Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted: Canadian Amex Plat special offer at Sporting Life

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Canadian Amex Plat special offer at Sporting Life

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Thanks!!!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:17 am

Thanks, BenSenise for working out how to use this on a not so friendly web site. I was able to follow your instructions and place my order and save $50.

"You're a better man than I BenSenise".
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SometimeTraveler
Thanks, BenSenise for working out how to use this on a not so friendly web site. I was able to follow your instructions and place my order and save $50.

"You're a better man than I BenSenise".
As much as I'd like to take credit, it should be given to mbx1 who is really the one who figured it out
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: Gate Lice, Credit Card Cattle
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mbx1
SOLUTION:

Online, proceed to checkout.

Enter the 11 digit number on your card as a gift card.
Enter the 6 digit code as the pin.

It works!
Thank you, that works. Also, as another poster "BenSenise" stated earlier "they have thus extended to 20% offer validity to the 23rd (or 24th, i can't remember what she said.) just use the same code."......I was able to stack the 20% Promo + the $50 off.

Steps:
1) Enter the 20% Promo Code (using the Online Promo Code, not the bar code number) before the checkout payment info page (as stated by mbx1). From what I understand the 20% promo code is pretty generic and can be used for any Amex cardholders and not a one time off code. I've tried another user account and it seems to work. Not sure if I should share the promo code in public but feel free to send me a pm if you want to try the 20% code.

2) As stated by mbx1, at the last payment info checkout page, enter the 11 digit bar code number plus the 6 digit code as the pin and in total you get 20% off plus the $50 off. The $50 off is a gift card and can only be used once.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:40 pm

Used the $50 card in-store on an Under Armour item that was $55.00, came out paying $12.15.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Aeroplan, Marriott Gold Elite, Nexus
Originally Posted by orangutan
Thank you, that works. Also, as another poster "BenSenise" stated earlier "they have thus extended to 20% offer validity to the 23rd (or 24th, i can't remember what she said.) just use the same code."......I was able to stack the 20% Promo + the $50 off.

Steps:
1) Enter the 20% Promo Code (using the Online Promo Code, not the bar code number) before the checkout payment info page (as stated by mbx1). From what I understand the 20% promo code is pretty generic and can be used for any Amex cardholders and not a one time off code. I've tried another user account and it seems to work. Not sure if I should share the promo code in public but feel free to send me a pm if you want to try the 20% code.

2) As stated by mbx1, at the last payment info checkout page, enter the 11 digit bar code number plus the 6 digit code as the pin and in total you get 20% off plus the $50 off. The $50 off is a gift card and can only be used once.
Thanks! Worked.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, VSE/MVC Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by orangutan
The 20% off code didn't work today -- said it was expired. I really hate getting offers in the mail that arrive after they've already expired...

The $50 off worked fine.

$120 regular priced items, $65 off "on sale" discounts, and $50 off came to $18.23
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:35 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mbx1
Whops. You are right... the 12 digit number.

Go through checkout.. and put that in the gift card entry (same page you enter your credit card info)
Wow, so glad I searched on FT - didn't go into the new Ottawa store today figuring it would be easier online, and was fighting with the "promo code" box for awhile.

Thanks for saving me!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:58 am
Suspended

Just wondering if anyone has had their order ship on this deal. I ordered online on Sunday and my order status is still "processing." My card has not been charged yet either. Maybe I'm being impatient but most online shops that I use charge the card the same day and ship within 48 hours. Just curious about other people's experience.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
Sporting Life's not the GAP that's for sure. Order Friday, receive Tuesday.

SL didn't anticipate the demand IMO. I spent $5 over $50, wonder how many other did as well, probably won't see this promo next year!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:20 pm

I placed my order on Friday afternoon and as of now it is showing as "processing". The charge has not appeared on my Amex account yet.
I hope they don't end up cancelling the order and not allowing me to use the $50 credit.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Ordered a week ago and still "processing". Pretty bad service and a mucked promo if you want to bring in new customers!! I got my Amazon order in less than a week with ground shipping.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:54 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Same scenario as everyone else - no change.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:16 pm
Suspended

charge just showed up on my amex card now, late on nov 27, with a posting date of nov 25. maybe they were just inundated with higher than usual volume but that would have been planned for in a properly conceived marketing plan, no?
i thought the whole idea of a promotion was to gain new customers. but since i'm not so impressed with their service, i'm not so sure i would want to order from them again.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 5:55 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Terrible company - a week after I placed my order, I just received an email that an item I ordered is Out of Stock, and would I like to reply by email to substitute an item?

How can you launch an e-commerce site without real-time stock checking at checkout. Even worse, it takes you a WEEK to notify someone an item is out of stock?

Well, I'll never be your customer again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.