it has something to do with my Company's settings on the phone). They are using something called TestFlight, which appears to be a service that pushes the app to your phone and is used to track your feedback? Regardless, I hope the issue I am having will be fixed so I can participate in the beta testing.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Exactly what PP said - there was a platinum survey and at the end of it, there was an option to sign up. I have an iphone. My survey included something saying they would send me a $50 amex giftcard for participating.

PP, I had trouble with part of the installation with test flight and e-mailed the contact. Basically, i signed up for an account with test flight on my desktop but when it came to the next step to connect the device on my iphone (I basically clicked the link from the email) I kept getting an error message like "The SCEP server configuration is not supported." Amex assured me that they were aware of the issue and just to create the account and download the app. The app download comes by separate email the next day. I was able to easily download the app and it's on my phone right now. Haven't tried it out - I love emailing concierge too much.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Update: I have been playing around with the app. It's kind of great. You get real time, chat responses from the concierge as though you are texting on the phone, but since you're logged into your account through the app, no need to verify your identity, etc. It seems to be well integrated into the iphone software - you have to enter in a passcode to access the app much in the way you do when your iphone is locked. I asked the concierge to help us plan a trip to Newport over the summer with suggestions for activities, mansion tours, and dining recs. There is also a "call" option on the upper right part of the screen that presumably will connect you with the concierge.

The notifications show up on the iphone like text messages.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
must be highly targeted. I didn't get the survey and I get emails all the time from those suckers.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Ugh. SMS works so much better than an additional app. Please post your experiences

Last edited by JAGMAP; Dec 19, 2014 at 4:56 am
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tibs
must be highly targeted. I didn't get the survey and I get emails all the time from those suckers.
It's possible. We use the concierge service frequently. Mostly for dining as we live in nyc but we do a lot of activity planning through Amex as well. I assume that we were targeted because the vast majority of contact is through email.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by floridagal23
Exactly what PP said - there was a platinum survey and at the end of it, there was an option to sign up. I have an iphone. My survey included something saying they would send me a $50 amex giftcard for participating.

PP, I had trouble with part of the installation with test flight and e-mailed the contact. Basically, i signed up for an account with test flight on my desktop but when it came to the next step to connect the device on my iphone (I basically clicked the link from the email) I kept getting an error message like "The SCEP server configuration is not supported." Amex assured me that they were aware of the issue and just to create the account and download the app. The app download comes by separate email the next day. I was able to easily download the app and it's on my phone right now. Haven't tried it out - I love emailing concierge too much.
You are correct, Amex Support for the app confirmed that even with the issue, I'll get the app in 24 hrs. So I should have it this afternoon.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Tibs
Well I've had the Plat card for a little over a year and I've used the concierge twice (dinner reservation and flowers), so I wouldn't consider myself a high user of the service.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Maybe staggered then. I've used it somewhat.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:04 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
I've got it installed, you can ignore the scap error. It's about loading an app on your iPhone that isn't sold pubically through the App Store.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Just an update. App is super easy to use and same few concierges seem to be taking in app requests and handling them well. I had one technical glitch which they resolved for me. So far, have used it to get bar recommendations, travel itineraries (sightseeing) for one domestic city, one international, and to track down a hard to find grocery item locally. I am really pleased. How is it going for everyone else?
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:36 am
Original Poster

By way of an update, the app is working out really well for us. We had one technical glitch that was resolved. I had my "end of trial" interview by phone and was sent a nice amex GC in return for participating. Win all around!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:25 pm

Can somebody with access provide a bit more detail and some screenshots? I tried to get in contact with some of you without any luck, would like to run a story on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.