Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

MR targeted offer...Extension past application deadline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Hi All:

Was recently targeted for a 75K miles offer from AMEX (with a 5K spend in 3 months). The deadline to apply is 11/30. Is AMEX generally lenient about extending those deadlines?

I'm currently working through another 5K spend in 3 months Visa card, so I'd like to hold off on the AMEX until I get close hitting the spending limits on the Visa.

Any advise on how I should proceed?

Thanks,
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:40 am

It is doubtful that they would extend it, and in fact, I have had Amex pull (online) upgrade offers early even though the terms stated they expired at a later date.

If you have an issue meeting the spend target, I would wait until the next bonus comes around.

Churn responsibly!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the insight

Does this offer show up often? I've seen the 50K offer frequently. The 100K offer requires that you got to fork over the hefty $450 annual fee.

Thanks,
Old Nov 19, 2014, 6:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bruin4ever
The 100K offer requires that you got to fork over the hefty $450 annual fee.
The annual fee is related to the card, not to the size of the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.